Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    Her lasso has always been said to be unbreakable. If the writers are using the excuse that it is different colored to say that it can be broken or cut, really weak sauce there.
    But she got it from the Valkyrie’s, it’s not her lasso.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Her lasso has always been said to be unbreakable. If the writers are using the excuse that it is different colored to say that it can be broken or cut, really weak sauce there.
    It is not her lasso. Periodt.

Incredible Member

It's not her lasso. She was given this thing in Asgard and it's clearly nefarious and it was cut by a weapon that tears fabrics in time and space lol. If it was her regular lasso, that'd be one thing...

I almost thought Sigfried would be left in the prehistoric dimension, phew.

It was a fun Issue but I'm looking much more forward to Diana's return than to the Janus conclusion. She is just so uncompelling. The most interesting thing to me is that she is only one-half of a whole.

It's good to have Moore back for a few Issues. No one draws Sigfried and Ratatosk like him, and I really enjoyed all of Diana's outfit changes.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

It's not just a different color, it's straight up not the Lasso of Truth. It's from the Valkyries.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    No that's not the one, this is the one

Attachment 113002
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post

I don't think I've ever read a Wonder Woman comic that was this self aware about what it was delivering. This is awesome. Love this run.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

I was wondering who is the purple guy who appears in the gem world part of the cover? And why it does not appear in the story.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

This was a great issue with A LOT happening. The Snyder references were golden. I couldnt stop staring at Siegfried in that jungle...those nipples were definitely on display in every panel lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    I was wondering who is the purple guy who appears in the gem world part of the cover? And why it does not appear in the story.
    I think it's Opal's lair?

~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    No that's not the one, this is the one

Attachment 113002
    Steve who?

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    This was a great issue with A LOT happening. The Snyder references were golden. I couldnt stop staring at Siegfried in that jungle...those nipples were definitely on display in every panel lol.
    Those nipples are the God I'm going to pray to

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    I think it's Opal's lair?
    It could be! I'm not familiar with the Gemworld, thank you!
    Last edited by Sebastianne; 08-24-2021 at 03:50 PM.

Cloonrad continue to top themselves. I can think of little to point out that hasn’t been mentioned in this thread already.

Lemme see…Siggy being such a thirst trap is worth mentioning again. And I loved his line about Xa-Du being “a mere footnote in the song of men Diana has punched in the face.”

Really enjoyed seeing Diana attempt to appeal to Janus’ better nature. And hearing how inspirational Diana is from Siggy’s point of view was good stuff.

ETA: Having Diana say she couldn’t care less about being a god is almost enough to make me stomach the demi-goddess business.
    Last edited by Largo161; 08-24-2021 at 11:09 PM.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Travis Moore must be gay. He just has to be.
    No, don't get me wrong; I have no problem with him being gay, if he is (I am queer myself), but there is no way a cishetero dude is going to draw male nipples with such loving detail and in such a conspicuous manner.
    Thirst trap indeed.
    And yes, in much the same way that cishetero artists always draw superheroines as impossibly hot models with big boobs, diamond hard nips, and Angelina Jolie lips.

Ok, as for the issue: those references and winks at Batman V Superman made me cringe a little.
    This is my opinion, obviously, but I'd think that, if a Wonder Woman comic was going to reference movie Diana, they'd choose a scene from a well-received, beloved movie (like the first Wonder Woman film); why would they choose one of the worst reviewed, least liked DCEU films in which Diana appeared?
    Last edited by HestiasHearth; 08-25-2021 at 03:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    Travis Moore must be gay. He just has to be.
    No, don't get me wrong; I have no problem with him being gay, if he is (I am queer myself), but there is no way a cishetero dude is going to draw male nipples with such loving detail and in such a conspicuous manner.
    Thirst trap indeed.
    And yes, in much the same way that cishetero artists always draw superheroines as impossibly hot models with big boobs, diamond hard nips, and Angelina Jolie lips.
    He is gay/queer, when he had his twitter he was very devoted to the cause. In his IG you can also see his pride. It also makes me think that he closed his twitter and does not post any more on IG, I hope he is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    Ok, as for the issue: those references and winks at Batman V Superman made me cringe a little.
    This is my opinion, obviously, but I'd think that, if a Wonder Woman comic was going to reference movie Diana, they'd choose a scene from a well-received, beloved movie (like the first Wonder Woman film); why would they choose one of the worst reviewed, least liked DCEU films in which Diana appeared?
    Because first appereance, is a match to match. Also he quote Batman Forever so...

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    He is gay/queer, when he had his twitter he was very devoted to the cause. In his IG you can also see his pride. It also makes me think that he closed his twitter and does not post any more on IG, I hope he is fine.
    I hope he did not close it because of haters being homophobic jerks. Twitter can be a terrible place, and we all know that comic book fandom can be a very homophobic entity.