Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Willamson Taking Over Batman After Tynion

https://twitter.com/williamson_josh/...381540870?s=21

BATMAN #118 IN DECEMBER.

I’M WRITING BATMAN!

As Batman leaves Gotham, I’m starting a new storyline called “ABYSS” drawn by the awesome JORGE MOLINA!

Not talking about this was driving me nuts. Excited to finally share @jorge_molinam’s #118 cover with you! The oval is back!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Nice suit! I would've added the trunks and make the ears longer but all in all it looks great!

Astonishing Member

It seems like Damian is a big part of this, judging by teaser in twitter.
    Anyway, not sure how I feel about this, but we'll see. I'm not a fan of his Flash, but Robin is incredible.

Not my first choice, but nevertheless a great one.
    Let's see what he has in store for us, i enjoyed his Flash run, he was actually the first person to actually make me read the Flash after Barry took over and his Robin book is great.

Costume looks a lot like the one he wore in the Batman Inc era.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Yeah, I couldn't be any more excited for this even if I tried. I get my master's degree in December AND a Williamson Batman book. Happy graduation month to me!

Mighty Member

Not read anything from Williamson.

I'll give it a shot, not picked up an ongoing Batman book since New 52

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Nice suit! I would've added the trunks and make the ears longer but all in all it looks great!
    Yeah, if Batman is wearing that grayish costume, it needs the darker trunks for balance.
    (Now,an all-black body suit would be a different story.)

And is that chest symbol the same one he use to have for Batman Incorporated?

Williamson has paid his dues and I've always enjoyed his work so glad he got the come up.

Extraordinary Member

Predictable, probably an ok choice but kind of disappointing at the same time.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Sounds like a solid choice to me, I've been loving Robin and the way he writes the whole Batfamily has been fantastic so more of that and less of...what ever it was Tynion was doing is great.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    It seems like Damian is a big part of this, judging by teaser in twitter.
    Anyway, not sure how I feel about this, but we'll see. I'm not a fan of his Flash, but Robin is incredible.
    I'm just glad at least one writer understands that some people actually like Batman and Robin together.

If Williamson is going the globetrotting angle, I'd like it to be heavily focused on the much needed father/son reconciliation, like a worldwide bonding trip a la One Year Later. But now that leaves the question of Gotham and I'd rather Jace not just get handed the keys to kingdom, but that's just me. I just want more Damian.

Astonishing Member

I'd rather Jace not just get handed the keys to kingdom
    I don't think it really matters at this point, since Bruce is keeping both of his titles and they're pushing Bat-Family really hard.

I'm not too big on Jace either. I still think if anyone outside of the immediate Batfam were to take over, it should have been Luke. But at this point, I'm just happy Bruce is still doing something. I'll worry about Jace later. For now, my mind is only on this bit of good news.

I'm not mad. I'm mostly glad the horror is over. I love the suit and I love the " new era begins" it's hard to imagine dc not having hard feelings about the way he left so I'm assuming his characters will get dropped. I liked clownhunter and Molly and made a killing off #89 and hell arisen #3 so I'm thankful for that (I had pre ordered four copies of each hoping it would be a hot book and it was)

So alright, let's see where this takes us!!
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 08-25-2021 at 03:07 PM. Reason: rude

Incredible Member

Interesting on Molina. After Tynion announced he was leaving, Jimenez said he was staying on. I wonder if this will be an attempt at an "Alternating Arc" thing. Which never, ever works out.