Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Well, that Convergence two-issue series wound up being based on a pre-Flashpoint scenario where the city had been removed from one universe and placed on another . . . something . . . so doubt that will be brought back (unless Geoff Johns really stretches how he resolves Doomsday Cluck).

But I would like Montoya and Allen to be brought back in regular DC comic books again, though not "moonlighting" in "their own masked hero IDs". The DC books can really use more non-masked regular / recurring characters without mysterious powers and abilities!

Not to be rude, but why do you keep bumping these super-old threads?
    Last edited by Caivu; 10-20-2018 at 09:35 AM.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    What's wrong with reviving an old thread to see if anybody wishes to discuss it? Is there a problem with that?

Besides, I'd like to see these two characters appearing in DC comic books again, and it seemed silly to create yet another new thread when there's already one that had been created before.

Better than creating a whole new thread to discuss the same subject.

More discussion is good isn't it?
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Well, I'd like to think it can be.

By the way, I recently posted this stuff in another thread, but Montoya and Allen first became partners in Detective Comics #742 (March 2000):

OP - Perhaps, it depends on the direction.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Crispus Allen's first encounter with Batman?
    From Batman: Turning Points #5 (January 2001):

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Better than creating a whole new thread to discuss the same subject.
    After four years?
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

After four years?
    So, you would have preferred I just created a brand-spanking new duplicate thread? What would be the point of that?

Besides, you took almost a month to make that comment . . .

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    So, you would have preferred I just created a brand-spanking new duplicate thread? What would be the point of that?
    Yes, that would be preferable to digging up a four-year-old thread. Better still to just let the topic stay dead; it died for a reason, after all. Why are all these old threads you're bumping so important all of a sudden?

And I didn't respond for a while because I was hoping this would just slip away again (the contradiction there isn't lost on me).
    Last edited by Caivu; 11-13-2018 at 09:54 AM.

Yes, that would be preferable to digging up a four-year-old thread. Better still to just let the topic stay dead; it died for a reason, after all. Why are all these old threads you're bumping so important all of a sudden?
    Well, thank you for informing me that nobody cares about the things that are of interest to me.

The community standards about this are a little unclear. While it is true that it is encouraged to seek existing threads for a topic rather than created redundant threads, there is also a rule against bumping threads for the sake of bumping them.

DO NOT BUMP THREADS

Posting just for the sake of bringing a thread to the top of the forum’s first page is not permitted. This causes threads with actual ongoing conversation to slip down the forum and is unfair to their participants. Bumping posts will be deleted, may result in the thread being closed or deleted, and users responsible may face punitive action regardless of whether their bumping resulted in resurrecting discussion or not. Resurrecting old threads with genuine posting content is permitted.
    So I suppose it comes down to what you view as genuine posting content (though I would argue that your resurrection of the several polls is most certainly a case of bumping.)
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    . . . (though I would argue that your resurrection of the several polls is most certainly a case of bumping.)
    And yet, people were participating in many of those polls after I revived them, so I think that means they were of interest to people who hadn't realized they had previously been created.
    So, would that be a bad thing to do?