Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Headcanon

Default Headcanon

According to Merriam-Webster:

Headcanon generally refers to ideas held by fans of series that are not explicitly supported by sanctioned text or other media. Fans maintain the ideas in their heads, outside of the accepted canon.
    What are some of your ideas and opinions regarding the X-franchise that you would consider part of your headcanon?

I'll start: As far as I am concerned - and I think this should actually be incorporated (Hickman came close) - mutants do not age at the same rate as ordinary human beings.

Mutants are slightly superior in speed, strength and endurance.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

All mutants are some form of Queer.

Jean Is more powerful than Xavier----oh wait----that is not just headcanon but a fact!

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

The Maximoffs are Magneto's children.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    According to Merriam-Webster:

Headcanon generally refers to ideas held by fans of series that are not explicitly supported by sanctioned text or other media. Fans maintain the ideas in their heads, outside of the accepted canon.
    What are some of your ideas and opinions regarding the X-franchise that you would consider part of your headcanon?
    I disagree with this definition: I mostly read the X-men stories with one author, he defined for me who are the X-men. That’s canon for me, so, my headcanon. Adding anything that isn’t consistent with this corpus and the canon doesn’t exist anymore. Headcanon is what you consider canon. In my head, it is defined by limits.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Extraordinary Member

I suppose I used to have headcanon in which version of the Phoenix Force I thought made sense the most, and I was on board with the theory that when Cyclops came back after merging with Apocalypse a lot of his darker personality or 'villain' tendencies was due to being corrupted somehow by Apocalypse or whatever happened with the Void.

Nothing these days has enough consistency to care enough about to worry about what the canon was a year ago, never mind my own headcanon, so I guess my new headcanon is that everything after Time Runs Out is some ongoing series of reality warps and continuity has ceased to exist.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I suppose I used to have headcanon in which version of the Phoenix Force I thought made sense the most, and I was on board with the theory that when Cyclops came back after merging with Apocalypse a lot of his darker personality or 'villain' tendencies was due to being corrupted somehow by Apocalypse or whatever happened with the Void.

Nothing these days has enough consistency to care enough about to worry about what the canon was a year ago, never mind my own headcanon, so I guess my new headcanon is that everything after Time Runs Out is some ongoing series of reality warps and continuity has ceased to exist.

The Phoenix definitely requires headcanon to make any sense. The ultimate expression of Jean Grey's powers? A pre-existing cosmic entity that prefers to possess her? One and the same as her? Thor's mom? Some other thing? You decide! Marvel won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    I disagree with this definition: I mostly read the X-men stories with one author, he defined for me who are the X-men. That’s canon for me, so, my headcanon. Adding anything that isn’t consistent with this corpus and the canon doesn’t exist anymore. Headcanon is what you consider canon. In my head, it is defined by limits.
    Yours is an interesting definition of the term.

Countries with more homogeneous populations with less DNA variations are less likely to produce Mutants

Storm and Yukio were in a relationship.

There are lots of behind-the-scenes friendships and get-togethers that we never see. A few are Jean and Lorna, Jean with Rachel and Jean and Ororo.

Spectacular Member

For the X-Men Movies, Peter Maximoff's mother is Natalya Maximoff. Not a huge headcanon, but we never get a first name for her.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    The Maximoffs are Magneto's children.
    That's supercanon, a form of canon that's more accurate than material published by the company.

Anyway, one headcanon I have is that Lorna acted so OOC in X-Factor #4 because the electromagnetic patterns Saturnyne put in her head drastically altered her thinking.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)