Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Default Marvel's Midnight Suns

This must be the rumored Xcom style game

The arcane focused is a huge surprise. I see you Marvel. Changing the name of the team to be more inclusive.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Nice roster revealed so far, though I am surprised no Scarlet Witch or Loki yet. Some will probably be annoyed that Robbie continues to be elevated over Johnny I suppose, but I like both so it's no issue for me. Having a few non supernatural types to mix things up is good too. Never played X-COM so I hope this is something I can get my head around.

I would have definitely chosen Wanda over Carol in a magic focused game. It was nice seeing Nico.

This seems like a console version of one of those netmarble mobile games with the eclectic roster, original character, etc., although it looks like it could be pretty cool.

Wolverine. Sarcastic “yey”.

Gotta sell the game somehow, I guess.

The way Eurogamer describes it, it sounds more like a Mass Effect tactical RPG style game. The Hunter can apparently be customized like Shepard and you can even hang out with and form friendships (but not romances) with the other heroes.

It says there are 12 established heroes in the game and nine I think have been revealed already - Captain America, Iron Man, Wolverine, Captain Marvel, Magik, Nico, Ghost Rider, Blade, and Doctor Strange - and so there's room for Wanda. It would be weird given her powers and recent elevation in the MCU not to include her, if only to insure the male to female roster is better balanced.

EDIT: Polygon corrects and says there's thirteen allies to choose from.

https://www.polygon.com/22641096/mar...-gamescom-2021
    Last edited by Derek Metaltron; 08-25-2021 at 01:51 PM.

Looks great! I always give up on X-Com though, as the only thing I hate more than missing from point blank range is save-scumming.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    The way Eurogamer describes it, it sounds more like a Mass Effect tactical RPG style game. The Hunter can apparently be customized like Shepard and you can even hang out with and form friendships (but not romances) with the other heroes.

It says there are 12 established heroes in the game and nine I think have been revealed already - Captain America, Iron Man, Wolverine, Captain Marvel, Magik, Nico, Ghost Rider, Blade, and Doctor Strange - and so there's room for Wanda. It would be weird given her powers and recent elevation in the MCU not to include her, if only to insure the male to female roster is better balanced.

EDIT: Polygon corrects and says there's thirteen allies to choose from.

https://www.polygon.com/22641096/mar...-gamescom-2021
    I guess no romance makes sense when a lot of those characters have more or less canon romances (and they don't want to turn this into a Persona game).

I'm kind of surprised Spidey's not in it.

Interesting choice

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess no romance makes sense when a lot of those characters have more or less canon romances (and they don't want to turn this into a Persona game).

I'm kind of surprised Spidey's not in it.
    If they were going to add one more non supernatural type I would think Spidey was logical, though it might be the case they think he's in enough games already. I think if I was going to pick the remaining four heroes I would opt for Scarlet Witch, Morbius, Thor and Elsa Bloodstone.

Where the fuk is Storm.

Thinking about it, a game loosely based around the Midnight Suns and its reveal roster only has two characters who were actually members of the group (I would say three but they are using Robbie Ghost Rider).

Looks....interesting?

Gotta be honest, they lost me at "turn based." I like a good turn based game, but I tend to save that stuff for the likes of Final Fantasy; for a superhero/Marvel game I want active combat where I can really get into the style of the character.

Wouldn't bet on seeing Spidey, since Sony has the game rights and this isn't from the Sony studio, right?

Blade's inclusion is pretty sweet, I do like the Daywalker and his inclusion in any project is enough to make me take a closer look. Also liking the inclusion of Niko and Magik.

So main character is an original creation huh? That's....kind of a gamble, isn't it? When it works, it works really well but if it doesn't mesh smoothly it can throw the entire experience off.

I'll keep my eyes on this but I don't think I'm gonna be getting it. Maybe some video of actual gameplay will change my mind.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    That's a darn shame, I would love a game that allows me to create a self-insert and seduce my favorite superheroes. You know how much money that would make? They'd be allowing so many geeks to live out their fantasies.

Extraordinary Member

I love Cap and Iron Man as much as the next old school Avengers fan but I wonder why they are included here. Not sure why Capt. Marvel is here either come to think of it.

Now Wolverine I can see. There's enough supernatural stories in his canon to set him provisionally in this genre.

But Marvel has a bunch of little used supernatural characters that are perfect for this game's premise and setting. No need to use the same characters that we get in every other Marvel game. No Hellstorm? Or Werewolf By Night? Or Scarlet Witch?

Another issue here is while character creation and customization is a major part of the RPG and Action RPG experience, it may be a risk here.

Maybe I'd rather play as Blade or Ghost Rider or Magik than the Hunter?

I wonder what the gameplay will look like. I'm guessing like Dragon Age: Origins. That was as close to classic turn based gameplay as any action video game gets.

Looking forward to seeing more.

PS: FF7 remake is kind of it's own weird hybrid thing so I don't want to count it, but can see others disagreeing.