Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
    Not really interested. Ted is fun when he's around Booster Gold, and I love their goofy friendship, but he doesn't really fit in the the batcorner of the DC-universe. Integrating would be very difficult to accomplish organically.
    Perhaps Ted wouldn't need to be integrated into the batcorner, Barbara could just as well distance herself from that side of the DC Universe it would probably do wonders to her to be honest.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post

Older than Dick but younger than Bruce.

He and Babs flirted a lot in Dixon's BoP and I think one of the JLI comics and Booster Gold's series touched on it.
    That's a wide margin. How's his age in relation to Dinah?

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Probably closer in age to her than Ollie is (at least per Post-Crisis).

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
    Bruce was flirtatiously with Wonder Woman and Zatanna (which they reciprocated/initiated) throughout Timm's shows, which were aimed at children. We couldn't really get more than that.
    John and Hawkgirl had a full blown relationship in that show. It also showed John relationship with Vixen. In the Hawkman episode Shiera had dialog that confirmed she slept with Carter Hall. They could have gone there if they wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    John and Hawkgirl had a full blown relationship in that show. It also showed John relationship with Vixen. In the Hawkman episode Shiera had dialog that confirmed she slept with Carter Hall. They could have gone there if they wanted.
    hmmm was Vixen in the Carter Hall episode?

That's because in one of the episodes (I think it was her introductory episode, maybe 'Heat of Steel') Bruce remarks 'Barbara you've grown!' which leads to the impression that he known her as a child.
    There are people in the same age that would regard each other the same way. Of course I'm not trying to argue Bruce and Barbara have the same age but him telling her she's grown doesn't necessarily mean he knew her as a child.

BANNED

People say Barabra's is bad but look at Supergirl. She was with a horse, demon spawn, and Lex Luthor.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Devil View Post
    People say Barabra's is bad but look at Supergirl. She was with a horse, demon spawn, and Lex Luthor.
    the key here though... is that those weren't actually the same character. Matrix was literally MADE by Luthor... then Linda was the person who slept with Buzz.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

you missed one, barbara gordon and ted kord
    the way they met is cute

I like her more with him than with any batfamily member. #nobats4bab
    Last edited by OopsIdiditagain; 08-28-2021 at 09:37 PM.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    you missed one, barbara gordon and ted kord
    the way they met is cute

I like her more with him than with any batfamily member. #nobats4bab
    Ted is a great guy .

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    I don't know even in the DCAU Barbara wasn't really treated as a sidekick and she didn't seem to look up to Bruce as a mentor either. They kinda treated their dynamic as a sort of partnership where she was doing her own thing and would occasionally work alongside Batman and Robin. Let's not forget that Dick himself didn't even know Barbara was Batgirl until much later which shows us that they weren't that connected.
    I don't know if it was ever established how old Barbara was or what level of education she was in. I've heard some people claim that Bruce was old enough to be her father and quite frankly I never got that impression in fact I could see DCAU Gordon with his white hair being old enough to be Bruce's father.
    Bruce definitely wasn't old enough to be her father, at most he was a decade older than her I agree. But of course it gets weird with the whole dynamic he has with Dick, who doubles as his little brother figure and somewhat of a son. Yeah Dick and Babs were over at that point, but it was still a too bizarre. Which Timm did for that reason, because it was wrong, but it didn't inform anything interesting about the characters and kind of relegates Babs as being the woman who contributed to breaking up the legendary Dynamic Duo.

There is the scene in "Cold Comfort" where Bruce runs her through an obstacle course and won't let her finish until she improves, which is more than he ever made her do in the comics. It's a sensei/student thing.

Timm never paired Bruce with Wonder Woman. The most they ever got were teases. Nothing came of it.

Paul Dini made Zatanna and Bruce a thing.
    "Nothing came of it," yet it's the only arc Timm could think to give to DC's #1 superheroine, to the point where even her voice actress doesn't really talk about anything else since then. They did it because pairing her with Superman was too predictable, but it never occurred to them to just not pair her with either. It's shameless Bat-wankery.

So is the Zatanna thing to a lesser extent, but Zatanna isn't as major of an icon as as WW, made much fewer appearances, and the appearances she made were still fun and got her characterization right, which is more than can be said for WW. It's Dini's thing, but he seems better at executing this stuff than Timm does.

That's because in one of the episodes (I think it was her introductory episode, maybe 'Heat of Steel') Bruce remarks 'Barbara you've grown!' which leads to the impression that he known her as a child.

She's in college when we meet her in B:TAS, same as Dick Grayson. They are implied to be close in age. By the time TNBA rolls out, she is an adult and working in the police station.
    And then the noted sleazy billionaire playboy does this while remarking that this young girl is all grown now and she has her teddy bear in her bag:

HeartofSteel.jpg

While her father is in the room.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Dinah was 19 when she joined the JL in JLA: Year One. I think Ted might be older than her by 4-5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    There are people in the same age that would regard each other the same way. Of course I'm not trying to argue Bruce and Barbara have the same age but him telling her she's grown doesn't necessarily mean he knew her as a child.
    I'm not trying to imply anything sleazy.

The reaction implies that he has seen her before when she was younger but we don't know how young.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post

And then the noted sleazy billionaire playboy does this while remarking that this young girl is all grown now and she has her teddy bear in her bag:

HeartofSteel.jpg

While her father is in the room.
    The scene itself isn't sleazy. Since Bruce was the older mentor figure in the show. It only became one after they tried to canonize the relationship in the later shows.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

The scene itself isn't sleazy. Since Bruce was the older mentor figure in the show. It only became one after they tried to canonize the relationship in the later shows.
    He wasn't even a mentor figure here, that's not really what I'm talking about. We as the audience know Bruce's playboy reputation is mostly an act and he is harmless, but IDK an adult man touching a young woman's face while remarking how grown up she is (while she is also still not far enough out of her teens to have a teddy bear in her bag) just creates a weird vibe that gets even weirder when we factor in later developments.

Like Bruce, keep your hands to yourself bud.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

"Nothing came of it," yet it's the only arc Timm could think to give to DC's #1 superheroine, to the point where even her voice actress doesn't really talk about anything else since then. They did it because pairing her with Superman was too predictable, but it never occurred to them to just not pair her with either. It's shameless Bat-wankery.

So is the Zatanna thing to a lesser extent, but Zatanna isn't as major of an icon as as WW, made much fewer appearances, and the appearances she made were still fun and got her characterization right, which is more than can be said for WW. It's Dini's thing, but he seems better at executing this stuff than Timm does.
    Wonder Woman had some decent arcs during her time on the show. The arc where the rogue Amazon removed the entire male population, Maid of Honor and her part in Savage Time were all great. By the end of the show's run she got to be an Ambassador. That's what I remember from her run on the show over a never was.

He wasn't even a mentor figure here, that's not really what I'm talking about. We as the audience know Bruce's playboy reputation is mostly an act and he is harmless, but IDK an adult man touching a young woman's face while remarking how grown up she is (while she is also still not far enough out of her teens to have a teddy bear in her bag) just creates a weird vibe that gets even weirder when we factor in later developments.

Like Bruce, keep your hands to yourself bud.
    It was a different time...I think he was trying to come off more as like an uncle here.
    Wonder Woman had some decent arcs during her time on the show. The arc where the rogue Amazon removed the entire male population, Maid of Honor and her part in Savage Time were all great. By the end of the show's run she got to be an Ambassador. That's what I remember from her run on the show over a never was.
    For one episode. Let's not bring up the Hawk and Dove episode...