View Poll Results: If Fox-Verse Professor X is In Strange 2 Who Should Play Him?

Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • Patrick Stewart

71 66.36%
  • James McAvoy

36 33.64%
Page 1 of 51 1234511 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Rumor: Charles Xavier Is In Doctor Strange 2

It’s being rumored that the Fox version of Professor X will make his MCU debut in Doctor Strange Multiverse Of Madness.

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness Will Feature Charles Xavier (Exclusive)

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness looks set to be one of the most important chapters in the MCU’s Phase 4. The title promises that the franchise will dive into the wider Marvel multiverse, with lots of exciting cameos from historic superhero stars, this could also change the shape of the Marvel Cinematic Universe in a major way. For instance, bringing back characters from Fox’s X-Men universe. We at Movie Scope are happy to report Doctor Strange 2 will bring one of their most beloved characters – Charles Xavier aka Professor X.

While we haven’t heard who will be the one to play the part we we can confirm he’ll come from the multiverse and will play a small yet significant role in the film.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

I don't believe it but either way these timelines are SOOOO confusing!

It would be good to see in a cameo sense but I want an actual reboot in the MCU. But I would rather have Stewart and the OG cast. I would love if Stewart unlocked the memory of mutants in the MCU and discovered them on Krakoa.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

BANNED

Neither. It is coming off trying way too hard.

X-MEN would be better off introduced as its own pure self contained film story before it starts tieing to the larger MCU universe.

Bringing back Xavier from the fox films just feel like a cheap gimmick of an already worn out rinse and repeat formula of connecting movies.
    Last edited by Castle; 08-26-2021 at 02:54 PM.

I feel like it's been rumored that everyone but Strange himself is in his film.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Wanda and Loki make sense as their stories connect to this movie perfectly and they are both magic based characters. America Chavez also make sense with her universe hopping but anything more is just ridiculous at this point. At most it may be a tiny cameo which I'm still against.

McAvoy. Stewart had a great last film. Enough of dying for him.

Even though I think Stewart is the perfect casting if they go with one of the two I think it will be McAvoy, he’s younger and can play the part for years if he’s so inclined.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Even though I think Stewart is the perfect casting if they go with one of the two I think it will be McAvoy, he’s younger and can play the part for years if he’s so inclined.
    Yes, I as well.

But I also feel that they may do a dual cast, like they did with DoFP, if there is a need to go back/ahead in time.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

I don't think this is true and as much as I enjoyed both actors I think it is time to pass the torch to someone new. Stewart is iconic but too old to be Xavier now, and I never fully enjoyed McAvoy's take as I just really hated the whole take with embedding Mystique so heavily into X-lore. Would it be fun to see a brief cameo that goes no where? Sure. But I think I would rather see a new face play the character to kick things off with the x-gene than either actor.

BANNED

You all are all wrong. The Fox character appearing in Dr.S2 is going to be Toad. Wanda vs. Toad would TOTALLY top Thanos vs. Strange.

Hopefully neither.

As amazing as Patrick and McAvoy were in their portrayals as Xavier, the X-Men as a whole deserve to be fully rebooted. Nothing from the mainstream Fox-Men movies should be put into the MCU.

Saying that, I do hope that Anya-Taylor Joy remains as Magik because she ATE that role and as far as I'm concerned carried New Mutants. Also, given her powers it would actually make sense that she could pop up in the MCU on a permanent basis.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Hopefully neither.

As amazing as Patrick and McAvoy were in their portrayals as Xavier, the X-Men as a whole deserve to be fully rebooted. Nothing from the mainstream Fox-Men movies should be put into the MCU.

Saying that, I do hope that Anya-Taylor Joy remains as Magik because she ATE that role and as far as I'm concerned carried New Mutants. Also, given her powers it would actually make sense that she could pop up in the MCU on a permanent basis.
    bolded for truth

BANNED

I want to believe.

Bring back McAvoy and Fassbender. No reason to recast those whatsoever.

Spectacular Member

I just hope that if any of the Fox X-Men characters get a cameo it's not done in a meanspirited way. Like, I loved how Arrowverse's Crisis on Infinite Earths did their cameos. So many parts of live action DC got at least a little moment, and none of them were about kicking them or their fans down. They even gave closur to the Barry Allen from the 90s Flash tv show! While letting CW Barry and DCEU Barry appreciate each other.