Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default movies with shirtless scenes..

They bug me and are a little distracting. I was listening to TW's commentary on Thor: Ragnarok and he says with humor of course, that Chris Hemsworth wasn't planning on getting shirtless but Taika told Chris that he had to sell more tickets so they put it in. But yeah take that scene away and you don't lose anything at all. It adds nothing to the movie. Because of this trend of shirtless/side nudity/full frontal in movies, it makes some moviegoers brain dead. I've had conversations with movie viewer friends through the years and annoyingly, because of this trend instead of commenting on how engrossed they were with the story their reaction was OMG HE/SHE WAS SOOOOO HAWWWT!!. I say with movies good storytelling should overtake sex appeal and other fluff. Look at Breaking Bad. Bryan Cranston isn't the most handsome individual nor is Aaron Paul. But because of good storytelling that show was and is regarded as one of the best tv shows. Paul Verhoven's Showgirls on the other hand, was pure trash and laughable.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    They bug me and are a little distracting. I was listening to TW's commentary on Thor: Ragnarok and he says with humor of course, that Chris Hemsworth wasn't planning on getting shirtless but Taika told Chris that he had to sell more tickets so they put it in. But yeah take that scene away and you don't lose anything at all. It adds nothing to the movie. Because of this trend of shirtless/side nudity/full frontal in movies, it makes some moviegoers brain dead. I've had conversations with movie viewer friends through the years and annoyingly, because of this trend instead of commenting on how engrossed they were with the story their reaction was OMG HE/SHE WAS SOOOOO HAWWWT!!. I say with movies good storytelling should overtake sex appeal and other fluff. Look at Breaking Bad. Bryan Cranston isn't the most handsome individual nor is Aaron Paul. But because of good storytelling that show was and is regarded as one of the best tv shows. Paul Verhoven's Showgirls on the other hand, was pure trash and laughable.
    You take that back about Showgirls!

Retired

I like how Jim Kirk would always lose his shirt. And I've been watching THE WILD WILD WEST and notice that Jim West has the same condition.

As for Paul Verhoeven, he's a cinematic genius!

Astonishing Member

Do you feel the same way about women in bikini scenes or skin tight leather outfits?

Is this satire?

Probably the most famous & legendary would be Clark Gable from "It Happened One Night" (1934):

I mean, sales for men's undershirts plummeted (LOL!)
    Last edited by K7P5V; 08-21-2021 at 10:28 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

It’s just a bit of flesh. No cause for panic.

Astonishing Member

Anything with LL Cool J had him shirtless for a bit. I used to joke, "all that money and he still can't buy a shirt".

I’m the opposite I guess.

I like a good shirt scene, where someone who usually goes without, gets to flaunt some fabric.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Do you feel the same way about women in bikini scenes or skin tight leather outfits?
    Yeah I would agree with that. Megan Fox would be lying if she said she didn't feel objectified by Michael Bay with Transformers 1 and 2.

But Bryan Cranston *did* have a shirtless scene:

(As for Thor: Ragnarok, part of it was to set up the counter by the Hulk's proudly nude scene later on, for comedy)

Mighty Member

Say what you want about the film Postal, but that at least had Dave Foley's dick waving about on the screen.

As a straight man, I demand to see my fellow man's penis more.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    But Bryan Cranston *did* have a shirtless scene:

(As for Thor: Ragnarok, part of it was to set up the counter by the Hulk's proudly nude scene later on, for comedy)
    Who the hell shaves body hair at the same place where you eat?!

BANNED

What is this thread about and is it shirtless for men and women? I don't mind shirtless actors.

The best shirtless woman in a scene goes to Kate Winslet in Titanic

The best Shirtless man goes to Piers Brosnan in Die Another Day.

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    it can add a lot if it is done well and is part of the story. This issue has come up before in another thread about if it was right Disney were choosing to censor some Fox films they now owned and the answer was that it sure all depends.
    Last edited by Castle; 08-23-2021 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    What is this thread about and is it shirtless for men and women? I don't mind shirtless actors.

The best shirtless woman in a scene goes to Kate Winslet in Titanic

The best Shirtless man goes to Piers Brosnan in Die Another Day.

it can add a lot if it is done well and is part of the story. This issue has come up before in another thread about if it was right Disney were choosing to censor some Fox films they now owned and the answer was that it sure all depends.
    I can go with you on Kate Winselt- that was a beautiful scene, and the nudity was tastefully done.

But Brosnan in Die Another Day?! I would have gone with Goldeneye myself.