Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    You are pissy. You're arguing things I never brought up, that I never implied. I didn't seek to prove anything. Using the book as an example as to why I felt that idea was a dodged bullet. Continue to make things up to make me look like the badguy here.
    As I said, I'm not putting words in your mouth or making things up...it's literally right in your quote:
    The Gotham High YA book showed how much of a dumpster fire that idea is.
    The book doesn't show that your opinion is correct at all, and that was the point you were trying to make and that's not some weird implication I read into it...it's literally the only conclusion one could come to after reading that post.

Again, nothing wrong with saying you dislike the heroes but in high school concept or that it was a case of dodging the bullet rather than a missed opportunity...but the book isn't evidence of that, your position is one that is only backed by your own subjective opinion...and pointing that out to you isn't being pissy, it's just me seeking some intellectual honesty.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    As I said, I'm not putting words in your mouth or making things up...it's literally right in your quote:

The book doesn't show that your opinion is correct at all, and that was the point you were trying to make and that's not some weird implication I read into it...it's literally the only conclusion one could come to after reading that post.

Again, nothing wrong with saying you dislike the heroes but in high school concept or that it was a case of dodging the bullet rather than a missed opportunity...but the book isn't evidence of that, your position is one that is only backed by your own subjective opinion...and pointing that out to you isn't being pissy, it's just me seeking some intellectual honesty.
    I didn't speak as if my opinion is an objective fact but that's how you chose to process that statement. Sure man, seeking intellectual honestly when you consistently want to tell me what I'm thinking and wanting to combat points that never came from me. Just saying people like the book ane the author is top in the YA market as if that's suppose to mean something to me. Things that are disconnected from why I think the idea is bad and why I used that book as an example. Did you enjoy the book and have a need to defend it?

Would be nice to have a Wonder Woman or Amethyst show.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Even though it was a daytime event, that F4 guest spot was PrimeTime material (IMHO):

Given the source material, I'm surprised Ghost Rider appeared in a show marketed to kids.

Even though it was a daytime event, that F4 guest spot was PrimeTime material (IMHO):

I love that scene. Arrive. Stare at Galactus. Leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Oof, I totally forgot about this. Put me down as also wishing that had gotten a season 2.
    On the subject of cartoons cancelled too soon, put my vote down for Spectacular Spider-Man.
    Dark does not mean deep.

IIRC, didn't Spectacular Spider-Man get cancelled because it was a sony produced show and it got cancelled when Sony sold the TV rights for Spidey back to Marvel?
    Last edited by Immortal Weapon; 08-28-2021 at 06:19 AM.

Definitely, my choice would be...

Watchmen

So surreal. I’ve always wanted to see this expanded on.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I didn't speak as if my opinion is an objective fact but that's how you chose to process that statement. Sure man, seeking intellectual honestly when you consistently want to tell me what I'm thinking and wanting to combat points that never came from me. Just saying people like the book ane the author is top in the YA market as if that's suppose to mean something to me. Things that are disconnected from why I think the idea is bad and why I used that book as an example. Did you enjoy the book and have a need to defend it?
    The book isn't in any way, shape or form an example that backs your opinion though, that's the whole point of contention. Your opinion is solely based on your own tastes and trying to say other wise its what is dishonest, I'm not reading anything into your thinking, it's all right there in your posts.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    The book isn't in any way, shape or form an example that backs your opinion though, that's the whole point of contention. Your opinion is solely based on your own tastes and trying to say other wise its what is dishonest, I'm not reading anything into your thinking, it's all right there in your posts.
    What am I being dishonest about exactly? I expressed my dislike for the idea and the book and nothing more. There's no conspiracy here.

A few off the top of my head:

- Captain America could've had an animated show on Fox in the vein of X-Men the Animated Series

-The Lizard in the Spider-Man Secret Wars was supposed to be the Hulk

-Spider-Man Unlimited could've been a Spider-Man 2099 cartoon

-Static never got to meet the Teen Titans, even though it was teased

-We never saw Plasticman on JLU even though he was mentioned

-The Fantastic Four and the X-Men are mentioned a handful of times on the Disney Marvel cartoons, but only Thing and Wolverine have shown up.

