Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Willamson Taking Over Batman After Tynion

https://twitter.com/williamson_josh/...381540870?s=21

BATMAN #118 IN DECEMBER.

I’M WRITING BATMAN!

As Batman leaves Gotham, I’m starting a new storyline called “ABYSS” drawn by the awesome JORGE MOLINA!

Not talking about this was driving me nuts. Excited to finally share @jorge_molinam’s #118 cover with you! The oval is back!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Nice suit! I would've added the trunks and make the ears longer but all in all it looks great!

Astonishing Member

It seems like Damian is a big part of this, judging by teaser in twitter.
    Anyway, not sure how I feel about this, but we'll see. I'm not a fan of his Flash, but Robin is incredible.

Not my first choice, but nevertheless a great one.
    Let's see what he has in store for us, i enjoyed his Flash run, he was actually the first person to actually make me read the Flash after Barry took over and his Robin book is great.

Costume looks a lot like the one he wore in the Batman Inc era.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Yeah, I couldn't be any more excited for this even if I tried. I get my master's degree in December AND a Williamson Batman book. Happy graduation month to me!

Williamson isn't who I expected but I'm fine with him on the title. I never would have expected he would go from The Flash, writing a JL/SS crossover, to headlining the new direction at DC and writing their flagship title. Especially compared to, like, Bendis.

Williamson definitely seems like he's leaning into a Morrison-esque direction with Damian, a new villain, and a worldwide Batman in his Incorporated suit. Yellow oval .

Do we know what's happening with 'Tec?
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post

Yeah, I couldn't be any more excited for this even if I tried. I get my master's degree in December AND a Williamson Batman book. Happy graduation month to me!
    Congratulations .

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post

Same for me! Cheers!

Mighty Member

Not read anything from Williamson.

I'll give it a shot, not picked up an ongoing Batman book since New 52

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Not my first choice, but nevertheless a great one.
    Let's see what he has in store for us, I enjoyed his Flash run, he was actually the first person to actually make me read the Flash after Barry took over and his Robin book is great.

Costume looks a lot like the one he wore in the Batman Inc era.
    Yep, it looks very similar to the Batman Inc costume.

Like most of what I've been reading from Williamson so far and I'm glad Batman is out of Gotham for a bit, I think that may help resist writing the next catastrophic Gotham-based event for a while.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I can handle this. Not mad about Molina joining either, but will miss Jiminez for sure.

Incredible Member

Very happy, as I mostly just didn't want Bendis. (Priest would've been a dream but was unrealistic). Williamson also has enough cache to not be a placeholder writer biding time for Bendis, so maybe we can get 2-3 years of Williamson at which time maybe Bendis is gone from DC?

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    The thing is, if they would have any interest in pushing Jace as Batman on serious level, they would do the same thing they did with Clark and Jon, even by taking a risk to get lower sales. But they didn't do it. And they didn't even promote I Am Batman properly, lol.
    Even that's a weird comparison since Jon has become a fan-favorite character over the past 6 years, albeit mostly through Super Sons before he was aged up. Jace is going from 0-to-Batman essentially, and I don't know if there's any way to make that work.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 08-25-2021 at 03:11 PM.

It seems like Damian is a big part of this, judging by teaser in twitter.
    Anyway, not sure how I feel about this, but we'll see. I'm not a fan of his Flash, but Robin is incredible.
    I'm just glad at least one writer understands that some people actually like Batman and Robin together.

If Williamson is going the globetrotting angle, I'd like it to be heavily focused on the much needed father/son reconciliation, like a worldwide bonding trip a la One Year Later. But now that leaves the question of Gotham and I'd rather Jace not just get handed the keys to kingdom, but that's just me. I just want more Damian.

Astonishing Member

I'd rather Jace not just get handed the keys to kingdom
    I don't think it really matters at this point, since Bruce is keeping both of his titles and they're pushing Bat-Family really hard.

I'm not too big on Jace either. I still think if anyone outside of the immediate Batfam were to take over, it should have been Luke. But at this point, I'm just happy Bruce is still doing something. I'll worry about Jace later. For now, my mind is only on this bit of good news.

I don't think it really matters at this point, since Bruce is keeping both of his titles and they're pushing Bat-Family really hard.
    Then why bother keeping John Ridley around and publishing Jace Fox books? Either let him be his own thing in his own continuity or just stop. He seems quite extraneous especially when the overcrowded Batfamily is getting this significant push because characters like Cassandra Cain are barely utilized despite their popularity.

I don't know, I just want to see how all this plays out.