Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MykeHavoc View Post
    If they became Spectre and Question, it should logically happen after their police careers are over like in the books. Though I guess on TV, you could get away with it by tweaking their personalities. But Corrigan Spectre will be on Constantine and it looks like the shows are trying to avoid character overlap (not to mention the fairly reality-rooted vibe we're getting off of Gotham).
    Yeah Corrigan is the Specter in both comics and apparently will be in Constantine which is great! , also Sage is not surprisingly the Question again. I doubt they will revisit that for Renee Montoya & Crispus Allen, or that anyone would want that.

If they are prominently featured in Gotham though, it'd be nice if the comics actually spotlighted them a bit more, they've been pretty much non existent Nu52.
    We've seen them as just cops though, and as the Question & Specter already. Hence a suggestion Montoya & Allen inevitably adopting their own new hero aliases. A nod to their past story arcs, but in a new direction.

Or if WB ever want to pursue these characters further, spin them off into a crossover with Constantine, these two from Gotham would be the ideal characters to bridge that gap into the supernatural.

And let me say how delightful it is to hear an actor sight the source material! It seems so many get these roles and don't have as much of a grasp on the history, but those quotes are very reassuring to us fans,
    Agree. I like how they've worked out the chemistry between them from the source, I hope this reads in the show.
    And that the comics pursue it further, whatever form they take.
    Last edited by Güicho; 09-16-2014 at 01:41 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Y
    We've seen them as just cops though, and as the Question & Specter already. Hence a suggestion Montoya & Allen inevitably adopting their own new hero aliases.
    WOuldn't mind that at all.

Though I think the more satisfying artistic take is to treat them as heroes anyway, without the costumes and aliases, and have them act like their pre-new 52 personas.....

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    To be honest, I was never really a fan of either costumed identity. I liked them as straight cops in a corrupt system. Making them vigilantes takes that away, as they are then engaging in criminal acts (no matter how noble the reason). Allen, specifically, was always very by the book.
    This and
    Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    Yes but as cops only! No Question, no Spectre. I really disliked those changes.
    This.

I would much rather see a Gordon book with them and others like Bullock as supporting characters. There is no reason to make every single character a superhero.It is boring in the length.
    Last edited by Tupiaz; 09-16-2014 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gwangung View Post
    WOuldn't mind that at all.

Though I think the more satisfying artistic take is to treat them as heroes anyway, without the costumes and aliases, and have them act like their pre-new 52 personas.....
    Pretty much. Renee and Crispus Allan as superheroes was an absolutely stupid idea.

Quote Originally Posted by gwangung View Post
    Yes, I'd like to see them just as cops. The GCPD are important in their own right, and it's always good to see people in their ranks that we recognise, beyond just Gordon and Bullock. Plus, it's a much better match for any spillover interest in the comics Gotham might generate.

Just watched them in the first Gotham episode.
    I love this team up, and Victoria Cartagena & Andrew S. Jones did them justice.

I really like how the two otherwise minor characters are used, they seem like two good cops (although not without their own demons) trying to stay afloat in an already corrupt system, who have nothing but each-other's backs.

Although that may be impossible, and nothing is black and white here.
    Obviously they don't see what we know and we see in Gordon yet, so from their POV he's already just part of the problem. Which makes them great antagonists.

Hopefully they eventually see he's the guy they should be backing, and equally he should eventually find a way to trust and use them as allies, to accomplish what he wants from within the system..

Although that may be impossible considering....
    ....The not so subtle reveal between Renee Montoya and Barbara Kean
    Does Gordon even know?

Anyway it's great to see them transition so well into another medium, (although for Montoya it's kindof full circle)

I would love to see them brought back more prominently into the comics!
    Last edited by Güicho; 09-22-2014 at 07:35 PM.

GOTHAM/Major Crimes Unit; featurette on Montoya & Allen -

GCPD? Like that, ....but honest.
    "We're the good guys"
    Although they may also have the furthest to fall.