-Before DC Super Hero Girls had Wonder Woman, the character was Wonder Girl in Super Best Friends Forever, so it makes me wonder how the show would've proceeded if they kept Wonder Girl

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Spider-Man & His Amazing Friends was dramatically under-ordered by NBC during its run on the network, spending the last couple of years there purely in reruns. Unfortunately, we'll never know if more could have happened with more generous network liaisons back then. It could have been incredible to eventually see a syndicated package of 65 episodes of that show.
    Daredevil needed to make an appearance since they teased it when Matt Murdock showed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    We never got to see the original Captain Marvel interact on Super Friends, presumably because the Shazam! characters were licensed to Filmation for the 70s live action show (and eventually, the short lived Kids Super Power Hour shorts in 1981.)
    Also Green Arrow only made a single appearance in the first season and never showed up again.

The world was denied Stlit man as a cartoon villain.
    Stilt Man showed up in an episode of the 90's Iron Man series.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I think I can see why - for example, back when Marvel was still independent and made that deal with whichever anime studio it was that gave us those anime series and two anime movies, Sony still had the animation rights to Spider-Man so Spidey wasn't able to take advantage of that and get a series or movie when those were being made. And then once Sony lost the animation rights (they still have the rights for animated theatrical films, hence Spider-Verse) Marvel had already been bought by Disney, and Disney isn't known for their anime connections or anything anime really, so the fact we've got Marvel Disk Wars: The Avengers and Marvel Future Avengers (which I haven't seen yet, they available in subs/dubs anywhere?) is kind of more a lucky anomaly than anything else. So Spidey kind of missed the chance when Marvel could more easily make deals with studios outside of whatever studios Disney has/does deals with.
    Marvel Future Avengers is on Disney+

Oh yeah! Ghost Rider would have made an excellent Saturday morning cartoon!

Kids would be crying, the superheroes on the screen were crying... even I was like "Damn."

Stilt-Man appearing in the Armor Wars 2-parter was my introduction to him, and it changed my life for the better. Him and Stingray.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    A few off the top of my head:

- Captain America could've had an animated show on Fox in the vein of X-Men the Animated Series

-The Lizard in the Spider-Man Secret Wars was supposed to be the Hulk

-Spider-Man Unlimited could've been a Spider-Man 2099 cartoon

-Static never got to meet the Teen Titans, even though it was teased

-We never saw Plasticman on JLU even though he was mentioned

-The Fantastic Four and the X-Men are mentioned a handful of times on the Disney Marvel cartoons, but only Thing and Wolverine have shown up.

-Before DC Super Hero Girls had Wonder Woman, the character was Wonder Girl in Super Best Friends Forever, so it makes me wonder how the show would've proceeded if they kept Wonder Girl

Daredevil needed to make an appearance since they teased it when Matt Murdock showed up.

Also Green Arrow only made a single appearance in the first season and never showed up again.

Stilt Man showed up in an episode of the 90's Iron Man series.

Marvel Future Avengers is on Disney+

Speaking of that one, Avengers: EMH even had Skrull-X's show up with Cyclops' visor and powers, but he never appeared himself.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Speaking of that one, Avengers: EMH even had Skrull-X's show up with Cyclops' visor and powers, but he never appeared himself.
    Avengers: EMH was allegedly in the same universe as Wolverine and the X-Men. The only evidence of that is Wasp's villain (I forgot his name) being handed over to the MRD.

Avengers: EMH was allegedly in the same universe as Wolverine and the X-Men. The only evidence of that is Wasp's villain (I forgot his name) being handed over to the MRD.
    Whirlwind? There were a few other ties. The Hulk vs. Wolverine DTV was acknowledged in Wolverine and the X-Men. I think that may've tied in with EMH. Steve Blum also played Logan in an Avengers EMH WWII flashback. We saw a picture of Scarlet Witch on EMH and she looked the same as in WatX

I don't know why they had to swap Josh Keaton with Drake Bell as Spider-Man in EMH. As far as I can tell...

Wolverine and the X-Men and Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes are the same universe (probably not Spectacular Spider-Man, though).

Ultimate Spider-Man, Avengers Assemble, and Hulk and the Agents of SMASH are the same universe.

Avengers Assemble Panther's Quest (which is in a separate universe from the first few seasons of Avengers Assemble), is also the universe of Marvel Spider-Man and Guardians of the Galaxy.