Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    Mighty Member

Not yet, maybe in the new Krakoan age though.

And I still believe Jean and Iceman are long overdue to become Avengers.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    And I still believe Jean and Iceman are long overdue to become Avengers.
    Bobby's already been a Champion and a Defender, and kinda / sorta been a member of the Fantastic Four (it's a running joke that Johnny Storm refuses to acknowledge the time he was as 'doesn't count!'), so it would make sense to have him someday become an Avenger (or Guardian of the Galaxy) to complete his set of badges.

And Jean would be such an Avenger! Just watch out.

As soon as she drops that MG uniform for good. Although she would be outfitted by the Wasp then…

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aeon View Post
    As soon as she drops that MG uniform for good. Although she would be outfitted by the Wasp then…
    I think it would be interesting to see Wasp design new uniforms for X-heroes in a A/X combo team. Iceman could get an ice-themed one, and Jean could get a phoenix-themed one.

On a related note, I think this kind of team would be a good place to use X-Men and Avengers who are somewhat well known but don't seem to get much attention in the main books. Like Wasp, or Storm to some extent.

This is my take on a mutant only team, with Mirage again as leader.

The team consists of Mirage, Karma, Darwin, Syrin, Thunderbird, Iceman, Shola Inkose, X-Treme.
    The Avengers provide Avengers Mansion as headquarters, and they also chose half of the team.

86A4C540-CFA9-4BE1-9F07-74D7AFB9CBDC.jpg

This is the Jean Grey and Iceman Avengers team everyone wants

Was hard to go the diverse route without using regular characters like Storm, Rogue, Psylocke, Bishop, .. and I didn’t want another X-Men team with Cyclops, and the prominent Polaris and Synch. So the pool to pick from was reduced without using the one issue appearance kids.

So, this time it is: Jean Grey as leader, Iceman, Armor, Nightcrawler (with beard and less priest babbling), Spiral, Warlock, Bedlam, and Sunspot as Avengers liaison.

BAE82450-5985-4ABB-A2DB-7BBD70C1C414.jpg

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aeon View Post
    This is the Jean Grey and Iceman Avengers team everyone wants

Was hard to go the diverse route without using regular characters like Storm, Rogue, Psylocke, Bishop, .. and I didn’t want another X-Men team with Cyclops, and the prominent Polaris and Synch. So the pool to pick from was reduced without using the one issue appearance kids.

So, this time it is: Jean Grey as leader, Iceman, Armor, Nightcrawler (with beard and less priest babbling), Spiral, Warlock, Bedlam, and Sunspot as Avengers liaison.

BAE82450-5985-4ABB-A2DB-7BBD70C1C414.jpg

Bleh. I for one don't want an Jean Grey and Iceman Avengers team or any other.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by rcaguy View Post
    Bleh. I for one don't want an Jean Grey and Iceman Avengers team or any other.
    Why not?...

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    It could be a mix of mutants and non-mutants.
    Perhaps but I personally am not a fan of to much mixing mainly because im not a huge avenger fan although perhaps a lesser used character or 2 could be used but overall its more important to me the X brand and its associated characters remain strong and not become some diluted mess like the avengers(although before bendis even they had some kind of uniformity and certain things that governed the franchise like no killers then before this anything goes era we are in now.)

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by cam18 View Post
    Perhaps but I personally am not a fan of to much mixing mainly because im not a huge avenger fan although perhaps a lesser used character or 2 could be used but overall its more important to me the X brand and its associated characters remain strong and not become some diluted mess like the avengers(although before bendis even they had some kind of uniformity and certain things that governed the franchise like no killers then before this anything goes era we are in now.)
    How are the Avengers a diluted mess? Isn't the problem they've concentrated too much on a few specific characters in the Avengers books?

How are the Avengers a diluted mess? Isn't the problem they've concentrated too much on a few specific characters in the Avengers books?
    The problem is that, in theory, nearly any superhero can be an Avenger..... and the list of heroes that have joined is stupidly long.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    The problem is that, in theory, nearly any superhero can be an Avenger..... and the list of heroes that have joined is stupidly long.
    So? That's the point of the Avengers. They're a big tent. People can come and go. Idk what's wrong with that.

So? That's the point of the Avengers. They're a big tent. People can come and go. Idk what's wrong with that.
    It's not "wrong" really. But... it creates major story writing challenges to have 40-50 characters on the team when you try writing a book.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    It's not "wrong" really. But... it creates major story writing challenges to have 40-50 characters on the team when you try writing a book.
    Well, yeah, that's true. Juggling a big team is hard. But, not everyone needs to be on the team at once. It's probably easier with a rotating cast with some mainstays, and maybe with 2 or 3 teams. And solo characters have their own books so they don't need as much attention in the team book as characters without solos.