Question Assistance Required For My AU Jon Kent Idea

After thinking about it I've decided on my next fan project - A What If Jon Kent Was Never Aged Up?

Premise

In this idea, I'll use a minor time skip of three years. Jon will be fourteen at the start of this story and about to enter high school (that he skipped these formative years in canon is a major missed opportunity, IMO). This series will be in the vein of other high school superhero dramas such as Static Shock, Smallville, Buffy, Ben Ten (latter part), Stargirl, and MHA. Damian, Maps, Kathy Branden, Clark, Lois, etc will be the main supporting cast. My biggest problem is who should be the villains? I'd rather avoid using a full roster of OCs in these roles ( may use a few but not many). Conversely, I don't want to rely too heavily on classic Superman or Batman villains as Jon (and to a lesser degree, Damian, Kathy, & Maps) should face his own foes. Are there are more obscure or underutilized villains I could use that would fit given my outline?

I am a firm believer in the old adage it is better to think of a solution than simply complain about something, thus I'm putting my money where my mouth is.

Thanks in advance everyone for the input and any other general advice you can offer.
    Last edited by Celgress; 08-26-2021 at 08:29 AM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

My choices if you want to give Jon villains who are of similar “archetype” as Clark:
    Ultra-Humanite - The body hopping ability he has means he could be in disguise as either a teacher or a student. Jon as a half human/Kryptonian hybrid means that unlike his father, Jon’s body might accept Humanite’s consciousness. Plus he’s a big bald genius so that gives Jon his own “Lex” lol.

The Auctioneer - This guy is an alien who collects valuable objects of interest and sells them to the highest bidder. He’s an obvious choice to make Jon’s “Brainiac”. He could be trying to capture and sell Jon to Brainiac or Cadmus or anyone who wants to dissect him for being a hybrid

Vyndyktvx - The son of Mr. Mxy going up against the son of Superman feels like an obvious choice lol

Drekken the Destroyer - From Morrison Action he does the whole “evolve to defeat his opponent” that Doomsday does

Lor-Zod - Another obvious choice, Son of Zod vs. Son of Superman

The Gambler - This guy would be Jon’s “Prankster”, he was an old Superboy foe who engineered disasters and took bets on the results, perfect to be reinvented for Jon

Kosmon the Hunter - Damn this dude predated Kraven! Same basic archetype though, he’d be perfect for Jon. Obviously he wants to kill the first Kryptonian/human hybrid, could have him employed and given weaponry by Vyn just like Bloodsport was given weapons by Luthor

The Mechanical Master - Able to animate machines to do his bidding. Could be Jon’s “Metallo”

Mongal - She’s literally never done anything except die lol, so she’s a blank slate for you to craft her into Jon’s “Mongul”

Obsession - Here’s an easy one, she was a crazy Superman fan girl who wanted to marry him. Easily adaptable as a classmate of Jon’s who has a crush on Superboy and gets powers in an attempt to impress him, then goes nuts when he doesn’t respond to her like she wanted. Jon’s “Maxima”

Puzzler - She’s made of nanomachines I believe from Up, Up, and Away, you could have fun with that

Volcana - She was cool in the DCAU but never made the jump to the DCU, could work great as a Rogue for Jon as his “Livewire”

I could list more but I think that’s a solid list lol.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I was gonna say make Psychic Lad an antagonist for Jon but I think Lemire already did that.

Thanks for the suggestions Vordan and Illustrious Mr. Kenway. You've given me a great deal to think about (especially you Vordan).

If anyone else thinks of anything please do not hesitate to post your thoughts.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I want an irongiant-esque and bakka character for jon's support/maschots.Jon's cape and hair changes to something like cyborg009.

The kid is still tall for his age.Jon would be good at hand to hand and swordsman ship or marksmanship(either will be fine).He would be more scifi..Jon would be operating in hamilton that has become more advanced due to alien the refugees.It would be country side more advanced than city of tomorrow.The city of today with a boy of action
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 08-27-2021 at 05:06 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"