Robert James Liguori

Question Utility belt and coat pockets

Anyone know all the anti-paranormal things that Hellboy keeps in his utility belt and coat pockets?!? I assume an iron horseshoe and a rosary are two of them.
    Last edited by hbr; 08-22-2021 at 11:29 AM.

I think that question would be difficult to answer definitively - I would imagine that the variety and number of pieces that Hellboy might have on him at any given time would constantly be changing.

Part of the supplementary material on the Hellboy DVDs are "branching DVD comics" that were drawn by Mignola - one of them is for Hellboy's belt (and the amulets & talismans contained within).

DVD talismans 001b.jpg

Some interactive images pop up when you hover over and click on certain pouches on the belt. Here are some of Mignola's sketches for those items:

amulets 01.jpg

Just judging by that main image of the gunbelt, I think it could be inferred that the possibilities are almost endless.
    "Deep down underneath it all, I have the heart of a small boy. I keep it in a jar, on my desk." - Robert Bloch

Amazing Member

Skelton Crew still owes us a few of those...wonder if they're going to make any more? It's been quite a time since their last proper artifact release.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

It's like Batman's utility belt in that it contains whatever it needs to in order to tell the story.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    It's like Batman's utility belt in that it contains whatever it needs to in order to tell the story.
    Exactly. Anything that you could imagine - yep, Hellboy's got that.
    "Deep down underneath it all, I have the heart of a small boy. I keep it in a jar, on my desk." - Robert Bloch

Robert James Liguori

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Tim View Post
    I think that question would be difficult to answer definitively - I would imagine that the variety and number of pieces that Hellboy might have on him at any given time would constantly be changing.

Part of the supplementary material on the Hellboy DVDs are "branching DVD comics" that were drawn by Mignola - one of them is for Hellboy's belt (and the amulets & talismans contained within).

DVD talismans 001b.jpg

Some interactive images pop up when you hover over and click on certain pouches on the belt. Here are some of Mignola's sketches for those items:

amulets 01.jpg

Just judging by that main image of the gunbelt, I think it could be inferred that the possibilities are almost endless.
    Thank you for these images.