Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Incredible Member

But guys... something great is coming. Just wait. There are two more issues left. /S

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    SINISTER WAR is a weird series. Feels like it's simultaneously rushed AND filler.

The big stuff is happening in ASM.

The events of SW should probably have just been compressed and occurred in two issues of ASM (directly alongside the big Kindred/Norman revelations). It's just a really weird format to end a major Spider-Man run on.
    SW is more action based, if they just let peter take care of the bad guys in a BiB fashion it would be fine

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    But guys... something great is coming. Just wait. There are two more issues left. /S
    I mean, the statement isn't wrong.They literally can't push it back anymore.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    SW is more action based, if they just let peter take care of the bad guys in a BiB fashion it would be fine
    $20 is a lot to pay for an extended action scene.
    Last edited by David Walton; 09-01-2021 at 11:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I mean, the statement isn't wrong.They literally can't push it back anymore.
    ASM #900... LOL. The true end of Spencer's run, just without Spencer!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Are the fights even that good, arguably? Especially with how much it's just your protagonist getting beat up.
    Fights are very boring - feels very Anchorman 2 esque, where the point is just to introduce yet another anchor-team to promote chaos as opposed to being well-staged/choreographed fighting.

The main reason for teams is how they play off one another's personalities/abilities. The only real interesting team dynamic in the series was Shocker synergizing with Hydroman, but even then the art doesn't really capture the idea of water conducting electricity as opposed to Shocker just using a standard blast.

On a separate note - I still find myself not caring about Kindred at all. Doesn't have charisma, especially without the mystery of their identity. Which I find hurts the series since Kindred is doing so much narrating.

It had nice character bits like with Ock and Boomerang but it didn't need to be a 4-issue miniseries, completely tied to the ending of the run.

I feel like this issue is way better than the last two, but stil - it could have been a lot better. Mephisto stuff isn't well incorporated into the story, a missed opportunity.

Then, there's the big elephant in the room. OMD.
    It's obvious they are referencing it... Without stating that they are referencing it. It's like Spencer wants to do it, but Marvel is afraid - so we have a half-assed attempt that is not satysfying at all.

Hey look it's Peter's Astral Lanndscpe *wink*wink*
    Look, it's the brand new day panels *wink*wink*
    Look it's mephisto, why is he here? *Wink*wink*

I feel burned out by this story. It's teasing for the sake of teasing, and it's not a good story anymore. I can't imagine a new reader, who is not familiar with Spider-Man, jumping on board right now. Stuff just happens with no explanation at all.

Also - why is Boomerang dead? I mean, why are they always killing characters? It's cheap shock value, nothing more.
    Last edited by Dzika_Sowa; 09-01-2021 at 02:26 PM.

These 4 issues didn't need to exist lol.

Also, Ock's plan would probably cause a dangerous brain infection IRL. But let's not think about the fate of those little bugs because it's real gross.

Read it. Still don’t understand why Juggernaut is there. He’s been a semi-hero for a long time now…

Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar

I guess Sinister War was an Amazing Waste™.

Cape comics always focus on interpersonal drama much more than anything, not only because of narrative but because of its monetary structure (you can't give a whole lot of focus to fights when each arc typically goes around for 6 months, each floppy costs nearly 5 dollars, and the coloring and inks take a long time). So when I saw some people elsewhere getting hyped at the number of villains getting INCREASED in SW#3 I knew they were setting themselves up for disappointment - you can still do a satisfying enough fight with the Sinister Six, but I'm just reminded of Millar's Sinister Twelve where I had every nerve in my brain saying "this is going to be PLOT'd way" and sure enough the Avengers and the FF came to the rescue.

I expected "The Order" to show up here, but Otto instead plot'd the Sixes away. Par for the course, really. So you basically have a 4 issue series where the point is Spider-Man getting beaten up a whole lot before someone else saves his tushy. I think a reasonable amount of people are already going "wait, you mean Kraven Jr. was in this? The one without the man bits in the crotch, I mean. Her".

The Strange and Mephisto cuts feel even more egregious as a result: "something's wrong with Peter Parker's soul".

3 issues later: "Not tellin' ya!"

Well okay then.

I think the real point behind Sinister War and all these one-shots that kicked in high gear with Sins Rising is that Marvel really just wanted weekly Spider-Man for a while now. If that's the case, then at least Beyond is more transparent in its goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Read it. Still don’t understand why Juggernaut is there. He’s been a semi-hero for a long time now…
    Well in Spencer's run he was in ravencroft I think around the same time he solo run was coming out.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by IamnotJudasTraveller View Post
    I guess Sinister War was an Amazing Waste™.

Cape comics always focus on interpersonal drama much more than anything, not only because of narrative but because of its monetary structure (you can't give a whole lot of focus to fights when each arc typically goes around for 6 months, each floppy costs nearly 5 dollars, and the coloring and inks take a long time). So when I saw some people elsewhere getting hyped at the number of villains getting INCREASED in SW#3 I knew they were setting themselves up for disappointment - you can still do a satisfying enough fight with the Sinister Six, but I'm just reminded of Millar's Sinister Twelve where I had every nerve in my brain saying "this is going to be PLOT'd way" and sure enough the Avengers and the FF came to the rescue.

I expected "The Order" to show up here, but Otto instead plot'd the Sixes away. Par for the course, really. So you basically have a 4 issue series where the point is Spider-Man getting beaten up a whole lot before someone else saves his tushy. I think a reasonable amount of people are already going "wait, you mean Kraven Jr. was in this? The one without the man bits in the crotch, I mean. Her".

The Strange and Mephisto cuts feel even more egregious as a result: "something's wrong with Peter Parker's soul".

3 issues later: "Not tellin' ya!"

Well okay then.

I think the real point behind Sinister War and all these one-shots that kicked in high gear with Sins Rising is that Marvel really just wanted weekly Spider-Man for a while now. If that's the case, then at least Beyond is more transparent in its goal.
    I agree I thought the order would come to help Peter. I'm glad that Spiderman is weekly but with inconsistent art and lack of story telling is it worth it? Cause overall this isn't the great fight I was expecting months ago. I mean I know that Peter never did beat the 6 on his own so expecting him to handle 40 is impossible. But if action was lacking surely story will pick up and borh didn't happen
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

This was......pointless. Literally just an extended fight scene. They kinda teased something with Ock but it looks like they're saving that for another day. That's both refreshing and annoying at the same time. Oh, also Strange and Mephisto are there and do absolutely NOTHING. I mean the death that does happen is rather touching. But aside from that....again, nothing happened. There is literally no reason to pick this up