Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I'm not too big on Jace either. I still think if anyone outside of the immediate Batfam were to take over, it should have been Luke. But at this point, I'm just happy Bruce is still doing something. I'll worry about Jace later. For now, my mind is only on this bit of good news.
    The thing is, if they would have any interest in pushing Jace as Batman on serious level, they would do the same thing they did with Clark and Jon, even by taking a risk to get lower sales. But they didn't do it. And they didn't even promote I Am Batman properly, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    I don't think it really matters at this point, since Bruce is keeping both of his titles and they're pushing Bat-Family really hard.
    Then why bother keeping John Ridley around and publishing Jace Fox books? Either let him be his own thing in his own continuity or just stop. He seems quite extraneous especially when the overcrowded Batfamily is getting this significant push because characters like Cassandra Cain are barely utilized despite their popularity.

I don't know, I just want to see how all this plays out.

Extraordinary Member

Hmmmm interesting. We shall see.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Extraordinary Member

There may have always been the plan to have Williamson take over. With all the turmoil it worked out well that Tynion overperformed allowing them to take their time setting up the new direction.

Astonishing Member

https://twitter.com/JamesTheFourth/s...55713118613513
    Stepping back over to my main twitter for a hot second just to say how excited I am for you all to see what Josh and Jorge Molina are building for you on the Batman title!

I've read his first issue and it kicks ass, and yes, that costume is a clue about what this arc is about

Batman Incorporated confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    This looks real good

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Not my first choice, but nevertheless a great one.
    Let's see what he has in store for us, I enjoyed his Flash run, he was actually the first person to actually make me read the Flash after Barry took over and his Robin book is great.

Costume looks a lot like the one he wore in the Batman Inc era.
    Yep, it looks very similar to the Batman Inc costume.

Like most of what I've been reading from Williamson so far and I'm glad Batman is out of Gotham for a bit, I think that may help resist writing the next catastrophic Gotham-based event for a while.

Williamson isn't who I expected but I'm fine with him on the title. I never would have expected he would go from The Flash, writing a JL/SS crossover, to headlining the new direction at DC and writing their flagship title. Especially compared to, like, Bendis.

Williamson definitely seems like he's leaning into a Morrison-esque direction with Damian, a new villain, and a worldwide Batman in his Incorporated suit. Yellow oval .

Do we know what's happening with 'Tec?
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post

Yeah, I couldn't be any more excited for this even if I tried. I get my master's degree in December AND a Williamson Batman book. Happy graduation month to me!
    Congratulations .

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I can handle this. Not mad about Molina joining either, but will miss Jiminez for sure.

The thing is, if they would have any interest in pushing Jace as Batman on serious level, they would do the same thing they did with Clark and Jon, even by taking a risk to get lower sales. But they didn't do it. And they didn't even promote I Am Batman properly, lol.
    Eh, Batman is not Superman. Superman can risk that status quo of Jon and Clark having Superman and Action respectively, since Superline sales haven't been the hottest especially after Bendis' run. You do not risk the main flagship book though, even if Jace is a decent seller and word of mouth gives him good sales, Bruce is too important to the line. Sort of like Spider-Man with Peter and Miles, Marvel will never risk replacing their guaranteed best seller, even when almost all the heroes at Marvel were replaced with legacy heroes years ago, Peter still remained.(Actually that's kind of ironic with what's going to happen soon in the Spider-Line with Ben Reilly, but that's obviously temporary and not mantle sharing.) It's the same for Batman, Superman doesn't have that luxury.
    Last edited by GSman; 08-25-2021 at 09:07 AM.

Incredible Member

Very happy, as I mostly just didn't want Bendis. (Priest would've been a dream but was unrealistic). Williamson also has enough cache to not be a placeholder writer biding time for Bendis, so maybe we can get 2-3 years of Williamson at which time maybe Bendis is gone from DC?

Even that's a weird comparison since Jon has become a fan-favorite character over the past 6 years, albeit mostly through Super Sons before he was aged up. Jace is going from 0-to-Batman essentially, and I don't know if there's any way to make that work.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 08-25-2021 at 03:11 PM.

Astonishing Member

I guess it's more like Bruce and Damian will be travelling together and they will be present in each other ongoings. I doubt it's another Batman & Robin book, it would be too much.