Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Teen Titans Academy #6 Preview

Teen Titans Academy #6 Preview
    Writer: Tim Sheridan
    Artist: Rafa Sandoval

...Is this a Beach Episode?

Is this coming out tomorrow? Wasn’t it supposed to be out last week?

Extraordinary Member

Was delayed - issues 7 and 8 will also be delayed due to supply chain issues among other books.

I thought it was decent but I was more interested in learning the Batpack's answer to Red X IV's request.

Sheridan talked about the order of stories getting switched around. This was originally supposed to be issue 2/3 and I might've preffered it that way. The Suicide Squad crossover would've worked better if I had more investment with Alinta and her friends. So pushing that back makes more sense to me.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 08-31-2021 at 02:01 PM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    ...Is this a Beach Episode?
    The teachers are having their usual Pool Episode and shoo the kids out?

LMAO they sound like Tumblr or Twitter getting confused on which things is offensive. Good job. Accurate.

Tress is my favourite new titan. Throughout the issue she was gold!

I liked the issue, t's a proof that all the Red X plot dragged down the series. It wasn't mentioned in the entire issue and the issue was great without it.

Got to say normally I’m not okay with random family members and progeny in media but I’m okay when it comes to Gorilla Grodd. He’s been around for a while and honestly I can see his other family really disliking him...but I do like the cape on Gregg.

Also what do we call a teenage manbat romancing a genderqueer quilted American? I mean obviously you call it romance and I normally don’t question this kind of thing, Cyborg has taught me better, but I have so many questions with just this kind of relationship involving a literal living rag doll.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

This is the first issue I've fully enjoyed. I like the new dynamic between Chupacabra and Stitch as well as how stupid Tress is (especially since heroes are normally presented as intelligent and strategic). I hope they keep her as the dumb one with a heart of gold. Not everyone needs to be the brain. However, they really need to streamline this cast. There are too many characters that come and go and then you've to wait for their next appearance to continue their storylines.

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    This is the first issue I've fully enjoyed. I like the new dynamic between Chupacabra and Stitch as well as how stupid Tress is (especially since heroes are normally presented as intelligent and strategic). I hope they keep her as the dumb one with a heart of gold. Not everyone needs to be the brain. However, they really need to streamline this cast. There are too many characters that come and go and then you've to wait for their next appearance to continue their storylines.
    I like all of the characters. Two books would flesh them all out. We have hardly seen the upperclassmen.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Got to say normally I’m not okay with random family members and progeny in media but I’m okay when it comes to Gorilla Grodd. He’s been around for a while and honestly I can see his other family really disliking him...but I do like the cape on Gregg.

Also what do we call a teenage manbat romancing a genderqueer quilted American? I mean obviously you call it romance and I normally don’t question this kind of thing, Cyborg has taught me better, but I have so many questions with just this kind of relationship involving a literal living rag doll.
    Cyborg at least started as fully human and still retains his humanity. Quilt is literally an inanimate object brought to life (but not as naive as Tress). It brings up all sorts of inappropriate comments that normally would get a chuckle, but here, it makes it awkward.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Cyborg at least started as fully human and still retains his humanity. Quilt is literally an inanimate object brought to life (but not as naive as Tress). It brings up all sorts of inappropriate comments that normally would get a chuckle, but here, it makes it awkward.
    I mean I’m fine with it, it’s just two teenage type characters teasing a bit of romance. It’s just that one was an inanimate object now living and that tends to raise some questions. I’ll wait and see how it works.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Stitch is worth the price just by themself. Best new character in forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    I like all of the characters. Two books would flesh them all out. We have hardly seen the upperclassmen.
    Yeah, the upperclassmen, the field roster Teen Titans, really should have their own book. I want to know what they did after Crush left the team. How is Emiko feeling right now?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman