Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I remember my parents recording something off the TV and the trailer got recorded and I almost couldn't stop playing it. I was getting so hyped for the movie.

It was really a great soundtrack. I don't care what anybody says.
    To the utmost, I agree! Movie version of the theme-song is monumental (IMHO):

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Anyone here get Nostalgic for even times before they were born or too young to remember?
    Most of my favorite films were made 25-30 years before my birth. I grew up watching them on late night TV. The Maltese Falcon (IMO) remains one of the finest hard-boiled detective yarns ever put to film.

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Still, was it completely off? Was the past not as rosy as we thought it was? For me, I've been concerned about climate change recently. I'm sure many of us have. I miss the days when fall had dry days and brisk winds blowing multi-colored leaves off of trees. I miss winters that were actual winters, not 50 degree days, but really cold days with snow on the ground. And I certainly miss summer days when a heatwave was just two or three days and not an entire summer.
    I am relating to this part all too well. I used to love Winter with the cold weather and the snow. But that seems to be a gone by days as we have had very little snow the last 6 or so years here. In fact it is going to be 80 degrees here on The 8th. Great for voting but no way should it be 80 freaken degrees the second week of November.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member

Anyone into 90s Eurodance? the obvious Snap Rhythm is a Dancer, What is Love by Haddaway, This the Night by Amber, here some obscure song, I especially love the first song in this montage.

1995 was a great year, I remember seeing Age of Apocalypse issues in my old elementary school library despite its dark content(funny how that library are being censored now), I love movies from that year even though I was too young to watch it, I recently watched Mallrats, loved it, my fave Kevin Smith movie. hell I even get nostalgic for the Clone Saga of Spider-man, my fave being the obviously Amazing 400 which I can never forgive them for bring back Aunt May and undoing that story.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I am relating to this part all too well. I used to love Winter with the cold weather and the snow. But that seems to be a gone by days as we have had very little snow the last 6 or so years here. In fact it is going to be 80 degrees here on The 8th. Great for voting but no way should it be 80 freaken degrees the second week of November.
    Truth bro. Very relatable, especially when it comes to winter. Over in the NYC area, we'll be in the upper 70s when it's our election day as well.

Anyone into 90s Eurodance? the obvious Snap Rhythm is a Dancer, What is Love by Haddaway, This the Night by Amber, here some obscure song, I especially love the first song in this montage.

1995 was a great year, I remember seeing Age of Apocalypse issues in my old elementary school library despite its dark content(funny how that library are being censored now), I love movies from that year even though I was too young to watch it, I recently watched Mallrats, loved it, my fave Kevin Smith movie. hell I even get nostalgic for the Clone Saga of Spider-man, my fave being the obviously Amazing 400 which I can never forgive them for bring back Aunt May and undoing that story.
    Love that early to mid 90s dance music. Was listening to "This Is How We Do It" and "Be My Lover" a couple of days ago.

I liked 1995 as a year for comics as well. Yes, it was just the start of the comic bubble burst and infamous stories like the Clone Saga. But for me, I've fond memories of that time, mainly because I didn't have access to comics. I'd moved from one town to another a couple of years prior. The new town didn't have a comic book store so I could only get by with comics in happenstance places. The mall, a convenience store, the occasion comic book store in a place far away from me, these were the times I could get my hands on a comic. The times were few and far in between and the places pretty far away from where I lived. So getting a single issue of part 6 of the Clone Saga was something special.

1995 and I think 1996 was great for me as well because that was the time of the DC/Marvel Crossover. That was one of my favorite crossovers ever. Bought the TPB and enjoyed it for years.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Astonishing Member

Truth bro. Very relatable, especially when it comes to winter. Over in the NYC area, we'll be in the upper 70s when it's our election day as well.

Love that early to mid 90s dance music. Was listening to "This Is How We Do It" and "Be My Lover" a couple of days ago.

I liked 1995 as a year for comics as well. Yes, it was just the start of the comic bubble burst and infamous stories like the Clone Saga. But for me, I've fond memories of that time, mainly because I didn't have access to comics. I'd moved from one town to another a couple of years prior. The new town didn't have a comic book store so I could only get by with comics in happenstance places. The mall, a convenience store, the occasion comic book store in a place far away from me, these were the times I could get my hands on a comic. The times were few and far in between and the places pretty far away from where I lived. So getting a single issue of part 6 of the Clone Saga was something special.

1995 and I think 1996 was great for me as well because that was the time of the DC/Marvel Crossover. That was one of my favorite crossovers ever. Bought the TPB and enjoyed it for years.
    I think in 1996 during Onslaught I stopped going to the comic store weekly. I lived in Miami and was fortunately to have some comic stores in my area, 96 is when they started going out of business. the comic store I visited when I first moved to Kendall(suburb of Miami), had a store cat that I remember always petting, I love cats, had them all my life. 1996 was also the time when DBZ premiered in USA. Even simple minded stuff like Beavis and Butthead I loved, I remember laughing my ass off on the Do America movie that came that year despite my dad who had to be with me, thinking it was so low-class. lol

I know, right?! It only gets better with the arrival of...

Amalgam Comics

The 1997 sequels were also great (IMHO):

Last edited by K7P5V; 11-03-2022 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Added Clarification.

Astonishing Member

I'm a very 80s mood today, I know many people here are into anime, anyone get really nostalgic for old anime from the 80s and 90s like Dirty Pair, Bubblegum Crisis, original Dragonball, even Saint Seiya? Anyone missed back when animation was hand drawn. I recently watch a a video on Macross and boy, back when it was Robotech and how even in its butchered version still delved into strong character development and politics. I found a music video I would like to share from the 1984 movie remake Macross, Do You Remember Love". I'm glad the Macross uncensored is coming back the original and other spin off are getting original release and even theatrical releaseses. I can wait for this movie on theaters whenever that is.

I also like to research what Japan was like in the old Bubble Era which is the 80s to early 90s Where Japan was in its finance peak until it burst in 91.

OMG! Totally agree!! The '80s had several highly recommended selections, especially...

Project A-ko
    (プロジェクトA子)

Last edited by K7P5V; 11-04-2022 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

I didn't watch this show all that often when I was a kid, but when I did, it seriously messed up my mind in the best possible way.

"I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

I remember my first exposure to Anime being on one of our local only stations. We had station 25 that on Friday nights starting at ten would show some Anime movies. I remember sneaking up late one night so I could watch Vampire Hunter D.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I like No limit by the 2 Unlimited:

“Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Astonishing Member

[QUOTE=Zelena;6254371]I like No limit by the 2 Unlimited:

Great song, I discovered this song late in my life searching through youtube for new songs

Didn’t know this song…

Another emblematic song of this “angry wasp style”, Mr Vain by Culture Beat:

“Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Astonishing Member

[QUOTE=Zelena;6254440]Didn’t know this song…

Another emblematic song of this “angry wasp style”, Mr Vain by Culture Beat:

That song came in 1993, the year I got into comics and X-MEN hardcore. watching FOX KIDs,

this is another great song from a year later.