Thread: Anger managment

All-New Member

Default Anger managment

how do you control yourself when you are angry?
    Last edited by Micheal; 08-26-2021 at 08:28 AM.

If you are easily angered, or angry all the time, it's not about controlling your anger, but why are you so angry.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Micheal View Post
    how do you control yourself when you are angry?
    You mean, the consequences of the anger… The gist is to find an acceptable outlet, before the anger is getting out of control… I know people who kept for themselves their irritation, it built up, built up… and, bam, explosion. Oh, they were quiet and satisfied, afterwards. But their interlocutors were quite shaken and didn’t forget easily. Not socially acceptable.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

I have a tough time sometimes letting go of my anger when something has upset me. Now, thanks the stars i am not a violent person so it never gets too bad but i do can say some pretty stupid things when i am in this state.

I have learned to always let some time pass before interacting again with the offending person and to keep my bloody mouth tight shut till then lol.

Hope you can laugh at this.

There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Anger often comes from a loss of control situation. It grows from feelings of frustration over something or someone you can't control or don't know how to control. It can also come from feelings of pain, and hurt, where again you don't know how to control it, how to stop it, or are frustrated over it having happened.

Some people are quick to anger, they take every slight as an attack against them.

Others are slow to anger.

Knowing yourself, knowing if you are a quick to anger person or a slow to anger person, knowing what makes you angry and from that figuring out why is a good first step.

I'm a slow to anger person, anger for me is a last resort response and one I rarely use. if I need to do anything, I'm more likely to go someplace private and cry it out. Or talk it out with someone.

Exercise and physical activity also works to mitigate anger, clear your head, and give you the breathing space needed to think about why you are angry.

Note that there are extreme situations where the anger may be justified (though acting on the anger might not be), or psychological reasons why a person might not be able to control themselves and their anger. That is a whole different situation.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

I smoke a big joint...
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    I have a tough time sometimes letting go of my anger when something has upset me. Now, thanks the stars i am not a violent person so it never gets too bad but i do can say some pretty stupid things when i am in this state.

I have learned to always let some time pass before interacting again with the offending person and to keep my bloody mouth tight shut till then lol.
    I am exactly the same

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    I smoke a big joint...
    Sooo looking forward to retirement.

The biggest problems for me with anger are that I will do or say something rash. My solution is to take some time before doing or saying anything. Give yourself a chance to cool off and see things with a more level-headed perspective.

Of course, you first have to realize you are angry. Or getting angry.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post

This is the way.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.