Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I love that you picked Tellus!

I am perplexed that you picked Comet Queen.

Again it seems, every character is *somebody's* favorite.
    Hah...like I said, I was only a fleeting reader of the title, never a hardcore devotee. I liked Comet Queen's look and personality so I went with her. Runners up probably would've been Andromeda or Inferno or Polar Boy.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    Hah...like I said, I was only a fleeting reader of the title, never a hardcore devotee. I liked Comet Queen's look and personality so I went with her. Runners up probably would've been Andromeda or Inferno or Polar Boy.
    One of the cool notes about Grava is that a flashback showed her parents trying to veer her away from her obsession with gaining the attention of a Legionnaire by joining the Legion (and doing risky stuff to maybe gain superpowers...), and her parents were two completely different species (either that or their species has some *radical* sexual dimorphism going on!), suggesting that all sorts of crazy families exist in the 30th century.

I'm only a fleeting fan of the Legion, but here are my ten faves:

1. Matter-Eater Lad
    2. Blok
    3. Dawnstar
    4. Wildfire
    5. Timber Wolf
    6. Sensor Lass
    7. Karate Kid
    8. Tellus
    9. XS
    10. Comet Queen
    Not a problem, a fleeting fan is still a fan. I've added your list to the points tally.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

If you like Comet Queen you should give a look to the Legion Academy issues of Adventure Comics (523-529). She had a good showing there.

Retired

What's a good estimate of how many members of the Legion there have been in all the different incarnations? I'm having a hard time calculating it. Let's say there's just 50--if you can only pick 10, that means you're leaving out a lot more. That's why I didn't pick Matter Eater Lad or Comet Queen--even though I like them--just because there are so many members I like and only ten slots. I pretty much went through it in my mind chronologically, so earlier members all wound up on my list and the later ones couldn't make the cut. Yeah, I know M.E.L. was in the early Legion--but he wasn't featured that much--it was later during the Giffen runs that he got more development and proved an interesting character.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    What's a good estimate of how many members of the Legion there have been in all the different incarnations? I'm having a hard time calculating it. Let's say there's just 50--if you can only pick 10, that means you're leaving out a lot more. That's why I didn't pick Matter Eater Lad or Comet Queen--even though I like them--just because there are so many members I like and only ten slots. I pretty much went through it in my mind chronologically, so earlier members all wound up on my list and the later ones couldn't make the cut. Yeah, I know M.E.L. was in the early Legion--but he wasn't featured that much--it was later during the Giffen runs that he got more development and proved an interesting character.
    Gosh, so many. Got to be more than fifty. Then again, there are just oodles and oodles of League members or Titans members if you make a list of everyone who's ever been on those teams (or just save much time and heartache and go to Wiki and read the lists there).

Retired

Gosh, so many. Got to be more than fifty. Then again, there are just oodles and oodles of League members or Titans members if you make a list of everyone who's ever been on those teams (or just save much time and heartache and go to Wiki and read the lists there).
    The difference is the Legion would have an active membership of 20 to 25 members at one time, while the League and Titans only had so many active members in a given period (roughly between 7 and 16).

I tried to find a count of how many members total, by looking at Wikipedia and other data pages, but I couldn't find an exact number (one page did say 49, but not for certain). I found lists sure, but I wasn't going to go down those lists trying to count how many (and it's not that easy, because some characters have different iterations). I was hoping if I threw out the question here, someone would have a ready answer.

Ultimate Member

I tried to find a count of how many members total, by looking at Wikipedia and other data pages, but I couldn't find an exact number (one page did say 49, but not for certain). I found lists sure, but I wasn't going to go down those lists trying to count how many (and it's not that easy, because some characters have different iterations). I was hoping if I threw out the question here, someone would have a ready answer.
    I am OCD, and I have no idea if I'm using my powers for evil right now...

*not* including expelled / honorary / reserve Legionnaires like Nemesis Kid, Elastic Lad, etc.

Classic - 37 (Lightning Lad, Saturn Girl, Cosmic Boy, Phantom Girl, Triplicate Girl/Duo Damsel/Duplicate Girl, Superboy, Chameleon Boy, Colossal Boy, Invisible Kid, Star Boy, Brainiac 5, Supergirl, Sun Boy, Shrinking Violet, Bouncing Boy, Ultra Boy, Mon-El, Matter-Eater Lad, Lightning Lass, Element Lad, Ferro Lad, Dream Girl, Karate Kid, Princess Projectra/Sensor Girl, Shadow Lass, Chemical King, Timber Wolf, Wildfire, Tyroc, Dawnstar, Blok, Invisible Kid 2, White Witch, Magnetic Kid, Tellus, Quislet, Polar Boy)

5YG - +24 (Storm Boy, Stone Boy, Chlorophyll Kid, Fire Lad, Calamity King, Color Kid, Infectious Lass, Porcupine Pete, Nightwind, Crystal Kid, Lamprey, Reflecto, Karate Kid 2, Visi-Lad, Impulse, Echo, Kono, Neon, Reflex, Veilmist, Firefist, Bloodclaw, Flederweb, Wave/Spider-Girl)

