Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    This were so great. my Social Studies teacher had a whole bunch on VHS and we would watch them. Even in middle school the class got a kick out of them. I love when they spoofed School House Rock on The Simpsons Sadly too many in the GOP use this as a play book.
    Speaking of School House Rock parodies, this was aired on SNL once. GE owned NBC at the time.

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    I'll do you one more bro:

You knew it was Christmas time when channel 11 aired "March of the Wooden Soldiers" and then the Yule Log! And thanks for the other bumpers. Didn't know about those ones.

Oh yeah, I watched that every year as a kid! Thanks for that!

Quote Originally Posted by CellarDweller View Post
    Talking about wpix, didn't this air on that network?

Sorta?

(Memory is getting a little rusty...)

We are talking Zacherley, right?
    Last edited by numberthirty; 08-30-2021 at 01:01 AM.

Along that line...

Loved the "WFLD..." run of Son Of Svengoolie as a kid. Still remember my mom taking me to get the "3D" glasses for this one at 7-Eleven.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Speaking of School House Rock parodies, this was aired on SNL once. GE owned NBC at the time.

Damn, that was vicious! Can't believe it got aired on NBC.

Oh yeah, I watched that every year as a kid! Thanks for that!
    No problem. Definitely a big tradition.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Thought I should post these on this thread, 1991's Marvel Universe trading card set:

There would be subsequent sets sure. But 1991's holds a special place in my heart. That's the year I started to seriously purchase comics and learn about different heroes. The cards were a huge part of that. Looking at the cards, learning the bios of the characters, that's when I learned how amazing, fantastic, and uncanny the Marvel Universe was. As I look at these cards now, I see a cross section of individuals. Mutants, scientists, godlike beings, kings of lost kingdoms, and friendly neighborhood vigilantes. One just realizes the plethora of the Marvel Universe when laying out all the cards.

The experience still resonates by the way. I found my old set a couple of years ago and that honest sense of wonder was still there. Online entries and official websites just don't do that justice.
    Last edited by Tien Long; 08-30-2021 at 06:41 PM.
    "I am a man of peace."

sorry-- wrong thread
    Last edited by Shalla Bal; 09-01-2021 at 12:12 PM.

Thought I should post these on this thread, 1991's Marvel Universe trading card set:

There would be subsequent sets sure. But 1991's holds a special place in my heart. That's the year I started to seriously purchase comics and learn about different heroes. The cards were a huge part of that. Looking at the cards, learning the bios of the characters, that's when I learned how amazing, fantastic, and uncanny the Marvel Universe was. As I look at these cards now, I see a cross section of individuals. Mutants, scientists, godlike beings, kings of lost kingdoms, and friendly neighborhood vigilantes. One just realizes the plethora of the Marvel Universe when laying out all the cards.

The experience still resonates by the way. I found my old set a couple of years ago and that honest sense of wonder was still there. Online entries and official websites just don't do that justice.
    I know what you mean, and I totally agree! I feel the same way about the 1992 Jim Lee/X-Men Set (Impel):

Last edited by K7P5V; 08-31-2021 at 02:02 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Always was a fan of this series of commercials from Levi's back in the day:

What was cool was that this was part of a larger series of commercials that told a larger story of hip, cool, young people doing off the wall stuff in their Levi's Jeans. At the time, I didn't know what was going on. There was no YouTube or mass marketing explanation. Viewers just had to figure it out. There was someone beautiful in that, figuring out a secret message without being told. Even after all of these years, I'm still thinking about it!
    When I think of serialized commercials, I will always think of the soap opera series from Taster's Choice.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Astonishing Member

Jack Poet's Volkswagen dealership in LA closed long ago, but a large segment of the population of Southern California still remembers that they were located on Figueroa St. in Highland Park, on account of the radio and TV commercials that the Firesign Theater made for them in the late 1960s

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    Jack Poet's Volkswagen dealership in LA closed long ago, but a large segment of the population of Southern California still remembers that they were located on Figueroa St. in Highland Park, on account of the radio and TV commercials that the Firesign Theater made for them in the late 1960s

Damn, that was hilarious! Felt like I was watching a real life Ron Burgundy!
    "I am a man of peace."

Anyone else remember Action Park?

Only caught these commercials back in the early 90s. But yes, this is one of the original commercials for Action Park. And if that name sounds familiar, it's because there have been a number of documentaries on it. Indeed, Action Park was famous for a number of deaths and unsafe conditions. The owners kept the park running through various legal means. It's opened up again recently, but yeah, I'm not going to Action Park any time soon.
    "I am a man of peace."

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Along that line...

Loved the "WFLD..." run of Son Of Svengoolie as a kid. Still remember my mom taking me to get the "3D" glasses for this one at 7-Eleven.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jGxGrZq5Vw
    I know, right?! Good times! Still enjoy those parody songs!

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

Anyone else remember Action Park?

Only caught these commercials back in the early 90s. But yes, this is one of the original commercials for Action Park. And if that name sounds familiar, it's because there have been a number of documentaries on it. Indeed, Action Park was famous for a number of deaths and unsafe conditions. The owners kept the park running through various legal means. It's opened up again recently, but yeah, I'm not going to Action Park any time soon.

Oh yeah, I remember Action Park.

Oh yeah, I remember Action Park.
    Cool. Yeah, here's a trailer for the documentary on it. Thinking of watching it later myself.
    "I am a man of peace."