View Poll Results: If Fox-Verse Professor X is In Strange 2 Who Should Play Him?

Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • Patrick Stewart

71 66.36%
  • James McAvoy

36 33.64%
Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Ironically Lance Reddick and Mark Strong are both exactly the same age. Just looked them up. 58 years old. Both would be good. I’m of two minds on the race-bending Charles Xavier thing though. On the one hand, making him a minority — and especially black as an American — really leans into the whole mutants as a parallel for historically disenfranchised and persecuted groups. On the other, though, I kind of like the idea of Charles being this privileged white guy who went to Harvard or wherever, and who has good intentions, but is juxtaposed against a Magneto who, let’s say, leans more into his Romani-Jewish heritage and thus knows what real persecution feels like. It would make Magneto a more sympathetic villain, like Killmonger was in Black Panther. Whereas if Xavier is black I think they’re on more level footing in this regard, and thus his peaceful coexistence stance gives him even higher ground morally. At least IMO.

So I could kind of see the case either way honestly.
    Very good points!!! It really depends on how they want to portray Charles as you said (inspirational and benevolent leader vs privileged asshole).

I don’t think he necessarily has to be an asshole, rather just someone who means well but has lived a privileged life, thus his position seems quite naive to someone like Magneto and other mutants who’ve had much harder lives.

Ultimate Member

I think McAvoy would be too young.

Feige is playing the nostalgia factor in No way home, so I think its more likely to use the same card for the X-Men in MOM. I just dont see him bringing some actors from the prequels, taking into account the last two sequels are some of the worst rated by critics and fans (aside from poor boxoffice).
    And since this will be a one and done appearance, bringing Patrick and one or two OT actors would have a bigger impact on the audience, since its been many years since the last time they saw them (2014, and some of them just had cameos or small roles)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt LeBeau View Post
    Feige is playing the nostalgia factor in No way home, so I think its more likely to use the same card for the X-Men in MOM. I just dont see him bringing some actors from the prequels, taking into account the last two sequels are some of the worst rated by critics and fans (aside from poor boxoffice).)
    Yes, as most including myself has said, he is banking on Nostalgia but the real question is why?

Sure it will be the same use card because MCU has only one kind of formula. However I never expected they may want to take it this far. I hope it just stays a rumour.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt LeBeau View Post
    Feige is playing the nostalgia factor in No way home, so I think its more likely to use the same card for the X-Men in MOM. I just dont see him bringing some actors from the prequels, taking into account the last two sequels are some of the worst rated by critics and fans (aside from poor boxoffice).
    And since this will be a one and done appearance, bringing Patrick and one or two OT actors would have a bigger impact on the audience, since its been many years since the last time they saw them (2014, and some of them just had cameos or small roles)
    I think Stewart would fit the role better in the current MCU. No knock on McAvoy, but Stewart's version has been around longer in his time, so it better fits the idea of a veteran X-leader IMO

Ultimate Member

I don't expect Xavier to appear in Multiverse of Madness, but if he did, and it was Stewart, I'd expect it to be a multiversal version of him that won't continue on, because I don't think Patrick Stewart wants to sign up to be in a half-dozen MCU movies here in America over the next decade, with each of them being another 7500 chances to get exposed to COVID or one of it's variants, at his tender age of 'too old for this shit' and 'I already have all the moneys.'

So I'd expect McAvoy, or someone new entirely, to be the MCU Xavier, going forward.

I'm tired of British Xavier.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Yes, as most including myself has said, he is banking on Nostalgia but the real question is why?
    I kinda assume it's by Sony's request.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I don't expect Xavier to appear in Multiverse of Madness, but if he did, and it was Stewart, I'd expect it to be a multiversal version of him that won't continue on, because I don't think Patrick Stewart wants to sign up to be in a half-dozen MCU movies here in America over the next decade, with each of them being another 7500 chances to get exposed to COVID or one of it's variants, at his tender age of 'too old for this shit' and 'I already have all the moneys.'

So I'd expect McAvoy, or someone new entirely, to be the MCU Xavier, going forward.
    How much do they need Xavier, though? We've seem him played out across several movies. Maybe one of the other X-Men, like Storm, can move into his former role, and he has his final moment in "one last ride"

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    He's American in the comics, right?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post

I kinda assume it's by Sony's request.
    I am not really sure about this. Sony did Spiderverse, the only way I can see this argument is if ..perhaps Sony wants to use Tom Holland in their Spiderman movies of Venom and Mobius, which still has nothing to do with Fox.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    easy: the movie is about the multiverse, Feige and Marvel will show that there are many different universes out there and its obvious he doesnt want to use just the Avengers actors in variant roles, so he is taking advantage of the previous marvel franchises, to show that those other worlds have other heroes. With the Sony/Marvel deal they can use those Spidey actors and with Disney buying Fox they can use Fox actors, so its kind of an obvious answer. Feige wants an event type of movie, and this way its feel bigger/more special than just using Strange, Wanda and America Chavez.

And clearly those cameos/guests will be just that, one and done cameos. Feige wont be using all those versions moving forwards, specially with the mutants, since Marvel Studios will soon start their reboot. So lets enjoy this film for what they want to bring, and get ready for a new/different future at MCU.

I feel like this is building up the same expectations that WandaVision did. The What If show also deals with the Multiverse, but all the characters are the same ones already in the MCU. And with Feige saying about a year ago that they have a plan to build up to the X-Men in five years, I have my doubts about these rumors. Things could always change. But this also sounds a lot like Magneto being at the end of WandaVision. Or Reed being the science guy. Pietro actually coming back and being the Fox version.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I feel like this is building up the same expectations that WandaVision did. The What If show also deals with the Multiverse, but all the characters are the same ones already in the MCU. And with Feige saying about a year ago that they have a plan to build up to the X-Men in five years, I have my doubts about these rumors. Things could always change. But this also sounds a lot like Magneto being at the end of WandaVision. Or Reed being the science guy. Pietro actually coming back and being the Fox version.
    Pietro returning was the only plausible one, but as a variant, not the Fox version. It was also the only one I wanted to see, personally.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    People are just getting their wires cross. Any Fox character/actor returning here will be treated as a easter egg/cameo/surprise for the audience. It's not the start of mutants in the MCU. It could be, cause it's a valid way to explain it, but it will most likely not be. Others are just hoping this could mean some actors will crossover like Deadpool and be given another chance, but if they didn't do it with Pietro when they had it all set up right there, I think this is unlikely as well.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    People are just getting their wires cross. Any Fox character/actor returning here will be treated as a easter egg/cameo/surprise for the audience. It's not the start of mutants in the MCU. It could be, cause it's a valid way to explain it, but it will most likely not be. Others are just hoping this could mean some actors will crossover like Deadpool and be given another chance, but if they didn't do it with Pietro when they had it all set up right there, I think this is unlikely as well.
    Probably the NWH trailer also brought up new fan expectations about the Fox characters doing something similar