I wasn’t planning on reading this but hey it’s Kyle Higgins who does a lot of Power Rangers type stories that I genuinely really like so I took a chance on this. I will say the biggest praise I will give this is that it looks good and our main protagonist is sympathetic. I’d like to say more then that but come on it’s a whole new character using an established name in a five issue miniseries. It’s essentially just set up for this new kid Connor Young.

I will say we do get a pretty good dive into his headspace of how a personal tragedy has effected his life and it’s a little somber because he has MS. They really do try to play up the emotional aspect of this kid going through all this.

Then he gets the crystal and turns into an upgraded Darkhawk costume and fights some criminals who mistake him for War Machine (love Rhodey getting a shout out). Of course later we learn that he probably has greater stakes in the crime going on around him, as one of the criminals is actually someone very close to him.

So yeah we got a new Darkhawk, I know that doesn’t sound the most exciting statement but this is just one of those situations where it will all depend on how this whole miniseries plays out.