Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    For the more recent ones, I loved the final panel of Wolverine and Nightcrawler together at the ORCHIS station. I guess Nigthcrawler is probably a magnet for these moments.
    That scene BROKE me.
    I was recovering from cancer treatment and just getting back into the books to distract myself.
    D2A31AF9-DE5E-4CC7-A75C-CD309E9175E0.jpg

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    That scene BROKE me.
    I was recovering from cancer treatment and just getting back into the books to distract myself.
    D2A31AF9-DE5E-4CC7-A75C-CD309E9175E0.jpg
    Oh yeah such a sweet and poignant moment. Hope the treatment gets you well/better.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Heroism beyond all else...
    Shadowcat 40.jpg
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member

magik spares belasco.jpg

A seminal moment that made the difference between her becoming a hero or a villain. In many ways this is more impactful than Luke sparing Vader in Return of the Jedi, because this wasn't a momentary burst of anger against someone she'd sent the story trying to save that passes just as quickly as it comes on. This is about a child who has had the mercy beaten out of her over years of abuse finding it again on her own, someone who has been made to feel like a complete monster deciding that there is still a little bit of good in her that should still be cherished and cultivated.

magik kills the elder gods.jpg

It is not just the end of one of the greatest recurring threats the Marvel universe has ever faced, it's a true moment of closure after 30 years. Everything Illyana has done and accomplished in the last 10 years follows from this moment, the end of a nightmare that began when she was just 6 years old.

Extraordinary Member

magik opens big portal.jpg
    magik opens big portal 2.jpg

Not a super-emotional moment, but perhaps her coolest teleportation feat. Moving a space station the size of a star destroyer between dimensions is far beyond anything she had done previously in terms of teleporting.

I always loved this one

Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Astonishing Member

Colossus snapping Riptide's neck.

Last edited by shooshoomanjoe; 08-28-2021 at 06:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    *sigh*
    I still say Jean should be an omega level telekinetic, not telepath.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    *sigh*
    I still say Jean should be an omega level telekinetic, not telepath.
    both. also I think by now it is established that she holds herself back to stay as human as possible. So who really cares if she's an omega or not? Overpowered characters are getting boring real quick. Let the X-characters stay powerful but human...!!! *I'm also looking at you Storm...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    both. also I think by now it is established that she holds herself back to stay as human as possible. So who really cares if she's an omega or not? Overpowered characters are getting boring real quick. Let the X-characters stay powerful but human...!!! *I'm also looking at you Storm...
    You make a good point, I personally don't get the fascination with being labelled a cosmic or omega level powerhouse and then just being made redundant or inexplicably not fit for purpose in some scenarios because of plot.Like I don't mind having powerful characters , but there should be at least a caveat to explain how/why they pick and choose when to or not to use their power. In any case it is true having Galactic level reach or influence is not really appealing for me. It creates an inconsistency that becomes too glaring when one moment you can do this, that and the third but you come unstuck by some mundane plot contrivance. There should be spatial or temporal limits to how such beings alter reality or manipulate universe constituents at scale. My preference is at most it should be like 1000 square kilometers to be both pretty amazing but not stupefying to the point of being absurd.

“The most powerful telepathic mind on the planet…”

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Hero...
    Attachment 113126

Villain...the entire issue was pure Selene villainy and awesomeness!
    Attachment 113127
    That Storm/Callisto scene will forever go down in history as one of the most powerful. Great choice.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

The entirety of Bunncanny's issue #15 was a treat as Betsy is my personal fave. She took out Omega Sentinels, Sauron, the Nasty Boys.

Then helped heal some of the torment Raven's mind was experiencing due to years of shape-shifting, while reminding Raven what she thinks of her as only Betsy can.

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

And one for the villains.