Default Kenshin Himura vs Tanjirou Kamado

I haven't seen a Rumble between the two of them posted and I've been curious for a while over how the two of them would match up since both are similarly meta level swordsmen.

For the purposes of this rumble, Kenshin's sakabatou has the same level of durability as a nichirin sword.

Tokyo-arc Kenshin vs Pre-Mugen Train Tanjiro

Kyoto Arc Kenshin(Pre-Hiko training) vs Pre-Hashira arc Tanjiro

Kyoto Arc Kenshin (*Post-Hiko training) vs Post-Akaza arc Tanjiro

No Demon Tanjiro.

*Since Kenshin never actually becomes stronger following the end of the Kyoto arc, Jinchu and Hokkaido arc Kenshin are essentially treated as the same.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Errrrr...

I don't know what you mean by Hashira and Akaza arcs because those aren't arcs?

Obviously this comes down to speed, Kenshin is a bit more flat in terms of his power levels. Based on my sketchy memories of Rouroni Kenshin, I think you have to be Hashira level to really compete with him.

So, depending on whether you're dealing with Tanjirou from the point in the series wherein he reached the Hashira level in your proposed matches, he's gonna lose.

Pre-Mugen Train gets blitzed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Errrrr...

I don't know what you mean by Hashira and Akaza arcs because those aren't arcs?

Obviously this comes down to speed, Kenshin is a bit more flat in terms of his power levels. Based on my sketchy memories of Rouroni Kenshin, I think you have to be Hashira level to really compete with him.

So, depending on whether you're dealing with Tanjirou from the point in the series wherein he reached the Hashira level in your proposed matches, he's gonna lose.

Pre-Mugen Train gets blitzed.
    Sorry, the wikia apparently labels these two as "arcs", so I just went with it *shrugs*.

Where to do you place Tanjiro's speed? Before losing his arm and eye, I had him pegged at some level of bullet timer.
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 08-26-2021 at 04:01 PM.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Sorry, the wikia apparently labels these two as "arcs", so I just went with it *shrugs*.

Where to do you place Tanjiro's speed? Before losing his arm and eye, I had him pegged at some level of bullet timer.
    I can't remember the name of the thread, but one of the users has an all purpose feat algorithms type thread, and it covered Tanjiro's speed, pegging him as a low level speedster by the end of the series

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Yeah, while my knowledge of Kimetsu no Yaiba is pretty forensic as detailed in the above link. I have read RK once like a decade ago so I don't know exactly how Kenshin stands in relation to the analysis I did on KnY.

I recall Kenshin weaponising breaking the sound barrier against Enishi which is pretty wild. How fast is he?
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 08-27-2021 at 05:37 AM.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

His buddy, who has been demonstrated to be considerably slower than him (like can't perceive his fastest stuff slower), blocked an artillery shell at close range with a giant sword that was hidden at the time. He himself was deflecting the occasional bullet early in the series, and his speed ramped up significantly in the Kyoto arc with his final two techniques. IIRC, early on there's a villain with a gatling gun pointed at the group on open ground, and Kenshin's monologue suggests that the gatling gun isn't so much a problem as are the logistics of getting across the room to grab his dropped sword so he can do something about it - might be misremembering it though. I'm pretty sure the anime represents the scene a bit differently.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 08-27-2021 at 06:39 AM.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands