Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

You sad loosers. Clinging to your childhood nostalgia
    I really NEED that retro Castle Greyskull toy (80,00 €) for Christmas... Proudly wore my Masters of the Universe Tshirt to work

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    You sad loosers. Clinging to your childhood nostalgia
    I really NEED that retro Castle Greyskull toy (80,00 €) for Christmas... Proudly wore my Masters of the Universe Tshirt to work
    I'll take your Castle Greyskull and raise you with Crossfire (My god, this blew my mind as a kid.):

And a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Pizza Thrower:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQOo17fHTKE
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

Certainly remember McGruff the Crime Dog. Yes, I remember him in the 1980s, but this was my most memorable since it came on during the most vivid part of my childhood, Saturday morning:

Taking that bite outta crime, McGruff!
    "I am a man of peace."

Anybody else remember Sam Goody?:

I remember this used to be a part of my mall experience. I remember the rows of tapes in the back. Plus there was a video cassette section.
    "I am a man of peace."

Astonishing Member

I realize that the great majority of people reading this message board are too young to remember television in the 1960s, but a fixture of the medium in those days was the omnipresence of commercials for cigarettes. These ads were banned as of the start of 1972, but until then the tobacco companies were about the most prominent sponsors of TV shows. Many of the TV ads were just versions of the print campaigns, but often they would in fact incorporate performers from the very programs that they were sponsoring. Here's an example:

Astonishing Member

And here's another example:

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    And here's another example:

My dad showed me this one. i was floored and couldnt believe it!
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    My dad showed me this one. i was floored and couldnt believe it!
    Believe it!!!

Very interesting. A full minute of cigarette ads. Crazy to me, not just because of the promotional of a harmful drug but also because we rarely have full minute commercials anymore!

Wanted to share this great clip from the Comic Tropes YouTube channel on the little corner artwork on Marvel Comics:

Really miss those images. It made Marvel titles distinguishable. I could also get a rough estimate of when the title was made by looking at the corner art.
    "I am a man of peace."

As a huge fan of 90s infomercials, I loved Ron Popeil's products. Of course, there was the Showtime Rotisserie oven and the food dehydrator. But the product that I loved the most was the pasta maker:

You could make all sorts of pastas with this thing! Amazing!
    "I am a man of peace."

Is this the same guy who did those ads for that bake oven. Where they would yell "Set it and Forget it!"

For awhile I a sucker for those kitchen gadgets. I had like 20 useless things from this ads or as seen on tv isle at Walmart. This was like 12 years ago and the only thing I have now is my George Foreman Grill
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Is this the same guy who did those ads for that bake oven. Where they would yell "Set it and Forget it!"

For awhile I a sucker for those kitchen gadgets. I had like 20 useless things from this ads or as seen on tv isle at Walmart. This was like 12 years ago and the only thing I have now is my George Foreman Grill
    Yep, Ron Popeil as the "Set it and forget!" guy. He was the king of infomercials too. Made tons of them throughout the years. Glad to read you're still using your George Foreman. My family's got too greasy and burnt. Very difficult to clean.

Still, one of my all time favorites had to be for the Red Devil Grill:

I thought the variety of food and the ways you could arrange the grill was f'ing amazing! Still think that as well! Then I heard that it broke down and caused fires. Yep, the red devil was one hell of a machine.
    "I am a man of peace."

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Yep, Ron Popeil as the "Set it and forget!" guy. He was the king of infomercials too. Made tons of them throughout the years. Glad to read you're still using your George Foreman. My family's got too greasy and burnt. Very difficult to clean.

Still, one of my all time favorites had to be for the Red Devil Grill:

I thought the variety of food and the ways you could arrange the grill was f'ing amazing! Still think that as well! Then I heard that it broke down and caused fires. Yep, the red devil was one hell of a machine.
    To be honest I am working on my 3rd on e right now. But I love these little things