Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Who's replacing Tynion as the main BATMAN writer after November?

Figured we could start a thread for any news / rumors / wishes regarding who'll take over as the writer of Batman after Tynion.

Do you think a replacement will be revealed in time for the December solicitations next month, or will DC maybe use temporary fill-in writers for an arc or two in the meantime?

They could go the route of the Superman line. End Batman and continue with I Am Batman. Fold in Jorge Jimenez as an artist on that run. Leave Detective Comics as Bruce's title.

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    They could go the route of the Superman line. End Batman and continue with I Am Batman. Fold in Jorge Jimenez as an artist on that run. Leave Detective Comics as Bruce's title.
    But considering that the Batman title is their MAJOR title, I doubt that would be a wise move.

After all, how well was the main Superman title selling when they made that switch? Was it in the Top Five titles for DC sales-wise?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But considering that the Batman title is their MAJOR title, I doubt that would be a wise move.

After all, how well was the main Superman title selling when they made that switch? Was it in the Top Five titles for DC sales-wise?
    That's true. Who knows? Regardless, I think Bruce is going to be taking a backseat, like Clark. It might be Matthew Rosenberg.

My picks are Mariko Tamaki, Si Spurrier and Ram V. Maybe bring in Matt Fraction for a more out there take.

Even with all the changes DC's made, I don't even think their ballsy enough to try that. Batman is their golden goose flagship seller with Bruce at the helm, and as much as I like Jace, hes till an unknown factor, who knows how much he'll sell and if it'll at all be comparable to Bruce.
    Last edited by GSman; 08-22-2021 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    Even with all the changes DC's made, I don't even think their ballsy enough to try that. Batman is their golden goose flagship seller with Bruce at the helm, and as much as I like Jace, he's still has an unknown factor, who knows how much he'll sell and if it'll at all be comparable to Bruce.
    I think going from Clark to Jon was pretty risky as well, but true.

I think going from Clark to Jon was pretty risky as well, but true.
    While true, from a business perspective, Bruce would be riskier since he sells more. They were able to experiment with Superman, since unfortunately his sales haven't been the highest as of late, but when we have Batman the highest selling superhero in comics that's when caution becomes more of a factor. I'm not sure what they have in store for Bruce, he's obviously taking a sabbatical from Gotham so Jace can establish himself, similar with Clark and Jon, but what comes after is a mystery.

Ridley's already got a Jace series ready so I assume Batman will just be Bruce globe-hopping for an indefinite period of time while 'Tec will be whatever DC wants it to be.

They could always just have Taylor take over. Most likely it's gonna be Bendis.

Of the writers currently at DC? My guess is either Bendis or Yang.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. Kenway View Post
    they could always just have taylor take over. Most likely it's gonna be bendis.
    Please no Bendis.

Ehh... Why the people think that it can be him?

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Of the writers currently at DC? My guess is either Bendis or Yang.
    Yang could be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Yang could be fun.
    If someone thinks that it could be interesting..

It can not be worst than Bendis.

It would be more likely for them to cancel "I Am Batman" to put Jace in the main title, cause there is no way in hell they are ending their best selling book.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.