Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Renee Montoya & Crispus Allen...

Would you be interested a Renee Montoya & Crispus Allen partners book?

Somewhat based on an amalgam of the comic and their new Gotham TV incarnation.
    What if by day Detectives, by night they moonlight as their own masked hero IDs

Homage back to their pre-52 exploits, but so as not to take anything away from Vic Sage and Jim Corrigan, giving them their own new masked Identities.

I miss these characters more than most of my family members. I wasn't aware that they were to be featured in Gotham.

Quote Originally Posted by MykeHavoc View Post
    I miss these characters more than most of my family members. I wasn't aware that they were to be featured in Gotham.
    Me neither, but to my surprise they showed up in the Gotham preview, it's what gives me hope for a comic.

Go to 2:45 Or click here ...Well, well, well, if it isn't Montoya & Allen

Maybe with a new spin on the characters...

Last edited by Güicho; 08-25-2014 at 07:20 PM.

Holy ****. You just made my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post

Somewhat based on an amalgam of the comic and their new Gotham TV incarnation.

Homage back to their pre-52 exploits, but so as not to take anything away from Vic Sage and Jim Corrigan, giving them their own new masked Identities.

I am going to be checking out Gotham by Midnight (if the first arc sells me I will follow it in trade) but their inclusion would likely get me to buy it in singles
    “Nothing is harder to understand than a symbolic work. A symbol always transcends the one who makes use of it and makes him say in reality more than he is aware of expressing.”
    ― Albert Camus

Cris is in dire needs of his specs and goatee. And Jim better grow his stache by season's end :-P

I just watched the whole 20 min preview. I was trying to avoid it, but the cats out of the bag. I'm pretty pumped. I have read some early pilot reviews, but im gonna remain optimistic despite the luke-warm response. This could be a great slow burn that pays if big. Here's hoping.

I just want to see Renee Montoya in the New52, however she's presented (although I did like her as Question).

I loved Rene and Cris' pre-52 characters and stories and am glad to see them in Gotham.

But I haven't seen anything about the Gotham tv show developing their origins as The Question and The Spectre respectively. The flashing animated gif is hopeful fanart.

I think we're going to see their Gotham Central lives which is awesome.

BANNED

Not in the slightest because I already read and loved Gotham Central and I don't want crucial events in and after that reversed just to have more of the same.

Stories end and readers should learn to move on to somehting new.

Quote Originally Posted by MykeHavoc View Post
    Cris is in dire needs of his specs and goatee. And Jim better grow his stache by season's end :-P

I just watched the whole 20 min preview. I was trying to avoid it, but the cats out of the bag. I'm pretty pumped. I have read some early pilot reviews, but im gonna remain optimistic despite the luke-warm response. This could be a great slow burn that pays if big. Here's hoping.
    Specs, ...see bellow. Goatee, Andrew S. Jones swapped for a soul patch.
    From the preview it's definitely a different take on the characters, they seem to be more antagonistic, and not working under or with Gordon, they are the vets while Gordon is the rookie, and in a different unit "Major Crimes Unit. Not sure how sympathetic or likable they will be.
    They could end up as allies and regulars, or they may be there just to get killed. Just character stepping stones to show Gordon's is the right direction...LOL, we will see.

Quote Originally Posted by heyevaxx View Post
    I loved Rene and Cris' pre-52 characters and stories and am glad to see them in Gotham.

But I haven't seen anything about the Gotham tv show developing their origins as The Question and The Spectre respectively. The flashing animated gif is hopeful fanart.

That is no doubt outrageously hopeful fanart LOL!, just to put something out there.
    I think it would be great if they teamed again in the comic though, and by extension eventually adopted hero IDs again, something familiar but not the already taken Question/Specter Ids. (which everyone knew were going to revert to the originals.)

Something their own, they could carry forward. ..hence Q. & A. question and an answer theme, an Enigma & an Axiom etc...
    Although I'd keep her fedora, and his cloak(more a hooded goth coat) look for him.

As to their respective times as masked heroes (even if they don't exist in current "continuity"), they were so transcendental to begin with, they can still be alluded to(not stated) as some kind of other worldly experiences, conveying a kind of continuity into any potential new IDs.
    Last edited by Güicho; 09-11-2014 at 10:58 PM.

Great! Gotham TV Podcast Exclusive: - Interview with Victoria Cartagena and Andrew Stewart-Jones.

Read transcript - http://gothamtvpodcast.com/tag/interview/

Or listen to the interview @ about min. 14:05 - http://gothamtvpodcast.com/gotham-tv...zero-year-e15/

I was pleasantly surprised by Andrew Stewart-Jones' accent as I knew nothing about the actor, only his scene from the trailer.

Some quotes...

Cartagena: I really love the story arc for Renee in Half a Life [issues 5 - 9] she went through a lot of highs and lows. So I really hope it makes it onto the show because what stood out to me was how strong the bond is between Montoya and Allen. During those really tough times (Crispus) Allen was the only one that really went to bat for her and he had her back without question. You could just see how fiercely loyal they are to one another. So they’re more than partners, they’re friends or…more like family actually. I hope that the audience get to see that bond and it was important for me to read that on paper to make sure we were getting the job done.
    She's obviously a fan of the comics.

Stewart-Jones: If you ever end up being questioned by us, ....you will be wishing and praying to wake up from your bad dream! []… do not cross Allen and Montoya!
    Awesome!

They also put up this pic. looks photshoped, but cool!

If the characters catch on in the show, I hope they rethink them in the comics, and bring them both back as significant players.
    Last edited by Güicho; 09-12-2014 at 02:09 PM.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Yes but as cops only! No Question, no Spectre. I really disliked those changes.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    Yes but as cops only! No Question, no Spectre. I really disliked those changes.
    Ok, what about...

Last edited by Güicho; 09-12-2014 at 07:19 AM.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

What if by day Detectives, by night they moonlight as their own masked hero IDs.

To be honest, I was never really a fan of either costumed identity. I liked them as straight cops in a corrupt system. Making them vigilantes takes that away, as they are then engaging in criminal acts (no matter how noble the reason). Allen, specifically, was always very by the book.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

If they became Spectre and Question, it should logically happen after their police careers are over like in the books. Though I guess on TV, you could get away with it by tweaking their personalities. But Corrigan Spectre will be on Constantine and it looks like the shows are trying to avoid character overlap (not to mention the fairly reality-rooted vibe we're getting off of Gotham).

And let me say how delightful it is to hear an actor sight the source material! It seems so many get these roles and don't have as much of a grasp on the history, but those quotes are very reassuring to us fans, especially for someone who, in the long run, is really a cult character when it comes to the massive mythos being covered.