Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zorkel567 View Post
    Jorge Jiménez confirmed he'll be back on the book for the next arc.

https://twitter.com/JorgeJimenezArt/...65978367315977
    Jimenez and Molina's style work pretty well together. For once DC seem to have put some thought into having artistic consistency, since most big name artists can't handle monthlies alone.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Is there speculation Jace is taking over as Gotham's 'Batman' and could be the star of Detective Comics? I honestly have no opinion of the character as most of his appearances have been in other books I have not read and did not look interesting enough, and I would suspect a lot of other comic readers have also similarly just not cared to pick up something 'just because'. The only way they are going to figure out if the character can sell is to put him in the spotlight.
    I think Jace will keep only the recently launched I Am Batman book (which is still in its #0 issue).
    Detective could either become a Gotham team book or continue to star Bruce in his globe-trotting adventures.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I think Jace will keep only the recently launched I Am Batman book (which is still in its #0 issue).
    Detective could either become a Gotham team book or continue to star Bruce in his globe-trotting adventures.
    Didn't DC tease that the "Shadow of the bat" event would take place in Detective?
    If it does, I guess it's likely we'll see there all the major Gotham players and how they deal with Batman gone.

I'm just going to assume Tamaki sticks around on 'Tec and they come up with...some kind of premise.

Astonishing Member

Ah. So he rocks Robin, Green Arrow and Batman ... the kung-fu triangle nears completion. More or less the Incorporated suit, which is cool. Should be rather Denny O'Neil by way of Morrison. I'm interested. Least surprising choice ever but not unhappy to see it. Kind of obvious in retrospect.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    Ah. So he rocks Robin, Green Arrow and Batman ... the kung-fu triangle nears completion. More or less the Incorporated suit, which is cool. Should be rather Denny O'Neil by way of Morrison. I'm interested. Least surprising choice ever but not unhappy to see it. Kind of obvious in retrospect.
    Which member of the Arrow Family is going to show up in this book? Mia ?

Well, Robin and Catwoman both already have Arrow family members (Connor Hawke and Lian Harper), so if one was to end up in another Bat book, so be it. Maybe Roy? He'll be looking for Lian so he has reason to come to Gotham.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

Between Robin, Deathstroke Inc, and Batman, I'm pretty excited for a cohesive crossover at some point. Should be quite fun
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Williamson was someone I figured would be in the mix. So not a surprise. And I guess sort of a return to the Batman INC era with Bruce being Batman abroad and with Jace as the Batman in Gotham? I don't care about Jace in the slightest so he is a massive downgrade from the DickBats era that INC had with Dick watching over Gotham while Bruce was setting up Batman INC.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Yeah, if Batman is wearing that grayish costume, it needs the darker trunks for balance.
    (Now,an all-black body suit would be a different story.)

And is that chest symbol the same one he use to have for Batman Incorporated?
    Ever notice how a lot of artists seem to go out of their way to create shadows where the trunks should be, almost giving the impression they are there, even when they are not?

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Williamson was someone I figured would be in the mix. So not a surprise. And I guess sort of a return to the Batman INC era with Bruce being Batman abroad and with Jace as the Batman in Gotham? I don't care about Jace in the slightest so he is a massive downgrade from the DickBats era that INC had with Dick watching over Gotham while Bruce was setting up Batman INC.
    It's kind of funny how we go from the heir apparent to some guy with military training (I think) connected to a family that is basically just the tech side of Batman and who seems to completely misunderstand Batman .

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's kind of funny how we go from the heir apparent to some guy with military training (I think) connected to a family that is basically just the tech side of Batman and who seems to completely misunderstand Batman .
    Yeah, Dick is the true successor. But its comics and since that angle will never stick I`ll be happy with a good Nightwing book. Jace can be a second rate Batman. Honestly just happy we got Dicks time as Batman. But its inevitable that as long as Bruce Batman is around, whoever else is in the role will be considered the JV version.

On the upside, I`ve always thought Morrison's global Batman was the next step and should have been followed up on. Obviously Snyder wanted to do a more traditional Batman but Williamsons run is already sounding like it is exactly what I wanted.

