Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Spiderman Life Story annual

Chip is the best. This is something I was always wanted to see. Jameson taking responsibility for his actions. 34 years as well. Like how can you fund a murderer and get away with it. A pairing that I don't see enough with Jonah and Norman but interesting nonetheless. I really love Chips writing he makes me care about Jameson.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Chip is the best. This is something I was always wanted to see. Jameson taking responsibility for his actions. 34 years as well. Like how can you fund a murderer and get away with it. A pairing that I don't see enough with Jonah and Norman but interesting nonetheless. I really love Chips writing he makes me care about Jameson.
    This was a good annual, it fit seamlessly with the main Spider-Man Life Story issues and featured unexpected turns. That bit with Carroll I didn't see until the end.

spoilers:
    I don't quite like or accept Jonah getting life imprisonment though, that feels a bit much. And I felt for sure that Jonah should know Peter was Spider-Man before he died
    end of spoilers

It was however unexpectedly sad and bitter though. That speech Carroll gave was quite sharp.
    Last edited by Revolutionary_Jack; 08-25-2021 at 08:50 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Bud I was shook.
    Zdarsky needs an ASM run after Beyond.
    Guy does not miss

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Bud I was shook.
    Zdarsky needs an ASM run after Beyond.
    Guy does not miss
    (Cough)Spectacular #300(Cough).

Mighty Member

Zdarsky was offered Amazing but turned it down because he felt he didn't have a good enough story to tell.

I'm okay with this. I loved his Spectacular run, but the best things he has been doing with the Character has been in AU. Life Story is just a classic Spider-Man story and is probably in my top 3.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    Zdarsky was offered Amazing but turned it down because he felt he didn't have a good enough story to tell.
    Really, when did he say this?

I'm okay with this. I loved his Spectacular run, but the best things he has been doing with the Character has been in AU. Life Story is just a classic Spider-Man story and is probably in my top 3.
    Zdarsky said in an interview that while Spider-Man was his favorite character in Marvel, Daredevil was his favorite comic. And I think with Spider-Man his heart isn't set with the continuity of the character after BND, based on everything he's done -- Spider's Shadow, Life Story, Spectacular Spider-Man.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    (Cough)Spectacular #300(Cough).
    It was a great story imo, did you not like it?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post

Wait, when?

His Spec was a bit bogged because he was forced to be funny and light-hearted. It got better and he got more serious.

It was a great story imo, did you not like it?
    Not really. At least as an end to the arc and for a purported milestone issue.

Chip's Spec introduced Theresa Parker, right? Not a fan.

But I loved the issue Peter e Jonah sit down and talk.

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    Chip's Spec introduced Theresa Parker, right? Not a fan.

But I loved the issue Peter e Jonah sit down and talk.
    more so brought her back from that graphic novel
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Mighty Member

Wait, when?

His Spec was a bit bogged because he was forced to be funny and light-hearted. It got better and he got more serious.
    I don't know if it was for Amazing, but he has said he had been offered to continue writing Spider-Man, and he turned it down.

more so brought her back from that graphic novel
    Yeah, he brought her back, but he didn't create her. Before, it wasn't even certain if that OGN was canon.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

Yeah, I think he liked the character. Regardless, that OGN is where I usually recommend People start with Modern Spider-Man.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Not really. At least as an end to the arc and for a purported milestone issue.
    It was better than most BND stuff we have seen.
    If that's a miss then 99% of modern comics are a miss too.
    When I say he doesn't miss, I mean everything is above avg. at minimum to excellent.Not everything is gonna be amazing