Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    So what about the panel of them in the bed? Is that something else?
    That's from Batgirl #25, just before Nightwing was shot in the head and became Ric.

But overall it's quite clear that Babs and Dick are going to be a couple again soon. They kissed in Nightwing 83, quite solidifying their relationship again.
    Taylor also heavily implied that they'll be together, and the next issue solicitations of Nightwing 86 also state that both of them would discover that their worse fears involve each other.
    Nightwing is also tied to the Batgirls series because of Babs, so the direction they are heading seems to be an official couple once again.

Maybe it's for the best. Jason Bard was just awful, and a stable relationship is so much better than Babs dating every single member of the extended bat family and Dick having new relationships that are destined to be tossed aside the following arc.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    So what about the panel of them in the bed? Is that something else?
    At that time Bat and Cat just canceled their marriage, and their planned honeymoon suite was unused, so Dick and Babs took it, and use it as an opportunity to talk about their relationship in comparison. They concluded to just spend the night there, not doing anything except talking because they don't feel like beginning a relationship or do anything rash after seeing the mess with Bruce and Selina.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    At that time Bat and Cat just canceled their marriage, and their planned honeymoon suite was unused, so Dick and Babs took it, and use it as an opportunity to talk about their relationship in comparison. They concluded to just spend the night there, not doing anything except talking because they don't feel like beginning a relationship or do anything rash after seeing the mess with Bruce and Selina.
    I just went back and reread my issue, because I had a different recollection - it is important that this issue takes place after Batgirl Vol 3, which is the Batgirl/Nightwing arc of this run, where Babs had asked Dick to spend the night, but he just slept on the floor, stating it was too soon after his breakup with Dawn.

Batgirl #25 references that explicitly, now that Dick is on the bed. She had called him after a particular bad night. They both talk about marriage, and while Dick has a concrete view of what his wedding would be, Babs doesn't care about the wedding ceremony, but cares about what comes afterwards. He asks her if she is sees herself marrying anyone in particular, and she responds that she's seeing him right then (it is Dick, evidently). The issue ends with Babs acknowledging that Dick is busy spending his time helping Bruce get over his ruined wedding, so they'll take it one step at a time. We get Babs's internal monologue about who her ideal person is (someone who is always there when she calls), and how Dick is that person. They fall asleep embraced - whether they did anything is left to your interpretation.

Then he gets shot in the head in an event, and this whole thing is put on hold.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
    I just went back and reread my issue, because I had a different recollection - it is important that this issue takes place after Batgirl Vol 3, which is the Batgirl/Nightwing arc of this run, where Babs had asked Dick to spend the night, but he just slept on the floor, stating it was too soon after his breakup with Dawn.

Batgirl #25 references that explicitly, now that Dick is on the bed. She had called him after a particular bad night. They both talk about marriage, and while Dick has a concrete view of what his wedding would be, Babs doesn't care about the wedding ceremony, but cares about what comes afterwards. He asks her if she is sees herself marrying anyone in particular, and she responds that she's seeing him right then (it is Dick, evidently). The issue ends with Babs acknowledging that Dick is busy spending his time helping Bruce get over his ruined wedding, so they'll take it one step at a time. We get Babs's internal monologue about who her ideal person is (someone who is always there when she calls), and how Dick is that person. They fall asleep embraced - whether they did anything is left to your interpretation.

Then he gets shot in the head in an event, and this whole thing is put on hold.
    They keep getting put on hold. If we can get a nice full year without large scale crossover Mabey this relationship can finally play out.

Not Batman. That Killing Joke movie didn’t happen and I don’t want to hear anybody say that it did. I’m not listening.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    They keep getting put on hold. If we can get a nice full year without large scale crossover Mabey this relationship can finally play out.
    I think Taylor mentioned that this tie-in should bring them closer together (maybe in Nightwing #85).

It does look like DC is pushing DickBabs again as the main coup