Default FALLOUT: Lois Lane Young Adult Novel by Gwenda Bond

Out in January...

Lois Lane is starting a new life in Metropolis. An Army brat, Lois has lived all over--and seen all kinds of things. (Some of them defy explanation, like the near-disaster she witnessed in Kansas in the middle of one night.) But now her family is putting down roots in the big city, and Lois is determined to fit in. Stay quiet. Fly straight. As soon as she steps into her new high school, though, she can see it won't be that easy. A group known as the Warheads is making life miserable for another girl at school. They're messing with her mind, somehow, via the high-tech immersive videogame they all play. Not cool. Armed with her wit and her new snazzy job as a reporter, Lois has her sights set on solving this mystery. But sometimes it's all a bit much. Thank goodness for her maybe-more-than-a friend, a guy she knows only by his screenname, SmallvilleGuy...

More details here.

ETA: Just a heads up that the release date may be subject to change and may be later in 2015.
    Last edited by misslane; 08-25-2014 at 06:42 PM.

Incredible Member

WooHoo!!!!!!!!!! Very excited for this.

Quote Originally Posted by misslane View Post
    Out in January...

Lois Lane is starting a new life in Metropolis. An Army brat, Lois has lived all over--and seen all kinds of things. (Some of them defy explanation, like the near-disaster she witnessed in Kansas in the middle of one night.) But now her family is putting down roots in the big city, and Lois is determined to fit in. Stay quiet. Fly straight. As soon as she steps into her new high school, though, she can see it won't be that easy. A group known as the Warheads is making life miserable for another girl at school. They're messing with her mind, somehow, via the high-tech immersive videogame they all play. Not cool. Armed with her wit and her new snazzy job as a reporter, Lois has her sights set on solving this mystery. But sometimes it's all a bit much. Thank goodness for her maybe-more-than-a friend, a guy she knows only by his screenname, SmallvilleGuy...

More details here.
    Thanks misslane! Sounds good! And looks like we'll have a bit of Clark&Lois romance...maybe? ^_^

"My heart is tied to the fate of yours. The only test of strength that will ever truly challenge me, is to be vulnerable next to you. To trust...you." - For Lois (Shane Koyczan)

436 posts and counting... TheFearlessDefender89's Avatar

This is amazing news!!! This is a must buy for my Lois collection. 300 pages is a great amount to sink my teeth into! yay!
    Pull List: Harley Quinn, Superman Unchained, She-Hulk, Ms.Marvel, The Fearless Defenders (R.I.P.)
    *~ValkyrieXAnnabelle~*

Thanks to everyone for the great news. Looks like it may be a Happy New Year for Lois fans!

BANNED

Very excited!!! I hope this is the beginning of a line of YA novels from DC.

BANNED

This is very good news. For sure I can count more on YA books than on DC to read a Lois book, and of course have a different twist on clois.
    Now DC could help to welcome more new fans from movies and the books

More fun info and teases from the author here! A snippet:

I am completely overwhelmed -- in the best possible way -- by the reaction to the news. Because Lois deserves that reaction!

Lois is an icon, of course, a superhero without any superpowers . . . except her unmatched bravery and smarts. Not to mention her sense of humor and her commitment to truth and justice. She's also one of my all-time favorite characters -- which is why I jumped at the chance to write a novel featuring a teen Lois, moving to Metropolis and becoming a reporter for the first time. As I said yesterday, it's been an incredible honor to do this project and work with the fantastic teams at Capstone/Switch Press and DC. And, most of all, to get to put Lois front and center in the starring role, obviously. (Also fun to write lots of banter with her maybe-more-than-a-friend from Kansas, screen name SmallvilleGuy.)

This actually sounds like a very fun project. It'll be interesting to see how the reviews square it. =)

Btw - Supermom8, where's your Avatar from??

EDIT: I found it, it's cool. Ryan Sook, huh?

http://www.craiglotter.co.za/wp-cont...-ryan-sook.jpg
    Last edited by L.R Johansson; 08-26-2014 at 12:51 PM.

I'm looking forward to this!

Spectacular Member

This sounds like it could be a lot of fun. Lois is awesome and deserves her chance to shine independently of Clark. I always tend to picture Erica Durance when reading Lois, though I have to say Amy Adams rocked the role.

This could be interesting. Not a Lois Lane fan at all but I did dig Amy Adam's role.

Colored me intrigued. I typically won't pick up a YA novel, but I may make an exception here.

Does anyone know if FALLOUT is intended to be a complete standalone novel, or if this may be the start of an entire line of LOIS LANE Young Adult novels?

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I really hope this does well. I have long long long wanted to see DC give her an ongoing solo series again and perhaps this could spur that on a little. I am quite looking forward to this book.