View Poll Results: If Fox-Verse Professor X is In Strange 2 Who Should Play Him?

Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • Patrick Stewart

71 66.36%
  • James McAvoy

36 33.64%
Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

well, the movie is called "In the multiverse of madness".... and if Feige wanted this movie to show one of those universes having mutants on it...... you gotta show mutants, you know.

And this whole phase (Wandavision/No Way Home/Doctor Strange) is about the multiverse and returns/alternate versions, so it makes perfect sense to me. Not to mention that to general audience would make the film look bigger and like an event.
    Last edited by Kurt LeBeau; 08-27-2021 at 07:29 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

No one learned their lesson from Reed Richards in WandaVision?
    "Cable was right!"

Is is really weird that after Spider-Man new trailer people still don`t believe that FOX mutants can cameo in Strange 2. Xavier and alt Illuminati were rumored for this movie a long time ago, really. It is not new.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 08-27-2021 at 07:09 AM.

Sure.... and I hear Channing is preparing for Gambit too, filming to start in New Orleans in time for Mardi Gras.

I pray that they leave the Foxmen in the past, where they belong, but who knows what shall come to pass.

Stay tuned, True Believers!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Is is really weird that after Spider-Man new trailer people still don`t believe that FOX mutants can cameo in Strange 2. Xavier and alt Illuminati were rumored for this movie a long time ago, really. It is not new.
    It's because so many rumors have been false. Look at all the ones that circulated for WandaVision. A lot of these "leakers" are just people looking for clicks. Hoping people pay attention to them. They want to be influential.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    No one learned their lesson from Reed Richards in WandaVision?
    It’s not the same situation. Reed was never rumored to be in Wandavision like Charles Xavier is being rumored to be in Strange 2. That was just a case of fans letting their speculations run wild without anything to back it other than one vague line: Kris Tapely, who was a writer at Variety, which is a major trade outlet, is backing this up it seems:

He also hints that the one who will be playing Xavier will be Patrick Stewart himself:

Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 08-27-2021 at 01:50 PM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    It doesn't have to be. People are saying characters, but in reality it's the actors that are the important factor here. They will likely just be there to show the existant of the multiverse or to provide background cameos for people to recognize. In reality any character from the fox movies we get here, probably won't be a continuation of the same one from previous movies. Jamie Foxx said earlier in his casting that this is a different Electro than the one he played before. I doubt that most of these will get more than a few lines in.

Everyone should think of these possible appearance more like how they were use on the CW's Arrowverse's Crisis of Infinite Earths. They got a bunch of people there, but for minutes if not seconds. Any cameo will likely be just to show how big the scope is.
    Arrowverse Crises is a TV Show, there are chances it never feels as stuffy, Also there seems to be something about DC crossovers that are far less annoying. Probably it is because DC is not so heavily dependent on the concept. You can have many DC outings that are still their own self contained entertainment. At this point Marvel has now become badly paranoid about thecrossover concept, they cannot do anything without not needing to mention it.

To think that there is now a good chance that X-MEN may not get it own separate unique story as part of the marvel universe first before they start meeting and greeting other marvel characters feels very cheap and too cooperate thought out from the Disney executives.

The 2 Eternals trailers, the final jokes on those trailers badly forced in Avengers and Black Panther jokes. It's like marvel does not trust Eternals enough to be liked on their own merits, they need to keeping reminding us they know other marvel characters.
    Last edited by Castle; 08-27-2021 at 10:14 AM.

Given that this is a huge spoiler if true it would be great if it wasn’t in the thread title.

This was posted on Twitter. What happened after the scene below? (Too lazy to look it up.)

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    This was posted on Twitter. What happened after the scene below? (Too lazy to look it up.)

Xavier called a meeting with the Avengers and X-Men and then House of M happened.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    Xavier called a meeting with the Avengers and X-Men and then House of M happened.
    Thank you!

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

You know what. I'm going to offer an option that I think could play out as an interesting professor X. We've already had Stewart and McAvory so why not go and do someone different.

I offer Lance Reddrick
    corporate_104_2-2000 (1).jpg

He can play fatherly Charles and also asshole philandering Charles. And Reddick also always brings it to every part he has so...why not for Charles Xavier.

See the reason I don't see this happening is that it would overshadow a lot of things. And the idea that Monica would be part of the Illuminati with him, it's just...I don't see it happening.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    You know what. I'm going to offer an option that I think could play out as an interesting professor X. We've already had Stewart and McAvory so why not go and do someone different.

I offer Lance Reddrick
    corporate_104_2-2000 (1).jpg

He can play fatherly Charles and also asshole philandering Charles. And Reddick also always brings it to every part he has so...why not for Charles Xavier.

See the reason I don't see this happening is that it would overshadow a lot of things. And the idea that Monica would be part of the Illuminati with him, it's just...I don't see it happening.
    Lance Reddick would work better as a a villain, Maybe in Yondu style turn him into Exodus. The ONLY re cast actor of Xavier that I will accept from MCU is Mark Strong! Now that is just perfection!

Ironically Lance Reddick and Mark Strong are both exactly the same age. Just looked them up. 58 years old. Both would be good. I’m of two minds on the race-bending Charles Xavier thing though. On the one hand, making him a minority — and especially black as an American — really leans into the whole mutants as a parallel for historically disenfranchised and persecuted groups. On the other, though, I kind of like the idea of Charles being this privileged white guy who went to Harvard or wherever, and who has good intentions, but is juxtaposed against a Magneto who, let’s say, leans more into his Romani-Jewish heritage and thus knows what real persecution feels like. It would make Magneto a more sympathetic villain, like Killmonger was in Black Panther. Whereas if Xavier is black I think they’re on more level footing in this regard, and thus his peaceful coexistence stance gives him even higher ground morally. At least IMO.

So I could kind of see the case either way honestly.

A universe where mutants exist is in MoM, a battle takes place, mutant blood is shed and finds its way back to MCU proper thus cementing mutants in the main timeline sparking birth of the species…