Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Wouldn't bet on seeing Spidey, since Sony has the game rights and this isn't from the Sony studio, right?
    No. Spider-Man was in Ultimate Alliance 3 and Marvel vs Capcom Infinite. He's not exclusive to Sony

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess no romance makes sense when a lot of those characters have more or less canon romances (and they don't want to turn this into a Persona game).

I'm kind of surprised Spidey not in it.
    Thank goodness Spidey and Storm are NOT in this.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    I love Cap and Iron Man as much as the next old school Avengers fan but I wonder why they are included here. Not sure why Capt. Marvel is here either come to think of it.

Now Wolverine I can see. There's enough supernatural stories in his canon to set him provisionally in this genre.

But Marvel has a bunch of little used supernatural characters that are perfect for this game's premise and setting. No need to use the same characters that we get in every other Marvel game. No Hellstorm? Or Werewolf By Night? Or Scarlet Witch?

Another issue here is while character creation and customization is a major part of the RPG and Action RPG experience, it may be a risk here.

Maybe I'd rather play as Blade or Ghost Rider or Magik than the Hunter?

I wonder what the gameplay will look like. I'm guessing like Dragon Age: Origins. That was as close to classic turn based gameplay as any action video game gets.

Looking forward to seeing more.

PS: FF7 remake is kind of it's own weird hybrid thing so I don't want to count it, but can see others disagreeing.
    You're right that they don't seem brave enough to not include marquee heroes such as Iron Man and Cap instead of more obviously horror-suitable characters, and the thing is that a Fireaxis turn-based tactical game is already quite a niche genre that will probably mostly sell to the kinds of people who would already buy a new X-Com game. Maybe at least if it gets good reviews they will diversify more from putting out trash F2P games and feel a bit less like they need to crowbar the big faces into all of them too.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    You're right that they don't seem brave enough to not include marquee heroes such as Iron Man and Cap instead of more obviously horror-suitable characters, and the thing is that a Fireaxis turn-based tactical game is already quite a niche genre that will probably mostly sell to the kinds of people who would already buy a new X-Com game. Maybe at least if it gets good reviews they will diversify more from putting out trash F2P games and feel a bit less like they need to crowbar the big faces into all of them too.
    Yeah, I think for better or worse they felt like they needed more name brand characters, but at least we've got Nico, Robbie Reyes' Ghost Rider, Magik, and Blade in there...with probably a few other characters.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Thank goodness Spidey and Storm are NOT in this.
    Why would you say that?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, I think for better or worse they felt like they needed more name brand characters, but at least we've got Nico, Robbie Reyes' Ghost Rider, Magik, and Blade in there...with probably a few other characters.
    I'm still holding out for Moon Knight, Werewolf by night, Elsa Bloodstone and Brother Voodoo. They should be in a game like this.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    The way Eurogamer describes it, it sounds more like a Mass Effect tactical RPG style game. The Hunter can apparently be customized like Shepard and you can even hang out with and form friendships (but not romances) with the other heroes.
    Not seen anything about "no romance." Source?

Nevermind. quick google. found it.

Lame. And also prolly hurts their profit.
    Last edited by josai21; 08-26-2021 at 11:28 AM.

I guess this is me coming from the Sonic the Hedgehog fandom, but I'm surprised that people want a custom character to romance canon characters and that there is actually a lack of complaints about the game featuring a custom character. Sonic Forces...I think everyone knows the story about that game, and I remember when Dragon Ball Xenoverse announced the custom character it wasn't well-received at first because technically from a story perspective they're stronger than Goku, Vegeta, etc...

Never heard of Midnight Suns, but I love what Marvel's doing with their games recently and I'll give this one a look.
    Last edited by Pattern_Maker; 08-26-2021 at 11:41 AM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern_Maker View Post
    I guess this is me coming from the Sonic the Hedgehog fandom, but I'm surprised that people want a custom character to romance canon characters and that there is actually a lack of complaints about the game featuring a custom character. Sonic Forces...I think everyone knows the story about that game, and I remember when Dragon Ball Xenoverse announced the custom character it wasn't well-received at first because technically from a story perspective they're stronger than Goku, Vegeta, etc...

Never heard of Midnight Suns, but I love what Marvel's doing with their games recently and I'll give this one a look.
    Honestly I was really hoping for something more in the vein of Bioware RPGs/Persona.

I also come from the Sonic fandom. OC characters don't have as big of a negative rep in other fandoms as they do in Sonic's. Sonic OCs tend to be highly uncreative. Take this existing character and make them more edgy, gave Sonic a level higher than Super or something similarly lame. Dragonball has similar issues when it comes to OC characters so no shock to me that custom characters for Xenoverse wouldn't be well received.

Extraordinary Member

I hadn't heard that there was any fan issues with the CC in Xenoverse.

I'm just surprised to hear that. I thought the chance to create your own Sayan would gone over great with them.

I've played Xenoverse and the sequel. While I enjoyed both games, the sequel might have been too ambitious for its own good.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Much as I would love a Marvel dating simulator (I considered making one once with some of the X-Men) I doubt it will ever happen officially. Just getting something that is akin to Mass Effect but with Marvel characters is awesome though.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I also come from the Sonic fandom. OC characters don't have as big of a negative rep in other fandoms as they do in Sonic's. Sonic OCs tend to be highly uncreative. Take this existing character and make them more edgy, gave Sonic a level higher than Super or something similarly lame. Dragonball has similar issues when it comes to OC characters so no shock to me that custom characters for Xenoverse wouldn't be well received.
    Not to mention the legions of recolors. Lmao.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Gameplay trailer:

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I think I might actually cry. THIS is the sort of quality console game I've wanted for years for Marvel to do. They keep this and Insomniac's Spider-Man up and consider doing a solid Marvel fighting game to rival Injustice 2 and I'll have hope they can finally match Warner and DC's games.