Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Did Barabara dump Luke or did Luke dump Barbara? And why?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Pairing her with Jason and Tim feels like a poor attempt to emphasize her youth. Like she's perpetually a teenager or a college age student still trying to navigate through her love life instead of a grown adult woman with life experience.

Babs should be more like a big sister figure to Jason and Tim.
    In the game she is wearing a Haley circus charm necklace
    The team must have been confused, but she and dick don’t even have one conversation

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    The team must have been confused, but she and dick don’t even have one conversation
    I don't think they're confused since the Arkham games started as a BTAS nostalgia trip and changed over time (actually, they seem to change between City to Knight) to be influenced by some New 52 elements such as making Jim Gordon's hair red and Babs younger (she sounds like she's supposed to be, an adult, in Asylum and City, but in Knight she sounds like a college girl).

Especially since she's wearing the necklace. That tells me they know, and they were planning to make DickBabs the pair early on, but something happened during the development that resulted in the change.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Is she? Oh this just reflects poorly on the development team.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Aren't she and Dick implied to have dated in the past in the Arkham verse but are now just friends?

It's like the development team was all "Batgirl and Robin are a romance, it's iconic!" but for some reason thought they could just do the same thing with Tim as if the characters have any history or chemistry. Dick not being the Robin in the Batgirl DLC was a weird choice.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I don't think they're confused since the Arkham games started as a BTAS nostalgia trip and changed over time (actually, they seem to change between City to Knight) to be influenced by some New 52 elements such as making Jim Gordon's hair red and Babs younger (she sounds like she's supposed to be, an adult, in Asylum and City, but in Knight she sounds like a college girl).

Especially since she's wearing the necklace. That tells me they know, and they were planning to make DickBabs the pair early on, but something happened during the development that resulted in the change.
    I personally feel like the necklace indicates the art team was more aware than the writing team. Now, maybe that just means that whenever someone first mixed up the two in the writing team, their insecurity made them push Tim as Babs’s squeeze to cover their embarrassment, but there really isn’t any real rebasing for the change - if anything, the aging up of Tim complicated things more for Jason, because of the insane turnover speed they used to try and make the timeline work.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    I personally feel like the necklace indicates the art team was more aware than the writing team. Now, maybe that just means that whenever someone first mixed up the two in the writing team, their insecurity made them push Tim as Babs’s squeeze to cover their embarrassment, but there really isn’t any real rebasing for the change - if anything, the aging up of Tim complicated things more for Jason, because of the insane turnover speed they used to try and make the timeline work.
    Heh, the 2018 Exiles comic book used a different character design for Blink on the cover art than inside the comic book. It's a massive Whiskey-Tango-Foxtrot..... The covers looked like the original character design, but the internal art was a reworked design new to that run.

If anything she will keep being passed around. Overall I feel like. Dc doesn't care about the characters of DickBabs rather a reason to keep him in Gotham. Babs generally only works in Gotham. They easily could retcon anythin to do with DickKori but they still use DickKori. If anything to show how Dick doesn't care for Kori. fwb, only lust. But that's not truth. They really only use this to evaluated Gotham and Babs. They also know people do like DickKori so at times if they break up DickKori will happen in some matter. I'm honestly suprised we never got a Nightwing/Batgirl comic series or DickKori series with how big these ships are. Not only that but Nightwing is still very popular. So I can't see why they woulnd't want more shipping comics

Dick and Babs haven't really been together since Nightwing 87 (2004).

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    If anything she will keep being passed around. Overall I feel like. Dc doesn't care about the characters of DickBabs rather a reason to keep him in Gotham. Babs generally only works in Gotham. They easily could retcon anythin to do with DickKori but they still use DickKori. If anything to show how Dick doesn't care for Kori. fwb, only lust. But that's not truth. They really only use this to evaluated Gotham and Babs. They also know people do like DickKori so at times if they break up DickKori will happen in some matter. I'm honestly suprised we never got a Nightwing/Batgirl comic series or DickKori series with how big these ships are. Not only that but Nightwing is still very popular. So I can't see why they woulnd't want more shipping comics
    They don’t do dick and kori, they go years without interaction. The culmination of death metal was their reunion since the Teen/Titans crossover. They had a brief fling from the valentines special that went into Titans academy. That’s not gonna happen again, becuase it will hurt Kori as character. In November we will get February solicits and Proably get a final answer on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    Not officially, it’s been complicated the last ten years since the reboot. This is the most stable both characters have been in a while.

I mean right now Babs and Dick are together but overall yea Kori will never be more than a fling. Which is sad. I mean Babs also shouldn't be a pass around girl. Have we ever seen Jason Bard recently?

Overall Dc could have ended this 30 years ago but haven't. They are willing to have a bit of a love triangle from time to time. I wouldn't mind if we got more elsewhere stories that had DickKori or DickBabs.I kind think both are great girls but Bateditors won't let DickBabs or DickKori due to being in the Batfam. However, DickKori or DickBabs will happen in other media. So there is that. I just kind of want Dick to be married to one of them already but that would age him up even more
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 09-20-2021 at 01:47 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I mean right now Babs and Dick are together but overall yea Kori will never be more than a fling. Which is sad. I mean Babs also shouldn't be a pass around girl. Have we ever seen Jason Bard recently?

Overall Dc would have already have Babs won if they just have them already together but because it's the Batfam they like making things overall complex. Not only that but Babs gets to be passed around. I mean I rather him be with Babs than Dc making a mockery out of DickKori by being only lust or doing both characters dirty. I mean they technically having been together but Dc still does that will they won't they. They could have ended that 30 years ago. I mean they still did that will they won't crap for decades even if they aren't official together. I mean I can't see why they wouldn't at least want more elsewhere stories since people will buy Nightwing stories and titan ones. Even if you don't make DickKori cannon you can always make other stories with them and the Titans. But has of right now I don't think Dick will marry Babs or Kori maybe they will just make another love interest.

Jason Bard should come back.
    Why, he has no staying power on his own in Gotham. Luke is more possible, but no one in the department has much interest in Luke or we wouldn't have Jace

this was pretty recent

I take it they are dating now. Since she did kiss him and the bed. I wonder what is next for them. Wonder how long this will last of her staying or will she official move in? I hope she official moves in. I always have it in my mind she movies to bludhaven not Dick moving back to Gotham
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 09-20-2021 at 03:59 PM.

In Taylor's Nightwing run Dick was sleeping on the couch while Babs was staying over. So they aren't officially together in his run yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    In Taylor's Nightwing run Dick was sleeping on the couch while Babs was staying over. So they aren't officially together in his run yet.
    So what about the panel of them in the bed? Is that something else?