Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

I read it. Aside from a couple bright spots like spoilers:
    Doc Ock still having a bit of a conscience and agency
    end of spoilers I thought it blew. And did I miss an issue, or did spoilers:
    Morlun just appear out of thin air again even though he’s supposed to be super dead? I don’t remember him from the previous SW issues.
    end of spoilers Also that tacked on spoilers:
    epilogue with Strange and Mephisto was embarrassingly rushed when it should’ve been woven into the main story.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    I read it. Aside from a couple bright spots like spoilers:
    Doc Ock still having a bit of a conscience and agency
    end of spoilers I thought it blew. And did I miss an issue, or did spoilers:
    Morlun just appear out of thin air again even though he’s supposed to be super dead? I don’t remember him from the previous SW issues.
    end of spoilers Also that tacked on spoilers:
    epilogue with Strange and Mephisto was embarrassingly rushed when it should’ve been woven into the main story.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Morlun has been alive for this.Also the Sins thing can bring back dead anyway.

The epilogue was rushed but it was, to me just a reminder that Strange and Mephisto are still in play and will be a part of this.

I hated the ock thing.Should have been Peter, Ock should have bought him time to make the play
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    spoilers:
    Morlun has been alive for this.Also the Sins thing can bring back dead anyway.

The epilogue was rushed but it was, to me just a reminder that Strange and Mephisto are still in play and will be a part of this.

I hated the ock thing.Should have been Peter, Ock should have bought him time to make the play
    end of spoilers
    Maybe I am reading this wrong but I get the impression that the OMD deal is over and Otto is free as well ( not sure about Miles). It is important to note that Aunt May is in 874 and maybe, just maybe the title of 874 “What Cost Victory?” Means that although Peter “beat the house” the price he must pay is adios to Aunt May? It is also possible that everything involving Ben could be Peter and MJ faking death or a coma until Peter heals and Ben is basically the backup quarterback until the starter ( Peter) returns?

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    Maybe I am reading this wrong but I get the impression that the OMD deal is over and Otto is free as well ( not sure about Miles). It is important to note that Aunt May is in 874 and maybe, just maybe the title of 874 “What Cost Victory?” Means that although Peter “beat the house” the price he must pay is adios to Aunt May? It is also possible that everything involving Ben could be Peter and MJ faking death or a coma until Peter heals and Ben is basically the backup quarterback until the starter ( Peter) returns?
    So Ben is Nick Foles while Peter is Carson Wentz in this case then
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

This run feels like it's gotten a little out of hand.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I’m struggling to think of what the point of this mini was… I haven’t seen a battle royale this drawn out, pointless and boring since ‘Maximum Carnage.’ From a story development POV, there wasn’t nearly enough to warrant it.

I’m struggling to think of what the point of this mini was… I haven’t seen a battle royale this drawn out, pointless and boring since ‘Maximum Carnage.’ From a story development POV, there wasn’t nearly enough to warrant it.
    Are the fights even that good, arguably? Especially with how much it's just your protagonist getting beat up.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's gone downhill. Last thing I enjoyed from it was Sins Rising/The Return of the Green Goblin.

Agreed. Felt the same way about King's Ransom and The Chameleon Conspiracy unless I'm getting things mixed up.

Honestly you only need issue 1 and 4 since the fighting is still continuing in amazing. guess marvel is padding the run reason why I don't know
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    So Ben is Nick Foles while Peter is Carson Wentz in this case then
    Good analogy. Definitely not Tom Brady replacing Dew Bledsoe or Lou Gehrig replacing Wally Pipp. Hopefully for Ben he is Jerome “The Bus” Bettis leaving and a not so good situation ( The Rams) and going on to a Hall of Fame situation ( Steelers).
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 09-01-2021 at 10:09 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Honestly you only need issue 1 and 4 since the fighting is still continuing in amazing. guess marvel is padding the run reason why I don't know
    One possibility is Nick Spencer has a strange desire to use every character who appeared more then once in Spider-Man. He even had a way for The Stacy Twins, Jean, Captain Stacy Uncle Ben and Gwen to be referenced in his run. Basically everyone except Eddie, Punisher Phil and Kingsley

Fantastic Member

All I'll say about the ish...

spoilers:
    My homie Fred better return from the dead one day.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

I'm one more day retconed yet ?

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

SINISTER WAR is a weird series. Feels like it's simultaneously rushed AND filler.

The big stuff is happening in ASM.

The events of SW should probably have just been compressed and occurred in two issues of ASM (directly alongside the big Kindred/Norman revelations). It's just a really weird format to end a major Spider-Man run on.

Exactly why I told my LCS owner, I wasn't picking this up, despite pulling ASM. And I agree Spender's run has been Meh at best.