All-New Member

Default Jessica Drew & Carol Danvers

Hello

I have just finished the civil war event on the marvel unlimited platform. And there is one thing that got my attention that I still don't can't get rid off. Deep in the event there seems to be a friction between Jessica and Carol, but they never told you what it was or how it occured. They used to be best friends.

Can anyone point me in the right direction so I can read about their storyline ? From friends to enemy's, how they first met and became colleagues and so on. Any tip is appreciated.

Regards, sharun

If it's the Original Civil War, Jess and Carol were on separate sides during the event (Carol pro-registration, Jess anti registration) although they eventually patch up sometime after. Also,Jess wasn't exactly herself (here's me trying not to spoil an event that happens later) So that's the friction there.

Carol and Jess are my favorite duo in comics. I will talk about them all day.
    If you're talking about Civil War 2 , you can read exactly why there's friction between them in Spider-Woman vol. 6 issues 9-11. CW2 hit VERY close to home for Jessica. She and Carol and a huge falling out (that has since been patched up)
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Extraordinary Member

edit...helps if I read the thread...was just mentioning the issue in CW2.

I do hate that they patched up the friendship...I hate when they have these very emotional falling aparts in friends then a little while later all is forgiven...some things should stay broken and haunt the characters.
    Last edited by Chris0013; 08-24-2021 at 06:07 PM.

All-New Member

yeah i started with the Original Civil War, it seemed like a great event to start with. haha thanks for not spoiling. I've looked up more comics about jessica and added those to my library and will definitly read those too!!

i can onely agree, Carol and Jessica are two fav characters in the MCU. I love that sisterly bond that they seem to have, thanks for the tip! i will start read those topics right ahead!!

All-New Member

yeah i did like the conflict that made them choose diffrent sides and that there seemed to be something else that shattered them, as i said i wish that there where som deep explanations to why they became so unfriendly to eachother. i'm excited to read about it in the numbers i have in my library..

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    edit...helps if I read the thread...was just mentioning the issue in CW2.

I do hate that they patched up the friendship...I hate when they have these very emotional falling aparts in friends then a little while later all is forgiven...some things should stay broken and haunt the characters.
    Fr, they should patch up but atleast have some consequences.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Fr, they should patch up but atleast have some consequences.
    I don't think they should have patched up at all. Imagine if your best friends actions lead to the death of another friend...do you forgive them or is that bridge burned forever?

I'm glad they patched bc I love them together. that said, I feel like the patching up should have been done during the Spider-Woman run but stohl took hallums thunder and patched em up immediately.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I don't think they should have patched up at all. Imagine if your best friends actions lead to the death of another friend...do you forgive them or is that bridge burned forever?
    if things worked as they did, very few friendships would remain after any event.
    Either way, it was hydra cap planting the serum research intended to make bruce turn (and he expected this to work since he didn't know it can be fallible). At the end of the day, bruce might've turned into a crazed hulk as a result of it if no one interrupted it, and the arrow he died by was something he himself gave because he was afraid of turning (despite being tricked into using that tainted research)
    CM barely had any control over it