Mighty Member

Default Tech screw ups that affected you big time

A lot of schools a few years back were going to have the oh so wonderful Ultranet installed. The kids all got the day off so staff could have a training day but since everybody logged on the system at once it crashed and we were twiddling our thumbs the rest of the day. It was later scrapped.

Every other week the traffic lights in a major CBD Melbourne intersection conk out and police have to tell folks when to cross.

I lost a whole essay in the pre autosave days of 1991

My brother has one of these floor cleaning robots programmed to clean every part of the room. One day the cat had a poop in its path and,,,

And your disasters?

Not really “screw up” because, I suppose, I’m beware of techs.

But printers are useful tools when you use a computer and I tend to lose them stupidely: the first one, it remained unused for a while and it didn’t print anymore. The second one, I unplugged and plugged it and it didn’t want to function anymore. The cost of cartridges, in the long run, tends to be higher than the price of the device but I don’t like to make waste.
    I have high hopes for my current one, a very economical machine…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe