Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Default Preview Onslaught Revelation spoliers

Bob Q has posted a link on Twitter.
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...-preview-pages

Incredible Member

Is the Hellfire Gala look the permanent outfit for Loa now?

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    Is the Hellfire Gala look the permanent outfit for Loa now?
    Pixie and Loa are wearing variations of their Gala outfits since this is the Cruciball.

edit: I'm not sure why Dazzler isn't wearing hers or why DJ and Blink are just wearing their actual costumes, though.
    Last edited by Paragon; 08-27-2021 at 09:38 AM.

The Poster FKA Firebaton ThomBoleyn's Avatar

I think it is best we all forget that atrocity they put Dazzler in for the Gala and just let her wear that updated Blue Uniform. LOL.
    Should be an interesting book, I'm curious to see if it will dovetail into the other events or if this is all separately happening at the same time as Trial of Mags/Inferno
    I don't post often, but I like to chime in now and again.

Xavier looks pissed
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Onslaught’s weapon looks familiar. Both as the Crucible sword and the bifurcated tower Kurt is squatting in...

3D1518D9-BFB4-436F-8E0D-9F999359398C.jpg

Why is this a oneshot and not an issue of WOX?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Why is this a oneshot and not an issue of WOX?
    The cynic in me thinks money grab and the optimist thinks that the story ramifications are a big deal.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    The cynic in me thinks money grab and the optimist thinks that the story ramifications are a big deal.
    The grumpy old man in me says the first 5 issues did so little to matter to the story they may as well make it a one-shot.

Most likely this is happening as a one shot because editorial realized that the plot introduced in WOX had massive ramifications for the line and they couldn't leave it dangling despite WOX selling terribly, so they cancelled WOX but made this a one-shot to boost sales of the only part of the story that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Most likely this is happening as a one shot because editorial realized that the plot introduced in WOX had massive ramifications for the line and they couldn't leave it dangling despite WOX selling terribly, so they cancelled WOX but made this a one-shot to boost sales of the only part of the story that matters.
    It’s a shame. I felt like Way of X was asking the questions the longtime fans were asking. Of course, with Hickman leaving, it’s all liable to change anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    WoX got cancelled already? Did it have its last issue already?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    WoX got cancelled already? Did it have its last issue already?
    Spurrier is working on ‘season 2’ as per his interview earlier this week. I think it’s cancelled due to changes in the status quo with Inferno. Suspect it will start again in the New Year with the relaunch if the line.

By all accounts it sold very poorly, comparable to CotA. So it suddenly became a miniseries after Spurrier tried to tell everyone that it wasn't. Rumors about what's going to happen after Inferno are all over the place, with the most prominent being that basically every series is ending anyway and getting relaunched in January. Its hard to take anything the writers are saying seriously at this point.

Thinking on it more, Onslaught may have been a poor choice of villain for this series. While he's a huge deal, he's also been more a metaphor or a force of nature here. Or, more cynically, a scapegoat for all the terrible things characters have done in the relaunch. Onslaught himself has never spoken. We have no idea how or why he's back, or even how or why he's doing what he's doing, or even what exactly he's doing. And we only have one issue left to explain all of that and have a satisfying conclusion with Kurt and Legion.

Extraordinary Member

My impression is that Onslaught was not originally supposed to be the villain, and the story was rewritten to give it an iconic big bad villain to end off dealing with.