Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I'm not sure about the main title, but I think Matthew Rosenberg will take over the Joker book after Tynion has left.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Please no Bendis.

Ehh... Why the people think that it can be him?
    Because Bendis was known for writing "street-level" stories back around ten-or-twenty years ago?

I just hope on whomever takes over this title, they don't ignore Punchline, Clownhunter, Ghost-maker and any of the new characters that Tynion has introduced. That would suck because these new characters do have some real potential, especially how Punchline's popularity is up there.
    Last edited by captainzombie; 08-22-2021 at 06:15 PM.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Bendis next more than likely. Bats fits his style more.

Spectacular Member

I don't like Rosenberg, but the issue with Bendis is that his runs usually overhaul everything everyone else is working on. Taylor's doing great on Nightwing, if I were DC I'd give him Batman too, if he has the time.

Any chance Lemire takes it over? He's writing the Robin & Batman mini.

As for Punchline, Clownhunter and the rest of the Tynion cast, I wouldn't hold my breath for them.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

True, unfortunately, I dont see Clownhunter and possibly Ghost Maker holding out for long unless another writer wants to use them (say Ram V in Catwoman, whomever takes over Joker.) I do think Punchline will stick for a bit at least. She's gotten a lot of attention and good showing in numbers it seems.

As for taking over the title, I will be fine with most mentioned above. If they can limit Bendis to his book and not give him the keys to the kingdom as it were, I think he could even be tolerable. Rosenberg would be good, Tamaki...I have to say, she has surprised me on Detective. I hated her She-Hulk run. Her Wonder Woman run was just blah. Her Detective and Batman work has been quite good though. Give her both books? I dont know that DC is that ballsy.
    I still want Zdarsky.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    True, unfortunately, I dont see Clownhunter and possibly Ghost Maker holding out for long unless another writer wants to use them (say Ram V in Catwoman, whomever takes over Joker.) I do think Punchline will stick for a bit at least. She's gotten a lot of attention and good showing in numbers it seems.

As for taking over the title, I will be fine with most mentioned above. If they can limit Bendis to his book and not give him the keys to the kingdom as it were, I think he could even be tolerable. Rosenberg would be good, Tamaki...I have to say, she has surprised me on Detective. I hated her She-Hulk run. Her Wonder Woman run was just blah. Her Detective and Batman work has been quite good though. Give her both books? I dont know that DC is that ballsy.
    I still want Zdarsky.
    Zdarsky would truly be amazing. Dream come true.

I still want Zdarsky.
    The only two that I can see surviving post Tynion would Punchline for sure and possibly Clownhunter as he has some popularity to him. I know that Ghost Maker and The Gardener also have a smaller fanbase, but we will see. I just recently started getting back into comics after being away for many years and it just seems like the landscape is so different now on both the DC and Marvel sides with so many titles having become a convoluted mess.

Quote Originally Posted by captainzombie View Post
    The only two that I can see surviving post Tynion would Punchline for sure and possibly Clownhunter as he has some popularity to him. I know that Ghost Maker and The Gardener also have a smaller fanbase, but we will see. I just recently started getting back into comics after being away for many years and it just seems like the landscape is so different now on both the DC and Marvel sides with so many titles having become a convoluted mess.
    Jump on Wonder Woman (the book, not the character). Issue 770-772 had the best WW story in years. Great art, really fun, a great mystery, and some really awesome cameos from all over the DC universe.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Please no Bendis.

Ehh... Why the people think that it can be him?
    Bendis was awsome on "Batman: Univers", he could be great.

Incredible Member

I would like it to be Taylor. Could someone do both Batman and Nightwing at the same time?

Extraordinary Member

True, unfortunately, I dont see Clownhunter and possibly Ghost Maker holding out for long unless another writer wants to use them (say Ram V in Catwoman, whomever takes over Joker.)
    Clownhunter feels anyway to me like a character you should retire once his story is told. His stick of hunting down killing Jokers Henchman is not really that interesting on the long run.

And I don't feel like Ghost Maker really add much to the franchise anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Because Bendis was known for writing "street-level" stories back around ten-or-twenty years ago?
    I see.. I heard this before. But I hope that we are not as Unlucky as that.

Quote Originally Posted by jb681131 View Post
    Never heard about it or maybe ignored it watching Bendis name here.

Hoping that is Taylor.
    Last edited by adrikito; 08-23-2021 at 02:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jb681131 View Post
    I’d love to have the main Bat book done in that manner.
    Batman: Universe was the best Bat I’ve read in years.

Astonishing Member

I have a feeling that it might be Williamson or Bendis, not a fan of both options. Ridley would be fair option, but Batman is their main, best selling book, Jace isn't selling good, and DC is too cowardly to take a risk. That's why he's just keeping his solo.
    Maybe Yang, it's really would be pretty interesting option.
    I would like to see Lemire or Priest (if he's not going with that stupid ''Damian is Slade's son'' idea), but of course it's not gonna happen.