Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

I'm really looking forward to it.
    There's enough mystical characters in it that I can probably forget that the Avengers are in it, too.

I'll probably be focusing on Dr. Strange, Scarlet Witch, Magik, Ghost Rider and Blade.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    I'm really looking forward to it.
    There's enough mystical characters in it that I can probably forget that the Avengers are in it, too.

I'll probably be focusing on Dr. Strange, Scarlet Witch, Magik, Ghost Rider and Blade.
    That's what I'll be doing too. It'd only change if someone has a really interesting card that is hard to refuse using.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

IGN is reporting (along with other sites) that Midnight Suns has been delayed, with no new release date announced. And that new gen consoles and PC will get the game before older gen.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    IGN is reporting (along with other sites) that Midnight Suns has been delayed, with no new release date announced. And that new gen consoles and PC will get the game before older gen.
    I wasn't expecting another delay.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    My guess is that they're aware of how Cyberpunk 2077 ended up on last gen and are trying to avoid the same sort of backlash?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    My guess is that they're aware of how Cyberpunk 2077 ended up on last gen and are trying to avoid the same sort of backlash?
    A good lesson to follow, even if it had to be learned the hard way. At this point, I'd much rather see Midnight Suns get delayed for further polishing and refinement than go down in infamy as a rushed-out hack-job like Cyberpunk 2077 did, which was a real shame, because I was (and still am) a huge fan of cyberpunk as a genre.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I generally prefer games to take longer than to be rushed out. Usually the ones rushed out have tons of bugs and other issues.

Shame about the delay, but probably for the best given how Cyberpunk and Avengers turned out. Neither of those games have recovered from their poor launch, as far as I'm aware.

I wish this was the kind of game I could get behind, but turn-based combat isn't a genre or playstyle I usually want out of my video game superheroes. Fine for Final Fantasy (even though FF hasn't done that in ages) but I want something with a faster pace when it comes to superheroes.

Hey, is there any word on the comics introducing the Hunter? I do like the idea of a customizable hero in the game and I'm intrigued by the character's story. If the game is something I'm gonna pass on, then the comics would at least give me something, yknow?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Cyberpunk could have been delayed another 5 years and it still probably wouldn’t have delivered. Right now the game industry have tricked their consumers into this idea that "more time" will magically turn sub par games into good ones, but the reality is the underline issue usually has to do with poor developmental management and decisions. Two lengthy delays now doesn’t bode well.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 08-21-2022 at 10:55 PM.

It depends really on the game. Because ones that were rushed out to meet their deadline haven't been better. Many games go through multiple in house delays that we never hear about. Blizzard games when they were good use to get delayed all the time. It is crew dependent, but it's hard to know where this one stands.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

As Miyamoto once said "a delayed game is eventually good. A rushed game is forever bad"

Just me or does the Scarlet Witch character model look a lot like Kathyrn Hahn (Agatha in Wandavision)?
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    As Miyamoto once said "a delayed game is eventually good. A rushed game is forever bad"
    Thats a dated quote that hasn't really applied to where games are now

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Thats a dated quote that hasn't really applied to where games are now
    I think it still applies when you look at games like Cyberpunk 2077 and Battlefield 2042 that were clearly rushed out the door. No amount of updates were able to reverse the terrible first impression those games made.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I think it still applies when you look at games like Cyberpunk 2077 and Battlefield 2042 that were clearly rushed out the door. No amount of updates were able to reverse the terrible first impression those games made.
    Cyberpunk wasnt a bad game though. 2 versions of it (PS4/XB1) were. The PC version was actually well recieved That quote originally was from the late 90s before patches were a thing in the console space. A game was released and that was it forever. Now a game can come out bad and eventually become good if a dev continues to work towards that. Continuous updates such as with No Man's Sky can do that. A complete rework as was done with FFXIV can also do that. In the case of live service games, the landscape is ever changing and those games have the potential to improve with each iteration.