Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I think we are slowly moving towards Morrison-singularity where literally everything will be based on Morrison's work. And I'm going to love it.

Anyway, how many books Williamson is doing now? 4? 5? And he is supposedly writing big event in 2022?
    Infinite Frontier, and it's successor Justice League Incarnate. Robin. And now Batman. Anything else?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Infinite Frontier, and it's successor Justice League Incarnate. Robin. And now Batman. Anything else?
    Deathstroke Inc
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Spectacular Member

I'm in a state of flux....

Capullo - loved
    Finch - ok
    Daniel - great
    March and Jimenez - good

Judging by Jorge Molina's work on Spider Geddon it doesn't strike me as enjoyable, which means sadly my time in Gotham may come to an end

Quote Originally Posted by hoopsguru View Post
    I'm in a state of flux....

Capullo - loved
    Finch - ok
    Daniel - great
    March and Jimenez - good

Judging by Jorge Molina's work on Spider Geddon it doesn't strike me as enjoyable, which means sadly my time in Gotham may come to an end
    Jimenez already confirmed his is comming back in the next arc after Molina.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Jimenez already confirmed his is comming back in the next arc after Molina.
    Guess my wallet can either enjoy the break or I will have to grind through it (if I have to deal with the same art as on Batman #106 page 5, I may as well just get my elementary students to draw me their version of Batman)

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Batman and Robin rides again!
    Abyss looks cool. I mean Harvest looks cool too, but they ruined the writing. This one I'm more confident.
    Also I thought Tynion leaving is still a long way but this is straight up after Fear State.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 08-25-2021 at 04:51 PM.

Great pick, have loved his Damian so far in Robin.

Really hope they stay away from Jace as Batman, as a What If Future it kinda works I guess..but this guy has no business being anywhere near the Cowl.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by BloodOps View Post

Really hope they stay away from Jace as Batman, as a What If Future it kinda works I guess..but this guy has no business being anywhere near the Cowl.
    They've already launched a Jace-Batman book set in present-day continuity, I Am Batman. And Ridley has said he has plans extending into next year with something huge planned for the Fox family.

So it seems like we could see a redux of the Batman Inc era. Bruce leaves Gotham to travel the world, in Batman, while Jace stays on as Batman of Gotham in I Am Batman.

With Detective Comics doing a Shadows of the Bat event, I could see 'Tec either becoming a Bat-family book, similar to Tynion's Tec or Gates of Gotham, or do rotating arcs focused on the various Bat-family members, ie., a Tim Drake arc, then a Batwoman arc, then an Azrael arc.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodOps View Post

I've got news for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorkel567 View Post
    They've already launched a Jace-Batman book set in present-day continuity, I Am Batman. And Ridley has said he has plans extending into next year with something huge planned for the Fox family.

So it seems like we could see a redux of the Batman Inc era. Bruce leaves Gotham to travel the world, in Batman, while Jace stays on as Batman of Gotham in I Am Batman.
    But during the "Batman Inc. era", Dick had Bruce's blessing to remain as Batman for Gotham City while he (Bruce) was "away on business".

Will the same be true for Jace-as-"Batman"?

Incredible Member

Sigh. Not a fan of this choice. I doubt he has any interest in Catwoman.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But during the "Batman Inc. era", Dick had Bruce's blessing to remain as Batman for Gotham City while he (Bruce) was "away on business".

I doubt it. Which is good, he doesn't want Bruce's permission or approval. Not yet, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

That's kind of what makes Jace distinct from any of the Bat-Fam with claim to the "throne", he wasn't groomed for the role and he's not searching for or in need of permission from Bruce. His own view is that Batman was basically a soldier for call by Bruce and his father, so his idea is to take that symbol his father helped shape and put it to use for his own crusade against crime. I'm not even sure Bruce would attest to it, since Jace obviously wants to do the right thing like he would.

Loved his work on the Flash, but not sure if he's the best writer for a gritty street fighter hero, (his Roy Harper needs some work)

All that being said, I'll check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    Sigh. Not a fan of this choice. I doubt he has any interest in Catwoman.
    What makes you say that? He even gave Barry a few Catwoman-type characters...although Selina's still in Gotham so she and Bruce will probably be separated for a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    That's kind of what makes Jace distinct from any of the Bat-Fam with claim to the "throne", he wasn't groomed for the role and he's not searching for or in need of permission from Bruce. His own view is that Batman was basically a soldier for call by Bruce and his father, so his idea is to take that symbol his father helped shape and put it to use for his own crusade against crime. I'm not even sure Bruce would attest to it, since Jace obviously wants to do the right thing like he would.
    Can't wait until he gets a better idea of what it means to be Batman .