Definitely a different take on the characters, Montoya is pushing way to hard. And Gordon is gonna push back, I like the tension being set up here.
    They have an impossible task ahead of them. My guess they won't come out of it unscathed. To bad they can't see the truth about Gordon (Yet).

I really wish they had more of an ongoing presence like this again in the actual DCU comics.
    Where are they showing up?
    Last edited by Güicho; 10-06-2014 at 08:52 AM.

EXCLUSIVE: THE QUESTION ....FEATURE IN DC'S "CONVERGENCE" MINISERIES - http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=56990

QUESTION
    Writer: Greg Rucka
    Artist: Cully Hamner
    Two-Face is fighting another world's Harvey Dent, and it's up to Renee Montoya as the Question to help him beat the odds.
    Greg Rucka
    +
    Renee Montoya as the Question

And on TV
    Last week:

Heck yeah! Screw the Gotham PD, they all betrayed Gordon.

Enter Montoya & Allen!

-

And from Cartagena's twitter - https://twitter.com/VickiCartagena/s...11942466387968
    Don't know is this a personal image or from an actual episode?
    Fedora, a nod to the ¿Question?

She later jokes/hints it's a bit more Carmen Sandiego than the Question:woot: I don't mind that nod either.
    Now is there a parallel image of Crispus Allen in a long greenish coat and hood?
    Last edited by Güicho; 11-11-2014 at 01:06 PM.

Damn tease.

Thats not really accurate to say. We will be getting a two issue story and perhaps she will be featured in the weekly series, but they've been very clear in saying that this is all outside of the New 52 Earth 0. Trust me, I'd love nothing more than for it to be integrated into the main universe following the event, but no need to get people's hopes up. Ill just be thankful with what we are getting for now. Being written by Rucka, cant really ask for more.

Thats not really accurate to say. We will be getting a two issue story and perhaps she will be featured in the weekly series, but they've been very clear in saying that this is all outside of the New 52 Earth 0. Trust me, I'd love nothing more than for it to be integrated into the main universe following the event, but no need to get people's hopes up. Ill just be thankful with what we are getting for now. Being written by Rucka, cant really ask for more.
    Well I'm hoping for Vic Sage to return. However I don't think they will use Montoya as the Question in Convergence if DC didn't have some kind of plan for her in the New 52. This is of cause just speculation however I find it unlikely that Vic Sage will return anytime soon.

Convergence for me don't seems to be totally disconnected from the New 52 either.

"According to Co-Publisher Jim Lee, the event will tackle the most-asked questions since DC rebooted its superhero line in 2011 with the New 52: whether key stories in DC history still "count" in continuity, and what happened to some of the beloved characters that haven't been reintroduced in the past three years.

"What we're really addressing is they all exist and have existed and exist within the framework of the New 52," Lee told the newspaper. "'Convergence' is in many ways the most meta epic event we've done."
    "
    Last edited by Tupiaz; 11-11-2014 at 10:34 PM.

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

For Convergence I'm hoping for like regular and Ultimate Marvel after this. Series in both universes. Who knows?

I remember back in the Smallville days there was the Chloe Chronicles and other tie-ins. I kinda wish they'd do a promo comic, maybe digital first, that follows Renee and Crispus on a case in the Gotham universe. We don't really know what they do outside of badgering Gordron (and then saving him).

Something like the young Justice TV comic, where it's bonus material but not required reading to enjoy the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Tupiaz View Post
    I don't think they will use Montoya as the Question in Convergence if DC didn't have some kind of plan for her in the New 52....

"...the event will tackle the most-asked questions .... whether key stories in DC history still "count" in continuity, and what happened to some of the beloved characters .....""
    Not trying to be completely cynical about editors and writers today, but an event to show/explain "what happened to some beloved characters" could just as easily mean to them an opportunity to tell their death! scene.

Like - Oh you wanted to know why they are not around? - here - now you know.
    See the Wally thread for people being setup for similar.

Hopefully the Convergence Montoya story is really to setup where she has been and why she does still exist.
    Last edited by Güicho; 11-12-2014 at 04:06 PM.