Incredible Member

So, just trying to connect some dots that may or may not be related.

Tynion said it his newsletter following his departure announcement that Fear State was always set for the end of his first year, in his three year plan. Ben Abernathy said in a recent interview that they were really using the events since Joker War as a means of rebuilding the Bat-family across the line, which we've seen in spades. The Bat-family is pretty close to how it was pre-Flashpoint, with some tweaks, alongside the new, post-Flashpoint members (Duke, Harper, Luke). Babs is back as Oracle, while Cass's time as Batgirl has been pulled back into continuity; Steph's history as Robin has been pulled back in; Damian's Robin; Jean-Paul Valley is back as Azrael, rather than the Batman Reborn-era Michael Lane; Dick is back to his own, pre-Ric self; Tim's gotten a bit more development, with more to come; Jason's no longer a 'bad guy,' Selena's on relatively good terms with Bruce, Helena is Huntress again. We've gotten build-up of a Harley/Catwoman/Posion Ivy meet-up, a Gotham City Sirens reunion. So we're basically back to where we were prior to Flashpoint.

Fans were theorizing back as of the Batman: Fear State Omega solicit that Batman Incorporated could be in the pipeline; the yellow oval from Batman Inc is on the new cover, and Tynion did say that the costume is a clue to what's coming. Tynion name dropped Batman Inc. back in his Ghost Stories arc, we've seen some Batman Inc.-era characters pop up lately- Knight's appeared in Tom Taylor's Batman: The Detective, while Nightrunner was a candidate in the Round Robin bracket-, Lucius has been pushing for a better Batman, while Bruce has been try to rethink how he Batmans, while Miracle Molly is pushing the idea that Batman isn't doing enough. While it could just be the typical, end of event hyperbole, the Fear State Omega solicit mentions a new status quo that will last for years to come. This could easily be Batman Incorporated, resurrected.

Bruce could work with Lucius and Jace to redirect Wayne Enterprises' resourcers to funding a reborn Batman Inc., trying to help people and protect people all over the world in new ways, and he can leave to go oversee that, while Jace stays in Gotham.

Williamson indicates on Twitter that he didn't want to mess with whatever plan had already been set in motion for the other books. It's likely that if it is Batman Inc, they all knew this would be coming post-Fear State, and rather than totally overhauling, he's following up on how Tynion left it. So while Williamson is going in his own direction, ie. Abyss is likely an original creation of his- he's still playing with the forthcoming Batman Inc. status quo that has been planned, and not to disrupt his fellow writers' plans.

As an aside, while it could have obviously changed, I'd mentioned previously how Ben Abernathy had stated there were plans for Ghostmaker in 2022. Back in the Ghost Stories arc, Dick had mentioned ton Babs that Bruce tried to recruit Ghostmaker back during Batman Inc., but he had turned Bruce's offer due to their poor relationship at the time. Now that they've mended their relationship, I could see whether a back-up or a miniseries or something in which Ghostmaker is acting as an agent of Batman Inc.

Al this rambling to say, I'm excited for what's to come, and definitely onboard if Batman Inc. is returning. I think there was a lot of potential with it, both as a storyline engine, and as a back-drop for the greater Bat-world. I like the possibility of them basically setting the status quo to where the pre-Flashpoint world left off. Wiliamson has really impressed with his work on Robin and I think he could be a really strong choice to follow-up Tynion.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Morrisonbros we are feasting. Feels good seeing both the Batbooks and Superbooks take a lot of cues from Morrison’s stuff.
    I think we are slowly moving towards Morrison-singularity where literally everything will be based on Morrison's work. And I'm going to love it.

Anyway, how many books Williamson is doing now? 4? 5? And he is supposedly writing big event in 2022?

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Sounds like a solid choice to me, I've been loving Robin and the way he writes the whole Batfamily has been fantastic so more of that and less of...what ever it was Tynion was doing is great.
    Yeah, Tynion wasn’t flawless imo.
    I’m looking forward to something new, let’s do this.