Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by rcaguy View Post
    The fact that it isn't should tell you something about the lack of interest in something like this..
    IDK it was doing pretty well until the Axis retcon that kinda killed all love in the comic. Then of course Remender got fired.

Astonishing Member

Aren’t the Avengers these days a shadow of the power and influence they were at by the end of AvX?

Uncanny Avengers ran headlong into the fact that it was apparently supposed to be the flagship book for all Marvel as it came down from its “my god, our b-list team full of c-listers just made a billion dollars” high; but had the legs taken out from under it before it even began by Hickman and Bendis’ respective plans
    Last edited by king of hybrids; 08-25-2021 at 09:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Aren’t the Avengers these days a shadow of the power and influence they were at by the end of AvX?

Uncanny Avengers ran headlong into the fact that it was apparently supposed to be the flagship book for all Marvel as it came down from its “my god, our b-list team full of c-listers just made a billion dollars” high; but had the legs taken out from under it before it even began by Hickman and Bendis’ respective plans
    As they are now the main Avengers Team is a joke. The Guardians of the Galaxy have more heavy hitters currently.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    As they are now the main Avengers Team is a joke. The Guardians of the Galaxy have more heavy hitters currently.
    It feels like it's only a matter of time and chance until someone gets switched around in Disney's management and decides that a good way to increase their profile is to investigate why the company isn't making a lot more money from Marvel's comic division despite the sucess of the movies and toylines (which should logicaly cause a synergy effect with the comics) and the long time success of their traditional comic lines.

Especialy given the dire state their parks had been in since 2020 and the issues with getting the movie profits back to previous level.

Which would certainly cause a lot of tabula rasa in editorial and marketing, because of mismangemant of their "prime" IPs like this.

I'd like Uncanny Avengers back. Or Wanda to be on a magic team like what was teased at the end of Damnation. That magic team also had Magik and Nico on it.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    Imagine after the Trial of Magneto that both Wanda and her brother Quicksilver are re-established as the mutant child of Magneto.
    Would an Mutant Avengers team consisting of the Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Vision, Night Crawler, Colossus, Magik, Firestar and Justice work ?.
    I'd love to see Rogue and Polaris featured but they are locked into the new X-Men squad for now.
    I know Vision isn't a mutant but he isn't human either.
    Add Wonder Man and the series would have a huge family feel to it, though having both Wonder Man and Colossus on the same team could get pretty boring, only one brick is needed.
    A title featuring these characters certainly wouldn't be short on stories and drama, imagine the guest stars and villains..
    If the Scarlet Witch was given an X team title after TOM who would you feature in the title ?.
    It could work well.

Quote Originally Posted by rcaguy View Post
    The fact that it isn't should tell you something about the lack of interest in something like this..
    Uncanny Avengers Vol 1 was a massive seller with retailers, it was the stupid AXIS storyline that brought it all undone.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

BANNED

I question why people act like the point of the Avengers was to always have the most powerful characters of Marvel all on one team.
    I swear revionist history all around.

Save for a handful of particular characters (Hulk and Spider characters), I'd rather the Avengers and characters adjacent to them be kept in their corner of the Marvel U. I don't see a reason for the two to interact outside of a MAJOR crisis.
    Mutant and Proud
    Krakoa FOREVER!!!

Astonishing Member

Editorial seems to have written them off now that the Infinity Saga is over

Fail as an MCU property and be destroyed as an IP (SHIELD, Inhumans, Iron Fist); succeed and eventually be thrown under the bus to rot

I think that can work.

BUT. Why not? Make the Emma/Tony book.

Fantastic Member

I think it can work but make it all mutants. Have a few ties to the Avengers but it needs to be mutants doing good and being heroes.

Sort of like a Justice League / X-Men take

Namor
    Justice
    Firestar
    Quicksilver
    Archangel
    Sunspot
    Dazzler
    Penance (Monet)
    Colossus
    Cannonball
    Darkstar

could maybe swap in Storm or Rogue if you wanted a more popular character but I like Monet getting more of a chance. she's pretty strong herself. you could bring in Wanda herself again but still feel the mutants wouldn't like that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Editorial seems to have written them off now that the Infinity Saga is over

Fail as an MCU property and be destroyed as an IP (SHIELD, Inhumans, Iron Fist); succeed and eventually be thrown under the bus to rot
    I suppose that makes sense if you ignore the tins of books that keep spinning out if Avengers, the events they're in the forefront of...
    To keep it short just because you like what the books are doing doesn't mean they've been written off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild Fang X View Post
    Save for a handful of particular characters (Hulk and Spider characters), I'd rather the Avengers and characters adjacent to them be kept in their corner of the Marvel U. I don't see a reason for the two to interact outside of a MAJOR crisis.
    The Avengers don't have a "corner" they're made up of tons of different characters with different backgrounds, they're not a corner of the MU, they basically are the MU.

Quote Originally Posted by WinterCoyote View Post
    I think Avengers work best as a team that represents multiple corners of the Marvel universe. There should be 1-2 mutant members on it, but more than that should just be a temporary team up.
    Agreed that the Avengers really should be representing all corners of the Marvel Universe. Gods, space heroes, street levelers, and yes, mutants. Before the Uncanny Avengers came along, I really liked Busiek's lineup for that reason. Heck, he threw in '90s Beast, the Sentinels, and a cameo by Apocalypse into the mix, too.

Kind of a retcon but in-universe the Avengers almost got to this point in Avengers Annual 1999. It was told in a series of flashbacks when the Avengers and the FF were believed killed by Onslaught. Black Widow approached the following heroes to restart the team but almost all had turned down or postponed the offer (and Moondragon shot herself in the foot):

Black Widow - Leader
    Archangel
    Iceman
    Beast
    Hercules (Natasha pointed out that these first five would be a reunion and expansion of the Champions)
    War Machine
    Daredevil
    Moondragon (she demanded to be the leader)
    Quicksilver
    Ant-Man (Scott Lang)
    She-Hulk

Sure, it's not an all-mutant team, but it represented various corners simultaneously, and I'd be interested to read that lineup.
    Last edited by Cyke; 08-25-2021 at 01:49 PM.

Fantastic Member

I don't think Uncanny Avengers would work now. It's pretty much utterly redundant in the Krakoa era, which is going to continue for the foreseeable future.

The Avengers have been turned by Bendis, Hickman, and Aaron, into a bunch of randoms with no real dynamics. They have become completely generic. I'm not sure that can even be fixed.
    Last edited by Relugus; 08-25-2021 at 02:08 PM.