Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I heard it's confirmed Nightwing? Was it never confirmed?
    She suspected but the never confirm, her natural hair is red and eyes are green we see
    No traits of his.

I’m wondering if the Harley Quinn show will lock in Nightwing and Batgirl, that’s all we need at this point. A strong animated to give viewers somthing new to chokehold onto

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    This reminds me of how Wonder Woman is paired at times with Batman or Superman.
    It kind of leaves a feeling that they're a prize to be given to the favorite character.
    Dick and Babs are a great couple but passing her around to Bruce - and Tim! - just gets alternately weird and gross.
    There is a lot of truth to this. Another is that a lot of the men—and they seem to be biased towards in DC's selection of writers—only can see women as an adjunct to men. The women only gain "meaning" in relation to a man: as love interest, as tease, as temptation, or something else. Characters like Catwoman or Lois Lane are relatively safe since they are tied to a primary character in the franchise, but an ostensibly independent woman like Barbara (or for that matter even Wonder Woman) is in danger of being passed around because the writer "need" to hook them up with whomever of the men happen to be in need of an additional status symbol or proof of their virility.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    That or they think of Koriand'r as Dick's love interest.
    Yes, KORI will always be Dick's one true love, to me!

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    This reminds me of how Wonder Woman is paired at times with Batman or Superman.
    It kind of leaves a feeling that they're a prize to be given to the favorite character.
    Yeah, I can't STAND that.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I heard it's confirmed Nightwing? Was it never confirmed?
    They left it intentionally open in-universe. Possibly because Mandy doesn't look like Dick or Kori?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Man so it is Penguin after all

I thought there were enough hints there to suggest Dick is the father but then it also wouldn't make a lot of sense why he'd be have an active role in her life but not claim her as his child. IDK. The whole book was weird. And not in a good way. Didn't hate it like I thought I would. But it's not something I'd ever read again.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I thought there were enough hints there to suggest Dick is the father but then it also wouldn't make a lot of sense why he'd be have an active role in her life but not claim her as his child. IDK. The whole book was weird. And not in a good way. Didn't hate it like I thought I would. But it's not something I'd ever read again.
    Yeah it's portrayed in-universe in such a way that only one character in the story MIGHT know and it's Koriand'r herself.

Also... why did Koriand'r name her daughter Mandy? There's another character in that book with a VERY similar name, and I'm pretty sure most long time fans would get it, but not anyone new to the Teen Titans.

Yeah... seemingly Koriand'r named Mandy after Kommand'r. But they never even try to explain why. They don't even refer to her as anything but Blackfire IIRC... hunh? Mandy meets her aunt in person... but no one uses her actual name.

also there's the weirdness of how Kommand'r's Tamaranean bodyguards mostly just stand around and watch while the fight happens. This is some sort of ritual combat and... they're just there as observers apparently? But, Raven and the Titans restrain them to be hauled off by the police when the fight is over...

Oh yeah, the ritual combat... it wasn't queen Kommand'r's idea! It's how she became Queen of Tamaran in the first place. Which adds yet another layer of WTF. In this universe the conflict between Starfire and Blackfire has a very different root than any other that I've seen.

oops... too much tangent...... must stop now....

Anyways, Mandy was apparently born shortly after Kommand'r took the throne and Koriand'r's left Tamaran. The father is Human, so it must have been some time after Koriand'r arrived on Earth. But that's where what we know ends. Oh also, this means that in Earth time Kommand'r has been queen of Tamaran for 18 years! Yeah.... how long has Koriand'r been part of the Titans?
    Last edited by marhawkman; 09-01-2021 at 03:21 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Yes, he was around, but in the same capacity as the rest of the Titans. I think the writer very deliberately didn't care who the father was. She was intrigued by this concept of a teenaged daughter to a female superhero, and not how it came to be.

They never reveal who it was. May have been a random person for all we know.

Won't reread it ever again either.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
    I agree, I don't think Dick is that kind of guy either. I also don't think Barbara is that kind of gal. I've always preferred Dick and Barbara to his relationship with Starfire, so I'm happy with the direction DC is going.

As for Kori, it's admittedly difficult to find anyone else, so I understand why her fans are attached to her relationship with Dick. It's weird to pick anyone else in the popular Titans lineup, but no one else has significant interactions with her. I liked the vibe between her, Jason and Roy all the way back in the beginning of the New 52. That was a wacky book, but I thought their dynamic was a lot of fun and the characters worked well together. I started buying it for the art and kept reading much longer than I anticipated. Would like to see that Outlaws lineup reunited.
    If anything they can always been back one of her dead Husbands. Dc is fine with Kori being a love interest when it's not in the comics or at least not in the main universe

With Babs they had over 30 years to have it be endgame but they also know they can milk the drama in the comics. They could have done a endgame a long time ago. Instead of treating Kori and Titans badly which still happens.

But I would love it if Dc just gave Babs and Kori a break from Dick. Why not Ted or Sam for Babs for a while and Kori maybe one of her husbands comes back. Wait before they had her dating Dick did she date anyone else?
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 09-02-2021 at 08:19 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    With Babs they had over 30 years to have it be endgame but they also know they can milk the drama in the comics. They could have done a endgame a long time ago. Instead of treating Kori and Titans badly which still happens.
    They have done it a couple of times (Convergence, Death Metal), but never in the main continuity. They can do it now. Who knows what Taylor has planned.

I think the lack of spotlight for Titans is honestly just due to sales and difficulty on editorial's part on how to market a book with those characters now that they are older.

Extraordinary Member

They left it intentionally open in-universe. Possibly because Mandy doesn't look like Dick or Kori?
    she goes out of her way to not look like star tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    she goes out of her way to not look like star tho.
    Not her clothes or hair dye, I mean in her height/build/pigmentation. Mandy is supposed to be 18. How does this picture make sense?

Yeah.... Mandy is about a foot shorter than ..... well.... every other person who's a Tamaranean.... and shorter than most Humans too. Also she's extra-thick.... in a bad way. In that pic it's a pretty direct comparison to Koriand'r and two of Kommand'r's bodyguards. It's blatantly obvious that Mandy is designed to stick out in any group due to her appearance... even if her appearance makes little sense.

Extraordinary Member

Not her clothes or hair dye, I mean in her height/build/pigmentation. Mandy is supposed to be 18. How does this picture make sense?

Yeah.... Mandy is about a foot shorter than ..... well.... every other person who's a Tamaranean.... and shorter than most Humans too. Also she's extra-thick.... in a bad way. In that pic it's a pretty direct comparison to Koriand'r and two of Kommand'r's bodyguards. It's blatantly obvious that Mandy is designed to stick out in any group due to her appearance... even if her appearance makes little sense.
    It’s a comic
    In new 52 Tim would flip flop from being as big as Jason to just slightly taller then Damian

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

She doesn't even have the orange skin, oh well.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?