Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Loved this commercial! A friend of mine in high school was called Mikey. Always said he was the kid from here.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Was almost going to post a Nobody Beats The Wiz commercial. The memories are vague, but the slogan, "Nobody Beats The Wiz," certainly remember that!
    "I am a man of peace."

Certainly loved this part of my Nick Jr. mornings:

Just the epitome of wholesomeness in that theme song. Still, the appearance of Harvey Weinstein in the credits takes away some of the glow :/ .
    "I am a man of peace."

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Certainly loved this part of my Nick Jr. mornings:

Just the epitome of wholesomeness in that theme song. Still, the appearance of Harvey Weinstein in the credits takes away some of the glow :/ .
    This was such a great show. I would watch David the Gnome then Mya the Bee
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Was almost going to post a Nobody Beats The Wiz commercial. The memories are vague, but the slogan, "Nobody Beats The Wiz," certainly remember that!
    I especially remember it during christmas seaon, of course, as a kid and all the jingling some of them. I would especially get excited because it was eluded to us that we would get some casettes for christmas. I am pretty sure I got Madonna, Cyndi Lauper and Janet Jackson from there.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 09-13-2021 at 11:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    This was such a great show. I would watch David the Gnome then Mya the Bee
    Yes, Mya the Bee was fantastic! Again, it just had that wholesome quality.

I especially remember it during christmas seaon, of course, as a kid and all the jingling some of them. I would especially get excited because it was eluded to us that we would get some casettes for christmas. I am pretty sure I got Maddonna, Cyndi Lauper and Janet Jackson from there.
    Ha, excellent bro. In between records and CD's, there were cassettes. Cool to hear that The Wiz carried those.
    "I am a man of peace."

Anyone else catch episodes of "In Search Of?"

Granted I watched the series when it re-aired back in the early 90s. This was History Channel/Discovery Channel before those channels became popular. The series tapped into this 70s fascination with the strange and paranormal. This is the era when Chariots of the Gods had just been released and ancient astronaut theorists (God, never thought I'd repeat that phrase!) were coming around.

Definitely liked this series though.
    "I am a man of peace."

Anyone else catch episodes of "In Search Of?"

Granted I watched the series when it re-aired back in the early 90s. This was History Channel/Discovery Channel before those channels became popular. The series tapped into this 70s fascination with the strange and paranormal. This is the era when Chariots of the Gods had just been released and ancient astronaut theorists (God, never thought I'd repeat that phrase!) were coming around.

Definitely liked this series though.
    Yes! Definitely! It used to creep me out and when I used to watch it when I was a kid. Then you had Leonard Nimoy hosting it. And I was a Trek fan even back then. The Amityville one especially scared me. Whether you, or I even, believe or not.

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

For those of us that did not have MTV back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by CellarDweller View Post
    For those of us that did not have MTV back in the day.

Yes. Did any one watch Nickolodeans Kids Rock? The one with the videos and not the one with the kids performing back in the 80's. I used to watch it. I think they got in trouble with MTV. I used to watch both. But I switched yo only the forner for a bit because of my parents. I can even remeber the theme song.

Yes. Did any one watch Nickolodeans Kids Rock? The one with the videos and not the one with the kids performing back in the 80's. I used to watch it. I think they got in trouble with MTV. I used to watch both. But I switched yo only the forner for a bit because of my parents. I can even remeber the theme song.
    Hmmm, I thought I knew what you were talking about, but that was before my time.

What you did remind me of though was The Nick Hit List:

This was cool. When I was 5, MTV was a little scary for me. So this show was the way that I got to know music. I'll always remember this show because it was when I first saw Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit."
    "I am a man of peace."

Throughout all of the anti-drug commercials of the 90s, this one really stood out to me:

This was always part of my Saturday morning viewing. Listening to it now, I'm dying laughing. "I'm not a chicken, you're a turkey!" That off key "Cowabunga" is funny too. Are the turtles asking a question or something? It definitely did it's job though. Never took drugs because of ads like these.

On a more serious note, I think how we have changed our views on drugs, particularly marijuana. Back then, it was seen as the gateway drug, the drug that was up there with cocaine and heroin. Now, marijuana legalization has occurred in a number of states. NJ has legalized recreational use. We started to debate whether criminalizing pot was a way to stop drug dealers or just a way to put Black and brown people in jails and deprive them of rights in a new form of Jim Crow.

Again, a lot has changed since those Saturday mornings 30 years ago (my God, really 30 years?).
    "I am a man of peace."