SW6 - +4 (Computo, Dragonmage, Catspaw, Kid Quantum 1)

Reboot - +11 (XS, Laurel Gand/Andromeda, Kinetix, Gates, Magno, Inferno, Monstress, Kid Quantum 2, Thunder, Shikari, GEAR)

Threeboot - +1 (just Gazelle, officially)

Post Infinite Crisis - +10 (Night Girl, Chameleon Girl, Karate Kid 2, Rond Vidar/Green Lantern, Earth-Man, Comet Queen, Chemical Kid, Glorith 2, Dragonwing, Harmonia Li)

Bendis - +3? (Gold Lantern, Dr. Fate, Monster Boy, not sure about others like 'Radius Lad' so not counting them)

Conner and Jon Kent are very different people than young Clark Superboy (and not just 'another dimensions version of Lightning Lad'), so that's two more not generally listed on the Wiki.

So if I could resurrect all the dead ones and mix up between the four plus universes they are scattered betwixt and between and toss them at a single foe, there'd be like 92 non-duplicate Legionnaires!
    Last edited by Sutekh; 09-03-2021 at 01:49 AM.

Retired

So if I could resurrect all the dead ones and mix up between the four plus universes they are scattered betwixt and between and toss them at a single foe, there'd be like 92 non-duplicate Legionnaires!
    Thanks for doing the homework! I could have never done it.

you can have a visual of all the members here

https://dc-microheroes.fandom.com/wi...f_Super-Heroes

not counting supergirl twice even if technically they are different characters ( well dont start me with Andromeda/Laurel Gand

Quote Originally Posted by joebleau View Post
    you can have a visual of all the members here

https://dc-microheroes.fandom.com/wi...f_Super-Heroes

not counting supergirl twice even if technically they are different characters ( well dont start me with Andromeda/Laurel Gand
    That is an impressive list, including the alternate Legions (to the offical ones).
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Incredible Member

The Legion prosecution argued that Star Boy didn't have to kill the guy, there was another option, so it was an intentional killing from their perspective (not mine).
    Yeah, I know Brainiac proved there was an alternative to shooting him.

Even if a killing is justifiable, I think it still counts as murder.
    No offence but legally it I'm pretty sure it doesn't. Sure you'll still face serious consequences but I'm fairly sure there is a distinction made between murder and justifiable homicide.

Say if I get attacked by some lunatic that's built like an ox and is trying to kill me. I'm a scrawny wuss, I have no chance of overpowering him. I would be forced to use something like a baseball bat. If I knocked him out with the bat and he later died due to some kind of complication, then as long as I could prove I didn't use excessive force (i.e. bashing him over and over again while he was down), I would not face a murder charge specifically. I'm no legal expert so I could be completely wrong but that's what I believe.

Also, I wanted to get people to read the story so I intentionally overstated that "Star Boy is kicked out of the Legion for murdering one of Nura's old boyfriends" to pique their interest. A bit of prevarication for a worthy cause.
    Sorry but I can't agree with that. It seems pretty dishonest to me.

Just my opinion obviously.
    Last edited by hareluyafan1; 09-03-2021 at 06:09 PM.

Retired

*gulp* The judge has found me guilty! *sigh* Maybe if I throw myself on the mercy of the court, I'll get two years house arrest . . . and with time served, I'll be free in six months!

Ultimate Member

*gulp* The judge has found me guilty! *sigh* Maybe if I throw myself on the mercy of the court, I'll get two years house arrest . . . and with time served, I'll be free in six months!
    Pssh, you'll just get remanded to some super-person's custody and invited to their team. That's how it works these days, right? Every team has it's designated ex-villain, and it seems like every (popular) villain's going to get some time on a hero team. Deathstroke, Luthor, Starro, Citizen Cold, Killer Frost, Sinestro, Harley Quinn, you could probably field an entire 7-person line up with ex-villains who've been on the Justice League for a hot second!

And with the Legion, it's a line up of villains-who-where-Legionnaires-for-a-hot-second that includes such lights as Lightning Lord, Saturn Queen, Cosmic King, Command Lad, Spider-Girl and Nemesis Kid!

Pssh, you'll just get remanded to some super-person's custody and invited to their team. That's how it works these days, right? Every team has it's designated ex-villain, and it seems like every (popular) villain's going to get some time on a hero team. Deathstroke, Luthor, Starro, Citizen Cold, Killer Frost, Sinestro, Harley Quinn, you could probably field an entire 7-person line up with ex-villains who've been on the Justice League for a hot second!

And with the Legion, it's a line up of villains-who-where-Legionnaires-for-a-hot-second that includes such lights as Lightning Lord, Saturn Queen, Cosmic King, Command Lad, Spider-Girl and Nemesis Kid!
    Don't forget Earth-Man. Even if you want.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin