Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    The book is selling really well, much better than WW, Flash or GL. why would someone cancel it?

I do wonder if Williamson would leave the book and we'll get a different writer.
    I'm worried about that too. Batman is a game changer for writers so it makes sense for him to focus a lot of his creative juices on the main batman title. I just hope Robin doesn't suffer too much.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    I'm worried about that too. Batman is a game changer for writers so it makes sense for him to focus a lot of his creative juices on the main batman title. I just hope Robin doesn't suffer too much.
    I'm really hoping Williamson stays on Robin as well.

I know Williamson has a number of other DC books, but look at Tynion. He has been writing two ongoing bat-books: Batman and The Joker. Hopefully Williamson can do the same thing, just replacing The Joker with Robin in this case.

Astonishing Member

Williamson stays on Robin, he already said, that there are long term plans for that book.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Yep, should be lots of good things coming Damian's way next year.
    He already has his own book and the occasional team up book with Jon, it's not like he was getting shafted like some of the other family members.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    He already has his own book and the occasional team up book with Jon, it's not like he was getting shafted like some of the other family members.
    He only got the solo because DC wrecked his character for two years trying to turn him into a villain and all the Super Sons books were set in the past/basically out of continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    He only got the solo because DC wrecked his character for two years trying to turn him into a villain and all the Super Sons books were set in the past/basically out of continuity.
    And Damian wouldn't even have a solo if it wasn't written by Williamson. Without DC's head architect being a big supporter of Damian, he would've been left to rot.

Extraordinary Member

Abyss>ghost maker

Astonishing Member

According to DC, Williamson and Molina's run begins with a four-issue arc that "sees the Caped Crusader leave Gotham City on the trail of a new mystery involving Batman, Inc., and a new foe: ABYSS."
    So, he's leaving because of this case, not because of events of Fear State?

Love the article's description of Batman Inc.:
    Batman Incorporated was created by Grant Morrison, Cameron Stewart and Frazer Irving. The group, led by Batman, featured such characters as Nightwing, Robin, Red Hood, Red Robin, Oracle, Batwoman and Batwing, with a mission of establishing the presence of "Batman" on a global scale.
    Really guys? Not even bothering to mention any of the key non-Gotham City Bat-family characters like Gaucho, Knight & Squire, etc.?

Is Abyss related to the actual Grim Reaper villain?

I'm also rather fascinated that Irving and Stewart got credited for creating Batman Inc. Are there some interviews that reveal that they participated in its creation at some point? Because from what I remember they drew exactly 0 issues of Batman Inc. Irving I think did last Morrison's Batman and Robin issue where it was announced on the last page, but I'd be surprised if that counts as creating it.

Astonishing Member

I wonder, maybe Lord Death Man will be the villain of this run? We already had some kind of teaser of him in Robin, most likely Damian will be a part of this run, and Death Man was a villain in Batman Inc, which seems to be a part of this story.
    Last edited by Morgoth; 09-16-2021 at 07:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    I wonder, maybe Lord Death Man will be the villain of this run? We already had some kind of teaser of him in Robin, most likely Damian will be a part of this run, and Death Man was a villain in Batman Inc, which seems to be a part of this story.
    Batman and Robin vs Lord Death Man and Flatline? With Bruce remarking on Damian finding his own Catwoman ?

He reminds me Oddyseus Deathstroke father.