Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920
    Invincible Member

Old Chicago was an indoor amusement park and mall in the late 70's in Bolingbrook, IL

I talked about this before, but seriously can't get enough of WPIX Channel 11 here in the NY/NJ area. A couple of months ago, the station celebrated their 75th anniversary with this special:

For me, WPIX is NYC's real station. Of course, there were ABC, NBC, and CBS stations in the area. The NYC stations are the flagship stations of these networks. But WPIX 11 feels so local and underdog-ish.

In any case, the clip highlights a lot of what made (and still makes) Channel 11 so nostalgic and special.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    I talked about this before, but seriously can't get enough of WPIX Channel 11 here in the NY/NJ area. A couple of months ago, the station celebrated their 75th anniversary with this special:

For me, WPIX is NYC's real station. Of course, there were ABC, NBC, and CBS stations in the area. The NYC stations are the flagship stations of these networks. But WPIX 11 feels so local and underdog-ish.

In any case, the clip highlights a lot of what made (and still makes) Channel 11 so nostalgic and special.
    I haven't lived on Long Island since 1992, but I grew up on WPIX for a quarter of a century. Of all of the channels, it probably was the first one that I regularly watched going back to 1968 (thanks to The Munsters, Popeye hosted by "Captain" Jack McCarthy, The Little Rascals, Bozo's Big Top, and The Three Stooges hosted by "Officer" Joe Bolton). Of the independent stations, though they were all great with their own particular strengths, WPIX might have been my favorite.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?