Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

I'm looking forward to a change, whilst I appreciate the reason for JT changing bats resources it's not something ive enjoyed as a status quo change (I appreciate this run is generally well received and a huge improvement of TK which imo was an immense let down)

It's not gonna change back I'm sure , and to be honest I find bats much less interesting because of it, but a writing change might bring in other changes I can enjoy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Tynion's run on 'Tec was pretty great which has always made me scratch my head on why his Batman has been so abysmal in my mind. Hopefully the same doesn't happen to Williamson.
    He has basically all but blamed the editors (there was a lot of turnover in the Batbooks since his days on Detective). Apparently the current ones are very controlling over existing Bat-characters to the point that he created original characters like Ghost-Maker to avoid clashes with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    He has basically all but blamed the editors (there was a lot of turnover in the Batbooks since his days on Detective). Apparently the current ones are very controlling over existing Bat-characters to the point that he created original characters like Ghost-Maker to avoid clashes with them.
    I wonder if that had anything to do with how Tom King's run went and DC not wanting to go there again?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I wonder if that had anything to do with how Tom King's run went and DC not wanting to go there again?
    I think it depends just where in the process these things popped up, because DC was also putting a lot of stuff on hold until after Future State so it could just as likely be to make sure any ideas already being worked on were not affected. This stuff could have popped up when Tynion still thought they were going to rewrite the timeline and he was going to party like it was 1999.

Extraordinary Member

This should be good for Damian right

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    This should be good for Damian right
    Yep, should be lots of good things coming Damian's way next year.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Ooh where did he say this?

I got the impression that that was the case before 5G was nuked. He mentioned it in one of his newsletters.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Eh, unless the editors were the ones telling him to do one event after another I don't think he can really blame them all that much.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Ooh where did he say this?
    He's been talking about his time on Batman in his paid newsletters. Bleeding Cool has been publishing snippets/highlights every Wednesday.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

It's hard not to wonder if DC editorial exists to make writers miserable so only the unquestioning slaves stick around for DC.

I can't say I'm excited for Williamson. But this is his chance, which I'm sure he realizes.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 08-31-2021 at 10:56 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I got the impression that that was the case before 5G was nuked. He mentioned it in one of his newsletters.
    Yeah. that's what I got also. Back when infinite frontier first started, he said the bat line was able to have a lot more free reign so I don't think it's been a issue recently. Honestly, I'm doubtful things like Tim being bi would have been possible if Didio was still around.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Yeah. that's what I got also. Back when infinite frontier first started, he said the bat line was able to have a lot more free reign so I don't think it's been a issue recently. Honestly, I'm doubtful things like Tim being bi would have been possible if Didio was still around.
    I think it's possible. His problem is with legacy character having no place or distracting from the "main character" which is JL generation. He has no problem finding a controversial place for a character or doing controversial change, and Simone reported that Didio is a proponent for LGBT characters. He is against marriage in general, not just LGBT marriage (some Batwoman fans thought this is the case). He also has no problem changing status quo for a short burst of sales.

So controversially changing (or adding) the sexuality a 30 year old character with a lot of fans to add more LGBT character rep which resulted in said issue selling really high would count as things he would do.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Yep, should be lots of good things coming Damian's way next year.
    I hope that you are right..

As long as Robin is not cancelled in 2022.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I hope that you are right..

As long as Robin is not cancelled in 2022.
    The book is selling really well, much better than WW, Flash or GL. why would someone cancel it?

I do wonder if Williamson would leave the book and we'll get a different writer.