Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default New Mutants #21 - Preview

https://monkeysfightingrobots.co/mar...ew-mutants-21/

I really hope this doesn't mean Broo is losing control of them cause I really want to see him roll up to the Diplomatic Ring with an entourage.
    Last edited by JB; 08-26-2021 at 12:05 PM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

When you wish it was Surge and Hellion helping Warpath.

I hope Leah sticks around after ToM.

Is the silver kid 1 of the french twins?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Is the silver kid 1 of the french twins?
    I don't think so, Ayala just keep creating new young lame mutants, like there aren't enough already. That is all She does, She did it in AoX, She did it in CoA, and she is doing it in New Mutants. I thought there was a mandate to not crate new mutant characters but obviusly she didn't get the memo.

Incredible Member

And what happened to all the other houses in the Sextant. Since Ayala took over this book we have not seen the MLF, Gen X, the og Hellions, etc.

I really wish they'd stop going off to these random bits with new no-name mutant kids.
    And honestly I wish they'd stop shoveling more of these cannon fodder kids in when there's already a bunch of neglected characters fans want to see get more attention.

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    I really wish they'd stop going off to these random bits with new no-name mutant kids.
    And honestly I wish they'd stop shoveling more of these cannon fodder kids in when there's already a bunch of neglected characters fans want to see get more attention.
    Agreed. But creatives want to create their own characters and insert themselves into the franchise. Nothing wrong with that but we have decades of used potential just sitting around.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Mighty Member

Agreed. I don’t care about any of these newer mutant kids. There are tons of existing of younger mutants. I know the gist of the book is to train the kids, but I would be much more interested in seeing the different sextant houses pop up. New X-men kids, New Mutants, Gen X, Hellions could all just rotate through this book. Even mix some of them up into interesting dynamics. Panel time is given to new creations every issue, while many old favorites are in Krakoan limbo.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Agreed. But creatives want to create their own characters and insert themselves into the franchise. Nothing wrong with that but we have decades of used potential just sitting around.
    She could chill a litle bit with it tho, she created a hole new cast in Children of the Atom+The Prisoner X characters, isn't that enough? You donīt see other creatives in the X line doing this ****.

I really hope Ayala is off the X books after inferno, Hickman should take them, Howard and Pearce to Substack with him.
    Last edited by Milici; 08-26-2021 at 01:02 PM.

"We have a truce with the Brood."

Funny name to call psychic slavery. The Brood are legit monsters so I'm not all that upset about it, but still.

Could we not misgender the author?

In their defense these are the mutants they created in AoX, HOWEVER I’m agreement with y’all about how redundant they feel.

As nice as it is to be in an action scene, the fact that this is not only so divorced from not only the events of last issue much less what Warpsth was even up to that it just comes across as filler to slow down the actual plot of the book.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Upside...Thank the Goddess Reis is back!
    Downside...This plot is dragging on way too long. (At least we now have Brood to break up the Shadow King rubbish and monotony.)
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    I don't think so, Ayala just keep creating new young lame mutants, like there aren't enough already. That is all She does, She did it in AoX, She did it in CoA, and she is doing it in New Mutants. I thought there was a mandate to not crate new mutant characters but obviusly she didn't get the memo.
    You thought wrong.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    You thought wrong.
    That It's not Manon, that It's one of the lame Prisoner X characters, so how am I wrong?