Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Morrisonbros we are feasting. Feels good seeing both the Batbooks and Superbooks take a lot of cues from Morrison’s stuff.
    This. Love Grant Morrison especially his 2006-2013 run on Batman.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Everything about this is a meh from me.

Williamson is a decent writer but he's kind of DC's go-to guy at the moment and his books range from fun to awful (I'm looking at you, Infinite Frontier). Williamson's Flash run was pretty good (especially the first half) and I'm liking Robin, which I mostly picked up for Connor Hawke, so maybe he'll surprise me.

However, I never liked Batman Inc as a concept, always hated the suit and don't particularly like Damian so I guess I'll continue to skim read Batman in my LSC.

Thankfully, we still have Mariko Tamaki on Detective Comics.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    This villain is ABYSS?? For a moment I thought that it was Maya Ducard father again.

Mighty Member

Is now the time to catch-up on those Robin back issues?

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    Is now the time to catch-up on those Robin back issues?
    It doesn't feel like anything we seen so far is relevant to Batman, but its pretty good series so if you like Damian you should get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    What makes you say that? He even gave Barry a few Catwoman-type characters...although Selina's still in Gotham so she and Bruce will probably be separated for a while.
    Well, one, anyway. Meena Dhawan, aka Fast Track, later Negative Flash when she became a villain. It didn't take long until Barry got back with Iris.

The other new female creation, Avery Ho, ended up becoming a second sidekick alongside Kid Flash, after New Super-Man and the Justice League of China was cancelled. And she's 100% a hero.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Y'know, the more I look at that image, the more it reminds me of The Reaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Well, one, anyway. Meena Dhawan, aka Fast Track, later Negative Flash when she became a villain. It didn't take long until Barry got back with Iris.

The other new female creation, Avery Ho, ended up becoming a second sidekick alongside Kid Flash, after New Super-Man and the Justice League of China was cancelled. And she's 100% a hero.
    There was some flirting with Golden Glider, too.

Wasn't that one-sided on her part?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post

Yeah, I couldn't be any more excited for this even if I tried. I get my master's degree in December AND a Williamson Batman book. Happy graduation month to me!
    Same for me! Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Wasn't that one-sided on her part?
    Well, he didn't turn her down that hard.

Amazing Member

Definitly liking that Williamson takes over.
    Not a huge fan of the Suit because im all for Armored Batman suits...but its either way, whatever works.

Only thing i dont like is that whole "Bruce leaves Gotham" thing, its a change of scenary for sure...but i dont like it.
    For me Bruce and Gotham are intertwined.
    We will see how this goes...i give it a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkViKing View Post
    Definitly liking that Williamson takes over.
    Not a huge fan of the Suit because im all for Armored Batman suits...but its either way, whatever works.

Only thing i dont like is that whole "Bruce leaves Gotham" thing, its a change of scenary for sure...but i dont like it.
    For me Bruce and Gotham are intertwined.
    We will see how this goes...i give it a chance.
    It all depends on how long Bruce is gone from Gotham City.

Right now, Gotham City seems toxic for "masks", and there are definitely people (not just criminals or self-serving politicians) who don't want Batman around, buying in to the argument that Batman attracts masked psychos like The Joker. (And in a way you can't argue against that idea that many of the threats to Gotham have been caused by criminals challenging Batman.)

As long as Bruce doesn't seem to be intending to transfer Batman permanently to another city, this could have possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    It all depends on how long Bruce is gone from Gotham City.

Right now, Gotham City seems toxic for "masks", and there are definitely people (not just criminals or self-serving politicians) who don't want Batman around, buying in to the argument that Batman attracts masked psychos like The Joker. (And in a way you can't argue against that idea that many of the threats to Gotham have been caused by criminals challenging Batman.)

As long as Bruce doesn't seem to be intending to transfer Batman permanently to another city, this could have possibilities.
    But you'd think the same effect would be applied if his family stays. Well, that and Jace Batman, but Bruce has no control over that.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    But you'd think the same effect would be applied if his family stays. Well, that and Jace Batman, but Bruce has no control over that.
    How much of the Bat-family is currently based in the Gotham City city limits these days?

Are Dick and Babs based more out of Blüdhaven?

Where's Damian currently?

And how much time is Tim spending in Gotham City?

NOTE: I'm not actively reading the Bat-titles at present, but that may change when Williamson takes over.